Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“Cardiff will sign Moore replacement if he leaves”

Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:53 pm

Cardiff will sign Moore replacement if he leaves

25/08/21

Mick McCarthy has insisted that Cardiff City would have to replace Kieffer Moore if he is sold in the final dealings of the summer transfer window.

Should the 29-year-old depart for a sizeable fee, McCarthy believes he needs reinforcements before the window closes.

Cardiff have James Collins, Mark Harris, Isaac Vassell and youngsters Isaak Davies and Chanka Zimba in situ, but Moore's possible exit would leave a massive void in terms of experience and weight of Football League goals.

MICK McCARTHY:

Asked if he thought he had enough within his squad if Moore were to depart, McCarthy replied: "No, I don't think we have.

"Kieffer Moore is a member of our squad who scored 20 goals last year and was outstanding. We lose him - no, we'd need a replacement. Definitely.

"That's not even in the thought process that we just let him go and get nobody else in. That would just be bonkers.”

"But, the later it goes, if someone comes in - I'm talking ifs, buts and maybes here - and we do sell him, then that would make life really tough."

“We would immediately sign a replacement for Kieffer.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “Cardiff will sign Moore replacement if he leaves”

Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:10 pm

Now that is a worrying reply

Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:12 pm

First sign of MM challenging Dalman?

Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:05 pm

Would leave it very late for us and upset the Apple cart and p.ss off a lot of fans and for someone to bed in and give us a possible 20 goals who is the mystery waiting in the wings all good strikers are playing for someone
Do cardiff have any ambition?
If moore goes so will the crowds.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:32 pm

New Day Rising wrote:Now that is a worrying reply

I’d say it would be more of a worry if MM said that they wouldn’t need a replacement if he left.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:09 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’d say it would be more of a worry if MM said that they wouldn’t need a replacement if he left.

Agree

Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:10 pm

Robson kanu ffs.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:37 pm

montyblue wrote:Would leave it very late for us and upset the Apple cart and p.ss off a lot of fans and for someone to bed in and give us a possible 20 goals who is the mystery waiting in the wings all good strikers are playing for someone
Do cardiff have any ambition?
If moore goes so will the crowds.

think crowds are very much results dependent...

Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:06 pm

SKIDENIM

Are you a 100% sure crowds are result dependant only a p.ss.d of fan is just as likely not to go because of the clubs attitude
"Rebrand" lack of feel good factor outcome lack of interest
I could be wrong though.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:37 pm

montyblue wrote:SKIDENIM

Are you a 100% sure crowds are result dependant only a p.ss.d of fan is just as likely not to go because of the clubs attitude
"Rebrand" lack of feel good factor outcome lack of interest
I could be wrong though.

the first year in red our average crowd was our 2nd biggest average in 50 years.... the 2nd year { prem } was our biggest since 1954...so despite pple being peed off success kept most coming ....

Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:51 pm

Granted
I just feel we have not gone overboard signung anyone of note same as a lot i suppose but wilson going to rivals so keeping moore top scorer was easing things somewhat but it would be like a kick in the teeth especially if the board let him go for a low value
like someone said oli mc burnie 20 million and moore 7 mill plus why sell your best asset cheap

Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:05 pm

montyblue wrote:Granted
I just feel we have not gone overboard signung anyone of note same as a lot i suppose but wilson going to rivals so keeping moore top scorer was easing things somewhat but it would be like a kick in the teeth especially if the board let him go for a low value
like someone said oli mc burnie 20 million and moore 7 mill plus why sell your best asset cheap

best not to think about it unless its actually happened ? i dont quite get what Mick means by signing someone immediately though...surely that would involve negotiations unless who he has in mind is out of contract...

Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:22 pm

montyblue wrote:Robson kanu ffs.

No it is not him :thumbup:

Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:42 pm

skidemin wrote:
montyblue wrote:Granted

best not to think about it unless its actually happened ? i dont quite get what Mick means by signing someone immediately though...surely that would involve negotiations unless who he has in mind is out of contract...

No, this is the man others said had been 'lined up' but wouldn't come, if at all, until the end of the window...

What the author didn't know was this was dependant on Keiffer being sold

That disappoints me hugely... :cry:

Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:58 pm

People seems to be missing the main part of those quotes Mick:

"Ifs, buts and maybes."

Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:18 am

Igovernor wrote:

A few weeks back you said that 2 players were already agreed is that still the case ?

Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:29 am

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

A few weeks back you said that 2 players were already agreed is that still the case ?

Wez, I believe this is still the case, but things are changing daily, you would not believe it, and it will eventually depend on who goes!

Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:38 am

Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Wez, I believe this is still the case, but things are changing daily, you would not believe it, and it will eventually depend on who goes!

no names then?

Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:31 am

It would be nice to hear from Dalman, But i expect he is too busy touting KM for sale :lol:

Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:45 am

Well it all makes for an interesting last day deadline....last hour deadline.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:19 am

Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

so in a nut shell ...if players leave in the final month of a transfer window we might bring in replacements :shock: ..... and the replacements and their clubs are sat patiently waiting .....

Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:28 am

Lets hope Moore stays, but in the event that he doesn’t we must have a couple of irons in the fire. Probably a promising. Lower league striker, as we have “experience” via Collins. No point guessing.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:06 am

I do believe that bids will come in for him, but would not be surprised to see one come from a championship side. I also believe that we have a price, that if it is not matched Moore will be going nowhere, and I don't believe the figure city have in mind is anywhere near as low as the £7m rumour doing the rounds.
If Moore does leave I am sure there is a replacment MM has in mind.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:16 am

Igovernor wrote:I do believe that bids will come in for him, but would not be surprised to see one come from a championship side. I also believe that we have a price, that if it is not matched Moore will be going nowhere, and I don't believe the figure city have in mind is anywhere near as low as the £7m rumour doing the rounds.
If Moore does leave I am sure there is a replacment MM has in mind.

would imagine he has a few { just in case } in mind because as we have found out many times before not everyone wants to sell....or sell for the price you have in mind....and, not all players want to come here.. plus the more money you get for a sale the more pound signs will flash up in the eyes of any chairman of the player we might be interested in as a replacement.....

Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:43 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Agree at least he recognise it as a problem