Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mick McCarthy: “We lack quality / but gave everything”

Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:13 pm

Cardiff City boss Mick McCarthy:

"My team gave me absolutely everything but we lacked a bit of quality, that’s what we are missing quality, but we do give everything .”

"It's hard to take the defeat. We had momentum and initiative back and then conceded a goal that is tough to take, the perfect volley at the far post.

"We're going to lose games in the season and it's how you respond.

"Generally we've responded well because we've shown that willingness and spirit to work."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Mick McCarthy: “We lack quality / but gave everything”

Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:14 pm

Make your mind up MICK??

Have we quality or not???
Or are our board dictating you??

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:20 pm

To right we lacked quality but your the manager rattle dalhmans cage then
don't keep saying your happy with what you got because i
ain't.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:32 pm

The substitution’s today show how little quality/creativity we have. I really hope Colwill will make it as a player, but I personally don’t think he’s anywhere near League 1 standard at the minute let alone Championship. Every time I’ve watched him I’ve still not quite seen what Mick sees in him to be raving so much about him, he does the occasional good bit of footwork but that’s about it. And James Collins shouldn’t even be near our bench if we really do have hopes of promotion this season. And the only other attacking option on the bench was Mark Harris, who is great a putting pressure on the defence but lacks the quality and creativity we need.

Quite frankly our team is useless at creating anything apart from set pieces. And I really hate saying that, I’m normally so optimistic but this season just worries me hugely. We’ve had a decent start but we’ve not really played a good team yet, which is what worries me the most.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:35 pm

That’s an appalling statement from our neanderthal manager.
Losing is bad enough but to such an average team was avoidable.
His team selection was wrong AGAIN.
It’s time to ditch Bacuna permanently.
His other error was not bringing on his subs when he planned to ie when they were needed. Our goal was fluky and getting Harris and Colwill on then should have remained.
I’m fed up of watching the football up in the air. It’s called football
for a reason.

ps Why did he buy Collins?

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:45 pm

I presume he meant we lacked quality today during this one match and the comment is slightly lost in translation.
Just my opinion.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:51 pm

Two quality players we did have Wilson and Reid both scored in Fulham’s 3-0 win against Stoke. Wilson also has an assist.How times have changed when we beat Fulham as runners up to Wolves and also had a better record than them in the Premier League! One of our few quality players Murphy not having a look in with Mick’s hoof ball, watch him fly once he leaves us.
Sign up Steve Cooper now if we want a chance of the playoffs otherwise it’s mid table!

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:59 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:I presume he meant we lacked quality today during this one match and the comment is slightly lost in translation.
Just my opinion.

Nope he meant in the squad which is so obviously true.
He bought Collins and Wintle.
He hasn’t been able to replace Bacuna Ralls Vaulks.
The buck stops with him.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Make your mind up MICK??

Why do we lack quality? Because, I have no doubt, (my opinion only) the board interfere 100%. I've said it before and I'm gonna keep banging the drum.

MM does not decide who we sign. The committee (of which he is a part, but a silent partner no doubt) do. We sign players who are not good enough, but are cheap, cheap cheap.

If I recall, at least half of clubs in this division spent money. Stoke spent 5.5M on one player. They were hit just as hard as everyone else with COVID. Where did their money come from, cos they lost their parachute payments before we did?

Even the jacks who's finances we laugh at spent money 1M plus on Pirou.

I have no evidence, and it is not fact, but I'll air my thoughts. It would not surprise me at all if there is boardroom interference in the match day team.

Our kids are not good enough. Enough fans on this board have said this so it's not just me. If the board cannot see this then they are not football people.

It makes my blood boil. Our first five games were not the most difficult. In fact, if I had chosen the games myself, I would be hard pushed to come up with anything that could have been easier.

With the window closing in a few days, there needs to be urgent surgery.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:31 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

Why do we lack quality? Because, I have no doubt, (my opinion only) the board interfere 100%. I've said it before and I'm gonna keep banging the drum.

MM does not decide who we sign. The committee (of which he is a part, but a silent partner no doubt) do. We sign players who are not good enough, but are cheap, cheap cheap.

If I recall, at least half of clubs in this division spent money. Stoke spent 5.5M on one player. They were hit just as hard as everyone else with COVID. Where did their money come from, cos they lost their parachute payments before we did?

I have no evidence, and it is not fact, but I'll air my thoughts. It would not surprise me at all if there is boardroom interference in the match day team.

Our kids are not good enough. Enough fans on this board have said this so it's not just me. If the board cannot see this then they are not football people.

