Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Igovernor signings?

Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:31 pm

A couple of weeks back you said there was going to he two signings all done but won't be announced yet is that still the case ? .

Re: Igovernor signings?

Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:39 pm

⁰he also was very confident a few years ago .Koumas is coming back.didnt happen sadly

Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:47 pm

DEANO wrote:⁰he also was very confident a few years ago .Koumas is coming back.didnt happen sadly

I’m pretty sure that Sam had sorted that transfer and Ridsdale pulled the plug on the desk at the last hurdle as he thought it would put us deeper in debt.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:58 pm

DEANO wrote:⁰he also was very confident a few years ago .Koumas is coming back.didnt happen sadly

It's a genuine question not a dig at him ,got a feeling the two he was on about could be loans hence why it couldn't be confirmed yet ,hes normally bang on with information.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:11 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’m pretty sure that Sam had sorted that transfer and Ridsdale pulled the plug on the desk at the last hurdle as he thought it would put us deeper in debt.

My recollection is that Sam was trying to bully the West Brom chairman into selling Koumas on the cheap and the West Brom chairman was having none of it effectively telling Sam to pay up or f**k off.

We all know how that ended.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:20 pm

davids wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

My recollection is that Sam was trying to bully the West Brom chairman into selling Koumas on the cheap and the West Brom chairman was having none of it effectively telling Sam to pay up or f**k off.

We all know how that ended.

yep...and i think koumas either went on strike or threatened too....

Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:16 pm

Wait until the window closes oh and don’t forget about the players without contracts.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:25 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Wait until the window closes oh and don’t forget about the players without contracts.

Four full days to go :thumbup:

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:38 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:Wait until the window closes oh and don’t forget about the players without contracts.

Loan deals?

Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Loan deals?

More to the point are they any good? :D

Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:32 pm

Igovernor wrote:

incredible....

Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:05 pm

skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

incredible....

You certainly are; and seemingly jealous of others having even some knowledge... :oops:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:47 am

Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

incredible....

You certainly are; and seemingly jealous of others having even some knowledge... :oops:

indeed....really jealous of a not very mystic meg....
what a prediction..... we might sign a player during a month that literally hundreds of players will be signed by various clubs.....
its hardly the lottery numbers now is it.....its more in line with predicting they will not have forgotten to mark a spot in the middle of the pitch tomorrow..... but as incredible as the not ITK stuff is you arriving with a road digger is more so

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:43 am

skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

incredible....

indeed....really jealous of a not very mystic meg....
what a prediction..... we might sign a player during a month that literally hundreds of players will be signed by various clubs.....
its hardly the lottery numbers now is it.....its more in line with predicting they will not have forgotten to mark a spot in the middle of the pitch tomorrow..... but as incredible as the not ITK stuff is you arriving with a road digger is more so

How many times over the years have we nearly signed a player and it did not go through, even players turning up at Ninian park and then signing for another club, I am sure someone on here will remember their names. It is not an exact science, it is what football is. Players change their mind, or the selling/ loaning club do. I post on here what I have been told you may not believe it but I do, but things do change quickly as the window draws to a close. I could have been more specific regarding signings, but chose not to, if by some chance we do not sign anyone, then you are welcome to come back on here and give me stick, but if and when we do, I am not going to come on here and say I told you so :thumbup:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:18 am

Or perhaps I will :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:13 am

Igovernor wrote:Or perhaps I will :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Rog get them eating humble pie! :laughing6:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:27 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Allan just had a name change from Ned :lol:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:38 am

Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan just had a name change from Ned :lol:

Didnt even notice... :lol:
But maybe your one of those that change names frequently on here? :mrgreen:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:02 am

wez1927 wrote:A couple of weeks back you said there was going to he two signings all done but won't be announced yet is that still the case ? .

Wez as far as I know yes!

Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:23 am

Igovernor wrote:
How many times over the years have we nearly signed a player and it did not go through, even players turning up at Ninian park and then signing for another club, I am sure someone on here will remember their names. It is not an exact science, it is what football is. Players change their mind, or the selling/ loaning club do. I post on here what I have been told you may not believe it but I do, but things do change quickly as the window draws to a close. I could have been more specific regarding signings, but chose not to, if by some chance we do not sign anyone, then you are welcome to come back on here and give me stick, but if and when we do, I am not going to come on here and say I told you so :thumbup:

Jody Morris is one I remember. Also wasn't Tom Ince supposed to sign but did a bunk elsewhere?

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:00 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Jody Morris is one I remember. Also wasn't Tom Ince supposed to sign but did a bunk elsewhere?

Marcus Bent was another. He nearly signed for us but last minutes said he wanted to go and speak to Birmingham. Upon that we withdrew our interest.

I don't think Paul Ince came as close to signing for us as Morris or Bent though, just speculation I believe.