Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Official " Ryan Wintle "

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:32 pm

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm midfielder Ryan Wintle has joined Blackpool on loan for the remainder of the 2021/22 season.

Cardiff signed Ryan Wintle the 1st July this season on a free transfer.

City boss Mick McCarthy discussed the loan in his post match press conference on Saturday, saying: "It was a difficult one. I brought him with a view for this season but certainly now next season. Marlon and Rallsy have been great, Vaulksy played all but two or three games last year and we've also got the emergence of Sam Bowen.

"Ryan needs to be playing. He's not yet played in the Championship. So it's a good opportunity for him, with a recall in January, to get some experience with Blackpool."

We'd like to wish Ryan all the very best while away from CCS.

Re: Official " Ryan Wintle "

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:33 pm

I'm shocked and disappointed.

Only signed this summer and I thought he would be a decent player for us this season.

Didn't believe the rumours because Mick has said in recent weeks that Wintle would be more and more important as the season goes on.

Guaranteed that he has a brilliant season for Blackpool now.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:37 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I'm shocked and disappointed.

Only signed this summer and I thought he would be a decent player for us this season.

Didn't believe the rumours because Mick has said in recent weeks that Wintle would be more and more important as the season goes on.

Very disappointing but he’s not the CM the team are crying out for. He’s too similar to what we’ve already got in the middle, and we’re desperate for someone with a bit of creativity in there. Mick did say we’ve got a recall clause in January.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:37 pm

If he does he gets recalled in January.

Better to be in their team than sat on our bench or in the stands.

But bearing in mind the limitations of our midfielders I would have liked him to get a game.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:47 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:

Very disappointing but he’s not the CM the team are crying out for. He’s too similar to what we’ve already got in the middle, and we’re desperate for someone with a bit of creativity in there. Mick did say we’ve got a recall clause in January.

Did nobody realise this before he was signed?

Did anyone actually see him play before he was signed?

Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:18 pm

Another example of our managers failings.
Can’t wait for a new manager. I’d take Cooper now.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:24 pm

The club is being run into the ground. I hope to god we can get at least seven million for Moore because next season he will be worth a million quid. Whoever is behind the scenes sanctioning the transfers has no f*cking clue what we actually need.

Imagine if we had signed Bale, Mick the prick would have him playing sweeper!

Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:28 pm

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:The club is being run into the ground. I hope to god we can get at least seven million for Moore because next season he will be worth a million quid. Whoever is behind the scenes sanctioning the transfers has no f*cking clue what we actually need.

I've got to say, you're either on a deliberate wind-up or a fool of seizmic proportions... :oops:

Everything you write is either negative, derogatory and/or both

Do you have ANYTHING positive to say about ckub, players, management or any othe club-connected topic...? :roll:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:42 pm

Sven wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:The club is being run into the ground. I hope to god we can get at least seven million for Moore because next season he will be worth a million quid. Whoever is behind the scenes sanctioning the transfers has no f*cking clue what we actually need.

I've got to say, you're either on a deliberate wind-up or a fool of seizmic proportions... :oops:

Do you have ANYTHING positive to say about ckub, players, management or any othe club-connected topic...? :roll:

Not negative at all. We are shocking and letting a midfielder go is absolutely the wrong thing to do. I say it as I see it, not my fault if it offends you.

Mick tries to set up to play for the draw at home! I mean, come on! We need to be winning our home games. Five at the back just isn’t the way forward. Maybe if we would spend some money on a few decent players we would have something to get excited about. There’s money there, clubs who have had no parachute payments for years are spending.

Unless we do some urgent business in the next few days. We will be back to the Slade/Trollope days.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:02 pm

Danny Says wrote:Another example of our managers failings.
Can’t wait for a new manager. I’d take Cooper now.

Typical of the way this club is being run. Bring back Dave Jones.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:05 pm

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Not negative at all. We are shocking and letting a midfielder go is absolutely the wrong thing to do. I say it as I see it, not my fault if it offends you.

Mick tries to set up to play for the draw at home! I mean, come on! We need to be winning our home games. Five at the back just isn’t the way forward. Maybe if we would spend some money on a few decent players we would have something to get excited about. There’s money there, clubs who have had no parachute payments for years are spending.

Unless we do some urgent business in the next few days. We will be back to the Slade/Trollope days.

You don't offend me, soldier; you just disappoint me, the same as any other (proclaimed) Bluebird who has little or nothing positive to say about the club...

South Cerney? RLC at the Duke of Gloucester, if I recall...? ;) :thumbright:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:07 pm

Weird signing more wasted money by the club?

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:18 pm

Always Blue wrote:Weird signing more wasted money by the club?

We got him on a free and Blackpool probably giving us a loan fee and paying his wages so not money wasted

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:20 pm

Sven wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
Sven wrote:

You don't offend me, soldier; you just disappoint me, the same as any other (proclaimed) Bluebird who has little or nothing positive to say about the club...

Yeah I’m at DOG Barracks.

The more positive days went mate after the Dave Jones era. You’d think after the mess we were in when Ole took us down that we would have bought better players the second time around. (Premier League) to give ourselves a better chance of an instant return.

