Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So i've just heard...

Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:25 am

(And forgive me for posting as I don't usually post 'ITK' stuff).

I have been told that Wolves' interest in Moore is quite genuine. I'll admit I saw this as a non-starter (why on earth would Wolves want a 29 year journeyman striker with one prolific championship season behind him??) but they have tabled an opening bid for Moore and Moore is keen to move. Playing reguarly isn't as much a priority as it was prior to the Euros and the Premier payday is too big to turn down for a player who has spent most of his career earning relative peanuts until his Cardiff move.

Have heard that he will be omitted fron tomorrow's team altogether as Wolves have firmed up their interest and tabled an offer which the club must clearly be looking to accept (if not for some negotiation).

Cannot say this is true and I am sure tomorrow will tell but given where this has come from I unfortunately feel it is correct.

Re: So i've just heard...

Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:48 pm

so wheres it come from?

theres nothing new in here though, the guy is 29, of course he want to leave us for a premier league club.

i just hope the offer is cash heavy and not spread over 4 years

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:57 pm

We all know the club will sell for peanuts i.e.£5M ...... and then spend nothing on a weak lower league gamble.

Moore DOES deserve his chance, but the MP must come out and say we are going to get the appropriate, not first, offer we receive, secondly he must say that the money will be injected directly into the playing side of the club.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:03 pm

Barclay1 wrote:We all know the club will sell for peanuts i.e.£5M ...... and then spend nothing on a weak lower league gamble.

Moore DOES deserve his chance, but the MP must come out and say we are going to get the appropriate, not first, offer we receive, secondly he must say that the money will be injected directly into the playing side of the club.

We dont ALL know at all! Lets see what/if anything develops 1st eh??

Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:33 pm

Barclay1 wrote:We all know the club will sell for peanuts i.e.£5M ...... and then spend nothing on a weak lower league gamble.

Bloody hell your negative .:lol:

Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:

:lol: believe it or not I try not to be.

I'm realistic though. I honestly don't believe I've known a chairman and owner be so far removed from reality. Now, I've known some appalling owners, but appalling is one thing, living in cloud cuckooo land is totally different.

Each to their own though, and some love the current regime as much as I detest it, which is fine.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:07 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I'm realistic though. I honestly don't believe I've known a chairman and owner be so far removed from reality. Now, I've known some appalling owners, but appalling is one thing, living in cloud cuckooo land is totally different.

Each to their own though, and some love the current regime as much as I detest it, which is fine.

seriously ?
your like a runaway train....youve sold players for made up fees we havent even had an offer for...not only decided how much of the fictional amount the board would spend but what on ... and are not happy the chairman has not spelled it all out before anythings happened....

Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:24 am

Not happening, but you probably know that deep down.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:41 am

skidemin wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

seriously ?
your like a runaway train....youve sold players for made up fees we havent even had an offer for...not only decided how much of the fictional amount the board would spend but what on ... and are not happy the chairman has not spelled it all out before anythings happened....

I smiled at that, because it put me in my place and factually you are actually correct... my comments are typical of how the situation might play out at our club and I wouldn't be surprised one iota if I got close.

IF he goes ( good luck to him by the way) and IF we get £10M+, and IF the board were proved to have injected at least 3/4 of that into the first team, and IF they bought 2 or 3 proven Championship Quality players , I would come on here and highly commend the board, and applaud their efforts to 'have a real go' thus time round.

loads of IFs, but should he go, these Ifs must become reality. Let's see how close to the truth, if at all, I was.

If he doesn't go, then it won't be for want of trying on their part.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:04 am

Barclay1 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

seriously ?

I smiled at that, because it put me in my place and factually you are actually correct... my comments are typical of how the situation might play out at our club and I wouldn't be surprised one iota if I got close.

IF he goes ( good luck to him by the way) and IF we get £10M+, and IF the board were proved to have injected at least 3/4 of that into the first team, and IF they bought 2 or 3 proven Championship Quality players , I would come on here and highly commend the board, and applaud their efforts to 'have a real go' thus time round.

loads of IFs, but should he go, these Ifs must become reality. Let's see how close to the truth, if at all, I was.

If he doesn't go, then it won't be for want of trying on their part.

So what you’re saying that if he goes it’s all down to the board and if he doesn’t that’s nothing to do with the board !! Even though if he doesn’t go it’s probably down to them holding out for a reasonable fee !!

But hey ho, you have no agenda against the board !!!!!

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:26 am

Not really, I'm saying the board want him gone, as they want cash, any amounts of cash, and they certainly don't want cash to invest significantly in the team.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:27 am

Barclay1 wrote:Not really, I'm saying the board want him gone, as they want cash, any amounts of cash, and they certainly don't want cash to invest significantly in the team.

So if he doesn’t go that’s not down to them ???

Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:24 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Not happening, but you probably know that deep down.

Ned, look at the people who have 'bit' to the Forum's undisputed Neagativo, BarryFraud88...

It's like a Who's who? of this Forum's "I don't know but I'll knock the club anyway" merchants....

And they say I have an 'MO'... :roll: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:26 am

Barclay1 wrote:Not really, I'm saying the board want him gone, as they want cash, any amounts of cash, and they certainly don't want cash to invest significantly in the team.

Where's your evidence for that; or have you been told it by a third party again..? ;)

Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:36 am

If we are as strapped for cash as Dalman says, spent the sum total of zero in the summer, and relying on kids that cost next to nothing, and basing it on the attitude of a board that has no interest in the club's progression, I would say it is more than a fair assumption.

I dont want Moore to go, of course not, but histrionics of the club would say they would bite your hand off for a few million quid.

And, no, no hard evidence just gut instinct which has served me OK, and is yet to prove me badly wrong.

Let's hope we go top of the table today, even for a short while, which will give the fans something to shout about.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:43 am

I have no problem with him going as long as we get a sizeable transfer fee (realistically around 10 million) AND get two players in - an attacking midfield played and a replacement for Moore.

The challenge is that if transfers are left late in the window then getting a replacement is very difficult.

Knowing city we will take 5 million and will just lump Flint up top.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:00 am

Barclay1 wrote:If we are as strapped for cash as Dalman says, spent the sum total of zero in the summer, and relying on kids that cost next to nothing, and basing it on the attitude of a board that has no interest in the club's progression, I would say it is more than a fair assumption.

I dont want Moore to go, of course not, but histrionics of the club would say they would bite your hand off for a few million quid.

And, no, no hard evidence just gut instinct which has served me OK, and is yet to prove me badly wrong.

Let's hope we go top of the table today, even for a short while, which will give the fans something to shout about.

I think it’s more about cutting the enormous wage bill we have. Getting rid of the high earners and trying out our youth which tbf many board members have been suggesting for years We’ve had it pretty good and I guess it’s time to draw in the purse strings. Never mind, support the boys is what I say :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:06 am

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Not happening, but you probably know that deep down.

Ned, look at the people who have 'bit' to the Forum's undisputed Neagativo, BarryFraud88...

It's like a Who's who? of this Forum's "I don't know but I'll knock the club anyway" merchants....

And they say I have an 'MO'... :roll: :lol: :lol: :clap:

You most certainly do

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:07 am

Sven… how is my post negative? I am simply relaying information which will shortly be confirmed as to whether it was worth posting. You love to have little snipes. Definitely one of this board’s biggest snipers.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:11 am

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Sven… how is my post negative? I am simply relaying information which will shortly be confirmed as to whether it was worth posting. You love to have little snipes. Definitely one of this board’s biggest snipers.

Your post is no different to igovenors really. "I know x because of y but Im telling everyone but also not telling everyone" :lol:

Standard message board stuff really. Don't pay too much attention to people who can't talk about the actual matter.

As I mentioned, there's nothing new in there, it would be a shock if moore didn't want to go the prem, we are a championship side so will naturally sell if the offer is deemed good enough. None of that is positive or negative, just common sense.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:38 am

BarryWelsh88 wrote:..... Have heard that he will be omitted fron tomorrow's team altogether as Wolves have firmed up their interest .....

..... I am sure tomorrow will tell but given where this has come from I unfortunately feel it is correct.

Kieffer Moore starts.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:39 am

Well this was another great ITK post.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:39 am

Barclay1 wrote:If we are as strapped for cash as Dalman says, spent the sum total of zero in the summer, and relying on kids that cost next to nothing, and basing it on the attitude of a board that has no interest in the club's progression, I would say it is more than a fair assumption.

If no evvidence, why make it out like it's fact (or close to it)???

There are some pretty gullible people on here just looking for a negative 'in' :roll:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:26 pm

Sven wrote:

There are some pretty gullible people on here just looking for a negative 'in' :roll:

But it's all subjective. Thoughts and opinion s aren't facts, and I don't think my comments could be described as factual just opinions...

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:56 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Sven wrote:

But it's all subjective. Thoughts and opinion s aren't facts, and I don't think my comments could be described as factual just opinions...

Problem is, and this goes for everyone not just you, when you are claiming you know someone who "knows" it's not just another opinion.

Stick your head above the parapet.... as they say

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:11 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Problem is, and this goes for everyone not just you, when you are claiming you know someone who "knows" it's not just another opinion.

Stick your head above the parapet.... as they say

Credit where it's due; that's a fair comment... :ayatollah: