Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW / OPINION: TODAYS CARDIFF CITY'S LOCAL DERBY

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:24 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION:

CARDIFF CITY'S LOCAL DERBY ENDED IN DEFEAT / SLOPPY DEFENDING COST CARDIFF CITY AGAINST BRISTOL.

This was the 100th meeting between Cardiff City and Bristol City in all competitions, with the first coming all the way back in January 1915 in an FA Cup tie, won 2-0 by the Robins & The Robins won the 100th match :cry:

Did we deserve a point, Hmmmm? We were the home team and Bristol took it to us. I feel Cardiff need to up their game more.

3pts badly gone missing against a struggling Bristol team.

First-Half: it was out of the Blue when Bristol scored, but a very sloppy goal by Cardiff. Giles was the most threatening for Cardiff. Over all though Bristol looked more threatening.

Kieffer Moore had a shot cleared of the line.

Cardiff are to negative in my opinion under Mick.

Second-Half: Cardiff improved but Bristol City's finshing was better and over all will be happy with an away win.

CARDIFF CITY 1 BRISTOL CITY 2 :cry: :cry:
H-T 0-1

Phillips; Morrison, Flint, Nelson; Sang, Pack, Ralls, Bagan; Giles, Moore, Bacuna.

Subs: Smithies, McGuinness, Ng, Vaulks, Colwill, Harris, Collins.

Crowd: 20,891
Away Support: 2,453

After 20 mins gone even contest so far :bluebird:

22nd min Sloppy goal to concede by Cardiff. A nothing ball over the top falls to Weimann, but Phillips' indecision to come out and snuff out the danger allows the forward a shot on goal.

He slots past the City keeper, a good finish, and it's 0-1 :cry: :cry:

Giles looked good, created a lot and most threatening.

Kieffer Moore had a shot cleared of the line.

As the away team Bristol will be happy with that.

H-T 0-1 :cry: :cry:

Bristol City started well creating a couple of good chances

59th Min GOAL! Cardiff City 1-1 Bristol City (Own goal Bentley 59)
Goal! Moore's cross is deflected home! :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

GOAL! Cardiff City 1-2 Bristol City (Weimann 71) :cry: :cry: :cry:
Goal! Weimann smacks a volley past Phillips!

Semenyo stands a ball up to the back post and it drops over Sang before Weimann, from a tight angle, hammers a volley under Phillips.

Bristol edged this game.

72nd min:

Bacuna off, Colwill on.

Sang off, Collins on.

Sean Morrison booked.

NEXT UP:

Sunday 2pm Sep 12 Nottingham Forest A Now live on Sky :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW:MY VIEW / OPINION: CARDIFF CITY'S LOCAL DERBY

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:25 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:28 pm

Need to be more positive.

5 at the back is a waste. Especially at home.

Re: MY VIEW / OPINION: CARDIFF CITY'S LOCAL DERBY

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:31 pm

A lot of those players obviously don’t know what a “derby” means. Bacuna is a disgrace wearing that 7 shirt.

Looked like we’d only met up the day before yet again a very similar display which has become the norm.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:34 pm

Moore is probably the most overrated striker in the League. Didn’t get himself into one decent scoring position. I hope we sell him! He’s slow and does not look fit. (All this Covid talk is utter bollocks)

He’s scored one at the Euros and now thinks he’s Emile Heskey. Moore spends more time on the floor than Heskey ever did.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Strange performance in my opinion,looked OK until the goal then Brissle took control,got back into it with the equaliser and fully expected us to go on and win it.
They saw the game out fairly comfortably I thought.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:A lot of those players obviously don’t know what a “derby” means. Bacuna is a disgrace wearing that 7 shirt.

Looked like we’d only met up the day before yet again a very similar display which has become the norm.

I hate Bacuna. He’s as bad as Tomlin for his attitude on the pitch. Disgrace to the club, and he’s probably our highest paid player.

Re: MY VIEW / OPINION: TODAYS CARDIFF CITY'S LOCAL DERBY

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:40 pm

Second half they had 3 on Giles & we still couldn't create much.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:41 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Need to be more positive.

5 at the back is a waste. Especially at home.

5 at the back is positive as long as the wingbacks push forward. Ours were pinned back. I think we need a quality midfield player who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:42 pm

For a team that relies on set pieces, our crossing today was piss poor.
Even from Giles, either hit far too long or failed to clear the first man.
Shocking from City against a struggling Bristol City side.
Bacuna again non existent and this 5 at the back defensive shit has gotta go.
Do we have to keep going behind to try and rescue a point.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:45 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:For a team that relies on set pieces, our crossing today was piss poor.
Even from Giles, either hit far too long or failed to clear the first man.
Shocking from City against a struggling Bristol City side.
Bacuna again non existent and this 5 at the back defensive shit has gotta go.
Do we have to keep going behind to try and rescue a point.

They had some big defenders mind and we didn’t get a massive amount of set plays as we didn’t get down their flanks enough imo

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:47 pm

I’m on holiday abroad at the moment and didn’t get chance to watch the game. I’m not too unhappy about that right now sat here by my pool and attending to my BBQ!

Joking aside, both my sons watched the game - one from abroad and one at the stadium. Reports from both are the same - pretty dire.

A long cold season ahead I think.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:55 pm

Poor result followed by not a good performance.

I don't think we will make the play offs, mid table best. The sooner it looks like that the better I feel. This result will help that.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:58 pm

Didn't think we played too badly to be honest.

Colwill needs to start for me now though

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:08 pm

Reply FB:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:09 pm

Reply Twitter:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:11 pm

Reply FB:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:12 pm

As long as MM is here we may as well get used to games like this. 5 at the back at home will become common place It gonna be another frustrating season.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:25 pm

Reply FB:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:31 pm

As I said on the match thread, it was going to be one of those days. We had way more possession & more shots but our luck was a bit thin on the ground with their keeper making a couple of good saves & a goal line clearance. Not happy we lost but we weren't as bad as some of these facebook warriors are making out.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:38 pm

Awful performance today,plan A pump the ball into the box but we couldn’t cross very well and no plan B.
Phillips at fault for first goal.Probably won’t lose any of the next four/five games but feels we are going nowhere.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:41 pm

Need to play 442 Moore on his own his a waste he looked knackered or not interested at times as had no support..... thus season we are going to miss put because I feel we wont win enough games on the bounce like 6/7... but draw far yo many... thought Morrison today was very poor ...

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:49 pm

Reply Twitter:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:54 pm

Let’s make no bones about it Bristol are a poor side. We only have one tactic which consists of passing wide to make a cross which 9/10 times is poor. McCarthy is tactically shit and when we play WBA and Fulham were in for a leathering.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:59 pm

Canton104 wrote:Let’s make no bones about it Bristol are a poor side. We only have one tactic which consists of passing wide to make a cross which 9/10 times is poor. McCarthy is tactically shit and when we play WBA and Fulham were in for a leathering.

I think your spot on. But a lot love MM HERE.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:59 pm

I can’t believe we lost that game, no killer instinct….. gutted

Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:01 pm

Game could have gone either way but for me the better side won. Quite how or why Mick McCarthy plays Bacuna in this forward role it's just beyond me. The fact that MM let that continue for 71 minutes shows his limitations as a manager as it's undeniable that we looked much better with Collins and Colwill on the field.

That's 5 points out of 9 lost at Home in games where the team has started under the handicap of Bacuna playing this forward role, the fact he is wearing the Number 7 well it just add insult to injury.

MM needs the big sit down over this in my opinion.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:09 pm

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Away Support ( 2,453)

Sunday 2pm Sep 12 Nottingham Forest A Now live on Sky :bluebird:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:16 pm

We seemed to get beat to every second ball today, going backwards instead of forward with the ball aswell. Agree with most on here, Bacuna should not be playing upfront. Changes needed to be made half time, not after going behind again.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:17 pm

Reply FB: