Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ryan Wintle to Blackpool on loan

Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:27 pm

Being reported by Footballleagueworld

Astonishing if true

Re: Ryan Wintle to Blackpool on loan

Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:46 pm

absolutely mental. thought he looked tidy actually v brighton, but its a big big failure on the manager/whoever signs the players if this is true.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:48 pm

What a waste of a signing if true.

We had little budget to pay for wages and bring players in and the club go out, get their man and then realise he's not good enough? Wasn't this done when scouting!?

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:24 pm

fred keenor wrote:Being reported by Footballleagueworld

Astonishing if true

Almost as astonishing(not) as spending 5.5m on a striker who the manager thought he could turn him into something he certainly wasnt, never mind the £8m on Cornelius!!!

He obviously not impressing MM in training? He hasnt cost the earth, so perhaps a loan is the right move for both parties? These things happen,not ALL signings work out straight away, and a lot not at all

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:44 pm

Clear here the committee are signing players the manager simply doesn't rate.

A philosophy that will only spell disaster, but that is the boards middle name at the moment.

Thin on the ground? We rid ourselves of 6, and, if Wintle goes, we bring in 3.

The arrogance and distain with with Dalman treats the fans is incredible.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:46 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:What a waste of a signing if true.

We had little budget to pay for wages and bring players in and the club go out, get their man and then realise he's not good enough? Wasn't this done when scouting!?

This is what 'The committee' does.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:43 pm

Well it's not true at moment guess it's probably been done In secret? :D

Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Well it's not true at moment guess it's probably been done In secret? :D

Allan, this is the same source that had Keiffer Moore signing for Wolves a few days ago... ;)

Time will tell but it has been noted the club 'knockers' have moved from one topic to another; with paul_h marking his (disappointing) return with a string of negative posts rather than contructive/informed opinions...

Some people will never change... :roll:

Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:13 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Well it's not true at moment guess it's probably been done In secret? :D

Allan, this is the same source that had Keiffer Moore signing for Wolves a few days ago... ;)

Time will tell but it has been noted the club 'knockers' have moved from one topic to another; with paul_h marking his (disappointing) return with a string of negative posts rather than contructive/informed opinions...

No they wont and I see still having random posts from sleeper posters.... not sure why they feel need to hide away for years under a name before coming out for an hour or so then go back into hybination very odd.. :D

Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:49 pm

Sven wrote:

Here you are again. Same shtick. I'm glad I haven't been the only one to pick up on your MO though

Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:19 pm

To my knowledge he’s not going anywhere!

I knew Ronaldo was going to Man Utd yesterday but didn’t want to say hmmm.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:26 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Here you are again. Same shtick. I'm glad I haven't been the only one to pick up on your MO though

Aye, aye, fella; seems you can't fight for yourself :oops:

You couldn't pick up paper to be fair... :lol:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:07 am

This is as true as the Kieffer Moore rumour.

But that I mean not at all true.

Wintle is part of Mick's plans for the season. He knows that he will need Wintle as the season goes on, and has referenced to that on multiple occasions.

Absolute non starter.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:13 am

Sven wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Aye, aye, fella; seems you can't fight for yourself :oops:

You couldn't pick up paper to be fair... :lol:

Couldn't pick up paper :roll: excellent

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:38 pm

Confirmed.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:55 pm

If he goes, it could mean that someone’s coming in.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:44 pm

Congratulations to the OP on this thread who turned out to be correct despite being roundly mocked by some.

There should be a few red faces on this thread tonight.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:43 pm

This is insane?

Surely somebody from the club needs to come out and explain this?

Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:08 pm

What a waste of a signing the kid must be thinking what a shit club I’ve joined and who could blame him

Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:22 pm

RV Casual wrote:This is insane?

its not that unusual for a club to sign a player from a couple of leagues lower and then loan them out ?
think it seems worse due to the lack of in coming this season...

You could not make this up :o - But Good Luck To The LAD ;)

You could not make this up :o - But Good Luck To The LAD ;)

Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:43 pm

skidemin wrote:

its not that unusual for a club to sign a player from a couple of leagues lower and then loan them out ?

It makes no sense.

If he was 19-22 and developing I could understand it but he's 24 and we apparently have no money and are working to a tight budget so signing players you have no intention of playing for me is completely bizzare.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:04 am

RV Casual wrote:
skidemin wrote:

It makes no sense.

If he was 19-22 and developing I could understand it but he's 24 and we apparently have no money and are working to a tight budget so signing players you have no intention of playing for me is completely bizzare.

but his initial signing made no sense....hardly a position we struggle to cover... can only imagine its a case of him being free, on low wages which Blackpool are covering the majority of and he is going to come in useful when next years raft of out of contract players leave... ?
its not looking good and not just for this season..

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:27 am

skidemin wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
skidemin wrote:

It makes no sense.

but his initial signing made no sense....hardly a position we struggle to cover... can only imagine its a case of him being free, on low wages which Blackpool are covering the majority of and he is going to come in useful when next years raft of out of contract players leave... ?
its not looking good and not just for this season..

It's a position we lack quality in, and wintle came with a reputation of being a ball player, which is a bad sign from the get go let's be honest.

Additionally, we are only playing two in the middle instead of 3, MM is not going to drop pack (who's started the season very well)

I'm not sure what I dislike the most about all this, the fact he's gone out on loan or the fact we signed him in the first place