We can all see that the team isn’t playing well, and the players who are just passengers every game. It’s not negativity, it’s being brutally honest. We had a chance after the Warnock era to go and get a quality manager but we went with a cheap option. I like MM, but his style of football will drive the crowds away, just like it did with Slade.

I always try and be positive, but today the cracks were there to see. We would have played all weekend and not scored a goal. I could go on but I’m just going to watch Match of the Day and hope this season passes quickly so we can get rid of the dead wood.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:

We got him on a free and Blackpool probably giving us a loan fee and paying his wages so not money wasted

Certainly a future here, Wez; just not quite yet... :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:23 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Certainly a future here, Wez; just not quite yet... :ayatollah:

Was highly rated so could come back a better player ,hope he plays alot for Blackpool

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:31 pm

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Yeah I’m at DOG Barracks.

The more positive days went mate after the Dave Jones era. You’d think after the mess we were in when Ole took us down that we would have bought better players the second time around. (Premier League) to give ourselves a better chance of an instant return.

We can all see that the team isn’t playing well, and the players who are just passengers every game. It’s not negativity, it’s being brutally honest. We had a chance after the Warnock era to go and get a quality manager but we went with a cheap option. I like MM, but his style of football will drive the crowds away, just like it did with Slade.

I always try and be positive, but today the cracks were there to see. We would have played all weekend and not scored a goal. I could go on but I’m just going to watch Match of the Day and hope this season passes quickly so we can get rid of the dead wood.

That's fair enough and I retract a large part of my post... :thumbup:

I agree we missed a trick (maybe a lucky second chance) with the Warnock promotion and I know for a fact the club wanted to get rid of him before the season started. I liked Warnock as a character but who knows if they hadn't 'bottled' their decision?

For me, Dave Jones was the last 'exciting' manager we had playing-style and my opinion was we got rid too easily. Ironically, Vincent Tan almost re-employed him, not realising he'd sacked him originally... :lol:

Malky did the job and took us to the Premier League for the first time; but he was as culpable for his own downfall as anyone else was, which is sad because I genuinely believe hexwoukd have kept us up... :cry:

RLC a good group, fella. A cousin and several good and respected colleagues been there... :clap:

Stay safe and fingers crossed the season picks up again... :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:33 pm

A post with no spelling mistake.

Well done.

Progress.

Although he was a free transfer and I would guess his wages are being paid by Blackpool so is there money being wasted?

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:28 pm

Ned,

I just looked at what Glen Williams media Wales wrote when Wintle signed for us less than 2 moths ago, best free agent this summer etc etc

Unbelievable really as Wintle officially signed for Cardiff on 1st July hailed as a great free signing and gone less than 2mths later .

Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:02 pm

Good Luck To The Lad ;)

Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Ned,

I just looked at what Glen Williams media Wales wrote when Wintle signed for us less than 2 moths ago, best free agent this summer etc etc

Unbelievable really as Wintle officially signed for Cardiff on 1st July hailed as a great free signing and gone less than 2mths later .

Glen Williams writes what he is told, lije certain others in local media... ;)

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:36 am

When we are in a position where we will only make a couple of signings, this type of thing is unforgivable from whoever makes the decisions.

From the players perspective and maybe even longer term for us it's not a bad thing he's getting championship matches. But you know you'll only sign a few players in the summer, you need to do everything possible to make sure they are better than what you already have.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:48 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ned,

Glen Williams writes what he is told, lije certain others in local media... ;)

Chris,

Glen & Paul are both Dalmans puppets.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:11 am

wez1927 wrote:

At last some sense :clap:

Reading MM's comments this loan makes perfect sense. Better to send the player out on loan so he can play and develop rather than kicking his heals on the side lines because others are ahead of him in the pecking order.

Further the club have had the sense to include a recall clause.

Yet we still have fans moaning about club not thinking ahead :lol:

Plus as mentioned we get a loan fee and save on wages. What is there not to like?

Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:29 am

Wintle is a good signing it's just he he very similar to Ralls Pack and Vaulks. A good player but one we don't actually need. The move to Blackpooll is sensible he will get plenty of game time at Championship level. Quite honestly unless he is outstanding at Blackpool or we have an injury crisis we don't really need him back this season.

Would like to see Sam Bowen be given a chance in midfield as there is some evidence he can actually pick out a telling pass. i just hope MM doesn't stubbornly stick with Bacuna.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:38 am

Crayfish wrote:Wintle is a good signing it's just he he very similar to Ralls Pack and Vaulks. A good player but one we don't actually need. The move to Blackpooll is sensible he will get plenty of game time at Championship level. Quite honestly unless he is outstanding at Blackpool or we have an injury crisis we don't really need him back this season.

Would like to see Sam Bowen be given a chance in midfield as there is some evidence he can actually pick out a telling pass. i just hope MM doesn't stubbornly stick with Bacuna.

Great post :clap: Bacuna is not the answer to the No. 10 position.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:19 pm

I guess that Wintle was the insurance policy if Vaulks, Ralls, Pack :lol: or Bacuna had any serious interest in them.

They are all good players but all basically protectors of the centre halfs a fifth seems a bit pointless.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:57 pm

Absolutely baffling that we continue to sign players and loan them out. WTF is going on?