Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Amount of empty seats in the family stand in recent years

Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:40 am

Anyone reckon the club should do a special offer for the family stand? Ie two kids go free with a paying adult? Always seems too be heaps and heaps of empty seats there.

Re: Amount of empty seats in the family stand in recent year

Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:57 am

£49 for U16’s for Championship football I think is already fantastic :bluebird: :bluebird:

It was full when we were in the Premier to see the opposition sadly not us :cry:

Family stand should not be near away end.

But it was full /sold out in Premier League.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:18 pm

I know a friend who won’t go in the family stand after the abuse they got from away fans and the swearing etc.
Stupid of the Club to put the away fans next to the family end.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:04 pm

Canton104 wrote:I know a friend who won’t go in the family stand after the abuse they got from away fans and the swearing etc.
Stupid of the Club to put the away fans next to the family end.

Yes lets stick Canton stand fans next to away supporters and bring back the atmosphere of fans baiting each other rather than supporting the team? Taken many years to rid club of bad image last thing want is to bring that image back.... suppose could put up 6ft wall so cannot see each other that'll work.....:old:

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:£49 for U16’s for Championship football I think is already fantastic :bluebird: :bluebird:

It was full when we were in the Premier to see the opposition sadly not us :cry:

Family stand should not be near away end.

But it was full /sold out in Premier League.

49 quid is already too cheap....

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:36 pm

Bluearmywes wrote:Anyone reckon the club should do a special offer for the family stand? Ie two kids go free with a paying adult? Always seems too be heaps and heaps of empty seats there.

Put simply, NO...!

As Annis says, the club itself cannot be doing any more on the prucing front and sometimes these deals to attract the 'floaters' can be a little unfair on tbe regulars

I appreciate there are some who cannot make evey game but it is recognised that the best/cheapest way to sed the Bluebirds at the stadium is via a (very reasonably priced) Season Ticket

As Annis also says, it didn't stop the stand being full in the Premier League; albeit that some were only there for certain opposition...

Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:33 pm

Sven wrote:
Bluearmywes wrote:Anyone reckon the club should do a special offer for the family stand? Ie two kids go free with a paying adult? Always seems too be heaps and heaps of empty seats there.

Put simply, NO...!

As Annis says, the club itself cannot be doing any more on the prucing front and sometimes these deals to attract the 'floaters' can be a little unfair on tbe regulars

I appreciate there are some who cannot make evey game but it is recognised that the best/cheapest way to sed the Bluebirds at the stadium is via a (very reasonably priced) Season Ticket

As Annis also says, it didn't stop the stand being full in the Premier League; albeit that some were only there for certain opposition...

In fairness, the prices are excellent!! But took my grear niece to millwall game, and she was not overly impressed(millwall fighting each other??) And after sone tried to cross the line(again them dickheads!!) She was a little perturbed, but it hasnt put her off! A win helped no doubt, we going to Bristol game too now, where it was a "trial" its looking like she got the bug! Gonna cost me for a pink shirt(she loves pink as do most girls!) But she will wear it with pride, she already shouts "blooooobirds" out my car window, every time, she sees our shirt on anybody,pmsl.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:17 pm

When we first moved to CCS that section was sold out and even had to be extended. There were 6000+ season ticket holders in there and The Canton Stand was fairly sparse in comparison.

Now it’s gone full circle. Canton is always fullest, Granstand mostly empty and Family Stand patchy.

Ninian OK, but nothing as packed as it was

Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:20 pm

We were in the Family Stand for many years when my lad was young. One of the things our group noticed was that many families were buying the cheap ST's but then only turning up for a few games. So if a block of three had been booked, only one would attend regularly while two seats go empty as they didn't fancy it that week. It seemed like it was going on all over the stand, as for many seasons the FS was sold out as it's such good value & we couldn't work out why sometimes it was half empty.

I wonder if it is again sold out and it is again people buying multiple cheap ST's and then picking the games that they want to go to? The problem is that it's so cheap that if a few of the group don't fancy it, it's no big deal financially.

When free tickets for schools were offered, it had a good response but the FS was just extended across for those games whilst the empty seats of the standard capacity remained.

We are in the Ninian now and I've been surprised how empty the grandstand and surrounding levels are! I also noticed that where the Directors Box used to normally be full, that has also been empty for our two home games.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:49 pm

Unfortunately most kids are only interested in Premier League teams, Cardiff seem to be their second team as they’re local!

Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:44 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:We were in the Family Stand for many years when my lad was young. One of the things our group noticed was that many families were buying the cheap ST's but then only turning up for a few games. So if a block of three had been booked, only one would attend regularly while two seats go empty as they didn't fancy it that week. It seemed like it was going on all over the stand, as for many seasons the FS was sold out as it's such good value & we couldn't work out why sometimes it was half empty.

I wonder if it is again sold out and it is again people buying multiple cheap ST's and then picking the games that they want to go to? The problem is that it's so cheap that if a few of the group don't fancy it, it's no big deal financially.

When free tickets for schools were offered, it had a good response but the FS was just extended across for those games whilst the empty seats of the standard capacity remained.

We are in the Ninian now and I've been surprised how empty the grandstand and surrounding levels are! I also noticed that where the Directors Box used to normally be full, that has also been empty for our two home games.

The club needs to revue way they sell tickets in family stand maybe not sell st but sell adult and child seat on match by match basis at equivalent price it would be for st.... that way dedicated fans that go most weeks to games they get priority same as club does with away games ... sure in long run get more fans in the stand

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:We were in the Family Stand for many years when my lad was young. One of the things our group noticed was that many families were buying the cheap ST's but then only turning up for a few games. So if a block of three had been booked, only one would attend regularly while two seats go empty as they didn't fancy it that week. It seemed like it was going on all over the stand, as for many seasons the FS was sold out as it's such good value & we couldn't work out why sometimes it was half empty.

The club needs to revue way they sell tickets in family stand maybe not sell st but sell adult and child seat on match by match basis at equivalent price it would be for st.... that way dedicated fans that go most weeks to games they get priority same as club does with away games ... sure in long run get more fans in the stand

Something needs to change Al, it's great that the STs are so reasonable in there but as I said, it seems part of the the problem is that some people buy up multiple cheap seats and then dont use them for many games.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:11 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Something needs to change Al, it's great that the STs are so reasonable in there but as I said, it seems part of the the problem is that some people buy up multiple cheap seats and then dont use them for many games.

Unfortunately wont change so club need to address the problem somehow.