Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Mick McCarthy: “We lack quality / but gave everything”

Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:04 pm

We're All having a dig at Tomlin, and possibly rightly so.

I've said it before, maybe be is fit and ready to play. He's said a number of times himself he is fit if you want to believe him.

Could it possibly just be that not playing him saves the club a hell of a lot of money, and MM has been told to simply not select??

Just a thought, no Inside info, not trying to stir the pot..... it is well documented amongst many clubs that they have not played players because it will cost them too.much money.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:35 pm

Barclay1 wrote:We're All having a dig at Tomlin, and possibly rightly so.

I've said it before, maybe be is fit and ready to play. He's said a number of times himself he is fit if you want to believe him.

Could it possibly just be that not playing him saves the club a hell of a lot of money, and MM has been told to simply not select??

Just a thought, no Inside info, not trying to stir the pot..... it is well documented amongst many clubs that they have not played players because it will cost them too.much money.

Lee on nearly everything I agree with you on all your posts and rightly so :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

But I know two of our coaches and three City players well and they all say Tomlin keeps saying he is not well or just the slightest cold.
For the last 18mths he has kept taking the piss. I know that because Mick turned up last season to watch Ton play for U23’s and Tomlin sent a text a few mins before game saying not well again. Mick was fuming.

I was told Mick does not like Tomlins attitude and says he is never fully fit.

Remember Tomlin has done the same at 6 previous clubs.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:02 pm

Fair enough.... can't argue with fact.

I guess a player that wouldn't negotiate to have his contract bought out either. Will he ever play for us again?

Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:19 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Fair enough.... can't argue with fact.

I guess a player that wouldn't negotiate to have his contract bought out either. Will he ever play for us again?

Depends on his attitude and that will get better as he needs to find a new club for next season so he will play well at some stage.

Also depends on how desperate Mick becomes as their is NO financial having coming Micks way from the board.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:38 pm

Lets be honest we are a poor long ball, hoof ball side with very little quality on the ball and MM is a poor manager. I fear we will be at the bottom half this year :banghead: :bluebird: