Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So very true this !!

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:37 pm

Not my words but this is spot on.

This rape case against Benjamin Mendy is absolutely why I will not take any lectures on my morals from these overpaid virtue signalling footballers.Their industry has been blighted with rape allegations almost as long as I can remember.We,ve all heard stories of "roasting" young girls in hotel rooms for years.And yet nobody is taking the knee for these young girls who have had their childhoods stolen.

Re: So very true this !!

Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:30 pm

And that's correct . shouldn't be taking the knee for anything.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:36 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Not my words but this is spot on.

This rape case against Benjamin Mendy is absolutely why I will not take any lectures on my morals from these overpaid virtue signalling footballers.Their industry has been blighted with rape allegations almost as long as I can remember.We,ve all heard stories of "roasting" young girls in hotel rooms for years.And yet nobody is taking the knee for these young girls who have had their childhoods stolen.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:36 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I agree with this... :thumbup:

Moreover, I am a little confused at point/need of the thread...

Benjamin Mendy, if found guilty, is one man accused of a heinous crime that would rightly carry a hefty penalty...

The fact he is a 'footballer' is surely just coincidental to the actual charge and is no different to many others who are charged/convicted of the same offence(s)?

Whilst no one should ignore that there have been other high profile occurencrs within football, these have also happened... in other walks of life and surely need to be taken on their individual merits rather than circling the whole of the footballing community into one disturbing genre...

There are some excellent role models in and around football; but, as in other areas of life, there are predetory scum waiting for an opportunity :cry:

Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:15 pm

People shouldn't be swayed into having a certain opinion by anyone, be it footballers or anyone else.

I don't know the stats, but I'm sure footballers make up a very short % of rape convictions.

Also should be remembered that all that's happened is he's been charged, he may well be found not guilty.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:42 pm

Last year a police office admitted to murdering a young woman; the TV and film industry has been rife with men taking advantage of and abusing woman. School teachers have abused children in their care, plumbers, builders, bankers, office workers etc have all been found guilty (and in many cases not even been charged).

This is not a football issue - and it’s certainly not a BLM issue which is really what is being got at here.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:56 pm

Blue78 wrote:

Last year a police office admitted to murdering a young woman; the TV and film industry has been rife with men taking advantage of and abusing woman. School teachers have abused children in their care, plumbers, builders, bankers, office workers etc have all been found guilty (and in many cases not even been charged).

This is not a football issue - and it’s certainly not a BLM issue which is really what is being got at here.

blm when it suits
not blm when it suits
the gullibles really need to remember what yesterdays message was/ is........

Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:57 pm

skidemin wrote:
Blue78 wrote:

blm when it suits
not blm when it suits

Have absolutely no idea what your point is here?

Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:12 pm

He may well have to get used to holding the soap!

Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:13 pm

Blue78 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Blue78 wrote:

blm when it suits
not blm when it suits

thought all this kneeling had nothing to do with BLM..... obviously it does but we have had managers, players, the FA and Gareth flaming Southgate all saying otherwise...

Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:40 pm

Firstly, why is this a sticky? Nothing to do with Cardiff city and an opinion not completely shared by everyone im sure.

Secondly, if Mendy was white I don't beleive there would have been a connection to taking the knee. Eg See the Everton player, we all know who, that didn't have people saying anything about it, And I'm sure he's taken the knee before.

Having said that, on your point about footballers in general not being good role models / telling people what to do because of their own behaviour I largely agree however the truth is they are all high profile and with that comes some responsibility because they are role models to lots of people, so it's good they are trying to convey a message that I'm sure we can all agree with in terms of getting racism out of football?

Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:52 pm

Taking the knee is gesture politics,just provides a perception that football is doing something about racism same with all the false adverts now on television of happy black people leading super dupperlives .

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:01 pm

New Day Rising wrote:Taking the knee is gesture politics,just provides a perception that football is doing something about racism same with all the false adverts now on television of happy black people leading super dupperlives .

Don't disagree with you. But on reflection wouldn't all the adverts that show super duper happy mix raced families completley counter the BLM oppression narrative.

Pointing out the lack of consistency in corporate virtue signalling rather than your post to be clear.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:22 pm

Qwerts wrote:Firstly, why is this a sticky? Nothing to do with Cardiff city and an opinion not completely shared by everyone im sure.

Secondly, if Mendy was white I don't beleive there would have been a connection to taking the knee. Eg See the Everton player, we all know who, that didn't have people saying anything about it, And I'm sure he's taken the knee before.

Having said that, on your point about footballers in general not being good role models / telling people what to do because of their own behaviour I largely agree however the truth is they are all high profile and with that comes some responsibility because they are role models to lots of people, so it's good they are trying to convey a message that I'm sure we can all agree with in terms of getting racism out of football?

If it was genuine, I’d agree. I’d wager many couldn’t give a shit either way. Like most supporters.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:08 pm

skidemin wrote:
Blue78 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Blue78 wrote:

blm when it suits
not blm when it suits

thought all this kneeling had nothing to do with BLM..... obviously it does but we have had managers, players, the FA and Gareth flaming Southgate all saying otherwise...

I don’t think it is, but equally wouldn’t have a problem if it was. People see what they want to see and make of something what they want to make.

Let me reframe it - this isn’t a football issue and I would hope that whoever wrote that original quote knows that, so I suspect that there is a ‘different’ undertone/narrative to it. As a contrast, plenty has been said about Giggs…but I haven’t seen one person link what he has done to ‘virtue signalling footballers taking a knee’.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:37 am

Qwerts wrote:Firstly, why is this a sticky? Nothing to do with Cardiff city and an opinion not completely shared by everyone im sure.

Nothing to do with CCFC ? Ummm hello the club is full of virtue signaling players. And secondly you saying this post is racist ? Well get on my one knee no surprises there then.