Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy issues update on Wolves

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:09 pm

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy issues update on Wolves target Kieffer Moore as he reveals transfer chat

The Bluebirds striker is reportedly attracting transfer interest from the Premier League outfit

Thursday 26th August 2021

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy has revealed he held talks with Kieffer Moore this week over the alleged transfer interest from Wolves.

The transfer window is set to close at 11pm on August 31, with Cardiff having wrapped up all their business early in the summer.

However, in recent days it was reported that Wolves were preparing to lodge a bid of around £7m for Cardiff's main striker.

If that happened, McCarthy said it would drive him "bonkers" as he would have such little time to find a replacement for him.

But, as we near the end of the window, the Bluebirds boss insisted he has still not been contacted over the potential transfer of the Wales international.

MICK McCARTHY:

"We’ve got a player that apparently loads of people want… but we’ve got four or five days left and I’ve not heard anything!" McCarthy said.

It can be just as destabilising for the player as it can be for the club, no doubt.

McCarthy spoke at length about the experiences he had as a player and the feelings of glee and excitement which course through you when a top club are interested in signing you.

So, with the prospect of a Severnside derby with Bristol City in Cardiff's crosshairs this weekend, the manager decided to pull Moore to one side to ensure he was fully focussed on the task in hand.

MICK McCARTHY:

"I spoke to Kieffer the other night," McCarthy said in his pre-derby press conference.

"Look let’s be clear about it, if Kieffer gets a chance to play in the Premier League, he will want to do it.

"If he doesn’t there’ll be something wrong. If he didn't, I wouldn’t want that type of player. You always want to be the best version of yourself you can be.

"If that happens, I would be absolutely devastated for me, the fans and the club. But I’d be delighted for him.

"I signed him from Forest Green for £20,000 and then he went to Barnsley for about £1m and he has made himself a better version of what he was when he came to us, so he deserves his success.

"But it’s all speculation at the minute. So my message to him is to just keep your mind on what you're doing at the club.

"If it doesn’t happen, he is here and everyone loves him and want him to be part of it.

"I’ve been that player who everyone is speculating about. It’s kind of exciting and it can be difficult to keep your mind on the job.

"But I don’t think we’ll have that problem with Kieffer because he’s different class, he's a great lad."

The Welshman has one goal so far this campaign, which came in the 2-0 victory up at Blackpool.

Cardiff, and McCarthy, will no doubt be hoping he is here to add to that tally this weekend and for the remainder of the campaign.
Attachments
0_JS241956461.jpg
0_JS241956461.jpg (45.26 KiB) Viewed 4643 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy issues update on Wolv

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:25 pm

It's a rumour that seems to have no credibility to it, just came from a website that constantly makes rumours up and pulls a random Premier League club's name out of a hat.

Surprised that people are getting so worked up about it.

I would bet good money on Kieffer Moore still being a Cardiff City player in a week.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:00 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:It's a rumour that seems to have no credibility to it, just came from a website that constantly makes rumours up and pulls a random Premier League club's name out of a hat.

I would bet good money on Kieffer Moore still being a Cardiff City player in a week.

Its up there with the Bale rumour Ned.
Bakedalasker

Postby Crayfish » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:18 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:It's a rumour that seems to have no credibility to it, just came from a website that constantly makes rumours up and pulls a random Premier League club's name out of a hat.

Is it though? If it was a completely untrue rumour why haven't Wolves quashed it by saying it is untrue as its on the Wolves forum too.
Crayfish

Postby skidemin » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:39 pm

Crayfish wrote:

Is it though? If it was a completely untrue rumour why haven't Wolves quashed it by saying it is untrue as its on the Wolves forum too.

you mean like our club quashed all the other rumours that site has spun about transfers..
as for people talking on a forum there have been how many Bale topics ?
skidemin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:22 pm

Crayfish wrote:

If football clubs quashed every transfer rumour involving their club, they'd never get anything done.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby eddiep » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:50 pm

Wow, hope im wrong but looks like Mick is touting him out.

Pushing clubs and the player to have a gamble when theres nothing credible on any table...
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby skidemin » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:20 pm

eddiep wrote:Wow, hope im wrong but looks like Mick is touting him out.

Pushing clubs and the player to have a gamble when theres nothing credible on any table...

dont see it...he was asked questions and answered them.... he didnt start the rumour and didnt say anything thats not been said on here....
skidemin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:48 pm

:lol: :lol:

Have you ever seen a press conference of any sort in any profession?

The person being asked questions doesn't pick the agenda.

As said above, he was asked a question and he answered it.

There seem to be a lot of people on here desperate for this rumour to be true, which is extremely unreliable and also uncorroborated by any reputable source.

If I was being cynical, I'd say some people (such as you going by that post) want Moore to leave just so there's another reason to slate the club.

I'm not one to defend the club, not in the slightest, but it's not right to criticise them over something like this rumour - which, let's be honest, isn't really a newsworthy story due to how thin on the ground it is.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:18 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Have you ever seen a press conference of any sort in any profession?

The person being asked questions doesn't pick the agenda.

As said above, he was asked a question and he answered it.

There seem to be a lot of people on here desperate for this rumour to be true, which is extremely unreliable and also uncorroborated by any reputable source.

If I was being cynical, I'd say some people (such as you going by that post) want Moore to leave just so there's another reason to slate the club.

I'm not one to defend the club, not in the slightest, but it's not right to criticise them over something like this rumour - which, let's be honest, isn't really a newsworthy story due to how thin on the ground it is.

Sometimes I despair with some of the posters comments on here mate!

Why the hell would McCarthy be ‘touting him out’?

A player who’s known to be great around the dressing room and gets you 20 goals a season? :lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby llan bluebird » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:38 am

I despair sometimes.

Someone makes up something (speculates) in a chat room, another rumour website runs with it then before you know it a club manager gets asked a question, answers it over two weeks that there has been no contact to him (he wouldn't tell the reporter the truth either as its Fcuk all to do with them)

We all know Keiffer needs to be sold to Wolves to make way for Bale.

We can't be a club that would block a move the moneybags league otherwise we'll have trouble recruiting talented players who want to use the CCFC platform to promote themselves.

We do not have to sell Keiffer. He doesn't have many miles on the clock, is a late bloomer in a position of late bloomers, he scores goals and is on sensible wages and wants to be here.... I genuinely believe this deal would have to be heavily in our favour for it to happen, so MM is not touting him.
llan bluebird

Return to General Chat