It makes my blood boil. Our first five games were not the most difficult. In fact, if I had chosen the games myself, I would be hard pushed to come up with anything that could have been easier.

We need at least three players, and we all know that we won’t even sign anyone on loan! Bacuna and Tomlin are bleeding the club dry with their wages! The fans can see everything, and now that fans are back, it won’t be long before it turns sour.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:35 pm

Yep the board picks the team tell mick who to play and what tactics we play? Not sure why mick is in dugout Dalman tan and ken should be in it as they're in charge of team apparently.. :laughing6:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:39 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

So do you give the board credit for singing Moore, Wilson and Ojo (last season), NG and Giles?

Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:52 pm

The one thing we definitely lack is a decent manager.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:03 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

So do you give the board credit for singing Moore, Wilson and Ojo (last season), NG and Giles?

Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:09 pm

Canton104 wrote:The one thing we definitely lack is a decent manager.

yeah we have all this talent and are under achieving.... or maybe its the weakest squad for years with almost no depth...

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:09 pm

Blue78 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Ill give the board credit for Moore, but it was the only permanent signing Harris was allowed to make during his tenure.

Ojo and Wilson were very decent, but did the club have to pay any wages? If not, its a no lose situation. The board may not have shelled out a bean, so fair play BUT, if that was the case, why didnt we bring them back??

the club initially got lucky with Ng who I believe was a role of the dice. Signed without Harris final say so. He is currently out of the team and by no means a show in.

Giles like Wilson and Ojo. Are we paying his wages? I dont know. If not it is not a gamble and a no lose for the board.

This season then, of the four players we got in, one has gone, one, if Moore stays, will be consigned to bit part bench aappearanes, one is currently injured, and a good loan.

Or another way, our free league 2 player is already gone, our mid table league one freebie is injured, our free striker seems to be bench material. But we got a good loan.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:08 pm

Big Mick must be smoking some herbal shit cause the amount of shite that he spouts he can’t be living in the real world

Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:22 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:23 pm

Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City boss Mick McCarthy:

"My team gave me absolutely everything but we lacked a bit of quality, that’s what we are missing quality, but we do give everything .”

"It's hard to take the defeat. We had momentum and initiative back and then conceded a goal that is tough to take, the perfect volley at the far post.

"We're going to lose games in the season and it's how you respond.

"Generally we've responded well because we've shown that willingness and spirit to work."

No shit Sherlock (Mick) :roll:

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:01 am

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:The substitution’s today show how little quality/creativity we have. I really hope Colwill will make it as a player, but I personally don’t think he’s anywhere near League 1 standard at the minute let alone Championship. Every time I’ve watched him I’ve still not quite seen what Mick sees in him to be raving so much about him, he does the occasional good bit of footwork but that’s about it. And James Collins shouldn’t even be near our bench if we really do have hopes of promotion this season. And the only other attacking option on the bench was Mark Harris, who is great a putting pressure on the defence but lacks the quality and creativity we need.

Quite frankly our team is useless at creating anything apart from set pieces. And I really hate saying that, I’m normally so optimistic but this season just worries me hugely. We’ve had a decent start but we’ve not really played a good team yet, which is what worries me the most.

think Collins should be starting.. hold the ball up well, let’s defenders know he is around, Collins and Moore should be staring , it’s the number 10 position that needs addressing, we need pace in the team.
I agree that Colwill needs a season on loan at a Div 1 club,

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:15 am

Big Mick needs to make his mind up? the other week a big squad, quality, strength in depth now this, he is now sounding like Harris.
If you become a Puppet for the Board you will end up with egg on your face and they will drop you like ton of bricks.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:17 am

Thankfully we are playing bottom of the Championship Nottingham Forest next week

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:Thankfully we are playing bottom of the Championship Nottingham Forest next week

Unfortunately Annis, this doesn't fill me with an awful lot of confidence. :banghead:

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:49 am

Reply FB:

Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:41 am

Perhaps the quality word was used to aim a dig at the board, hopefully it was.
There for all to see how lacking with creativity we are.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:48 am

fred keenor wrote:Perhaps the quality word was used to aim a dig at the board, hopefully it was.

Maybe it was a dig for Tomlin to get off his fat arse and play :old:

Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:30 pm

Replies:

Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Perhaps the quality word was used to aim a dig at the board, hopefully it was.

Maybe it was a dig for Tomlin to get off his fat arse and play :old:

Allan,

Maybe a dig at both :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:31 pm

Reply: