Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marley Watkins signs

Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:13 pm

For Aberdeen where he’s previously played.

Just listening to his interview with the club he said he was at cardiff but the chairman blocked it

Good luck to him

Re: Marley Watkins signs

Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:57 pm

Very interesting that he says Dalman blocked it.

Good luck to him, he'll probably do well up in Scotland but I didn't think he was good enough for the Championship.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:30 pm

Please tell me we inserted a sell on fee like Bales.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:52 pm

New Day Rising wrote:Please tell me we inserted a sell on fee like Bales.

We better had or the committee has failed again.

No sell on for Gareth Bale is the biggest mistake the committee has made. Followed closely by Ramsey not having one.

What say you always city, Barnet blue?

Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:38 am

About time we stopped giving contracts to sicknotes!

Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:16 pm

Blocked it cos we couldn't afford it??

Watkins would not have cost anywhere even near what we saved by letting the likes of Hoillet, Bennett, Bamba at al leave.

The MP within our board said last year our squad was thin on the ground. Well we've lost 6 players. All experienced if not high quality.

We've brought in 4. Only one with good Championship experience. Watkins, would have given us a little depth and experience if not the quality.

Do the math Dalman and stop treating the fans like idiots.Do you want us to believe you are actually saving this club?

Thankfully a lot of people can see through you.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:19 pm

No sleep lost over this,the correct decision was made.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:02 pm

In another thread it says the chairman blocked a longer term deal. Sounds like people omitting parts of a statement and good business sense to me.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:14 pm

Igovernor wrote:About time we stopped giving contracts to sicknotes!

100% with you on that!!

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:14 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Blocked it cos we couldn't afford it??

Watkins would not have cost anywhere even near what we saved by letting the likes of Hoillet, Bennett, Bamba at al leave.

The MP within our board said last year our squad was thin on the ground. Well we've lost 6 players. All experienced if not high quality.

We've brought in 4. Only one with good Championship experience. Watkins, would have given us a little depth and experience if not the quality.

Do the math Dalman and stop treating the fans like idiots.Do you want us to believe you are actually saving this club?

Blocked cos he's shite more likely?

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:15 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

100% with you on that!!

Also :thumbup:

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:40 pm

Bluebina wrote:

I would disagree. Dalman couldn't identify quality in a player if it hit him in the face. All he recognises is cash, finances and the cheaper the better.

I do agree that Watkins isn't the quality we crave, but he is experienced, and experienced at this level and would serve us better than most of the kids which Dalman and the board want us to believe are the saviours of our club.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:12 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

I would disagree. Dalman couldn't identify quality in a player if it hit him in the face. All he recognises is cash, finances and the cheaper the better.

I do agree that Watkins isn't the quality we crave, but he is experienced, and experienced at this level and would serve us better than most of the kids which Dalman and the board want us to believe are the saviours of our club.

How long was he with us? and how many times out because of Injury, i can count at least twice, Dalman can be blamed for many things, but if true that he blocked this one, then he got this decision dead right :thumbup:

Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:30 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

I'm glad we didn't sign him we don't need another experience Tomlin or Vassell thanks, the only player I feel would improve us from the ones we didn't sign is Bennett, and I'm happy we didn't sign him if he wanted too much. he still doesn't have a club, he may also have to move on for less.

The club is being managed very well, and the last few transfer windows from Mick and the team have been very good!

Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:19 pm

Agree