Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MURPHY NOT GETTING A LOOK IN

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:33 pm

Not even on the bench today is he not trying in training again i thiught he could have made a difference today giles ran at the defence with some joy and when we crossed it today moore lost nearly every challenge

Re: MURPHY NOT GETTING A LOOK IN

Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:45 pm

montyblue wrote:Not even on the bench today is he not trying in training again i thiught he could have made a difference today giles ran at the defence with some joy and when we crossed it today moore lost nearly every challenge

Another biggish earner, who seems to lack the fight!! People have a pop,and get called out on it??

Ive seen nothing from him to warrant praise in god knows how long!! Worth his fee? A massive no from me!!

Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:11 pm

Too risky to play wide imo as he’d have to cover one of our wing backs too. Try him at number 10 I’d say.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:09 pm

Well neil harris warnock and now MM don’t play him got to be Murphy himself maybe it’s his attitude?

Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:37 pm

Pretty sure he played on Tuesday.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:20 pm

Always Blue wrote:Well neil harris warnock and now MM don’t play him got to be Murphy himself maybe it’s his attitude?

Absolutely, every time we lose there are people on here saying “give Murphy a run of games” he’s had no end of chances under 3 different managers.

Each time he’s proved every time that he may look good for 2 or 3 games and then fails dismally.

We may have creativity problems but let’s finish this conversation here, Murphy is not the medium/long-term answer and never will be.

No coincidence that no other clubs are looking to take him off our hands at any price.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:21 am

Did himself no favours against Brighton unfortunately

Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:58 pm

fred keenor wrote:Did himself no favours against Brighton unfortunately

Was said on here he looked good against Brighton.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:13 pm

maccydee wrote:

He did ok tbf, but was against a 2nd string side!!

Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:23 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

A second strong premier league team is pretty decent

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:00 pm

He was never the same after his Chelsea move collapsed.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/284 ... ts-to-stay

Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:10 am

He is gutless. 10 Million what a laugh. Sell him for a pound and save his wages. That's how highly I rate him.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:43 am

maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Yes, but he should be at least every bit as good as them then?? After all, did they have an 11m player in thrir ranks? He just isnt at the races anywhere near enough, and hasnt been for at least two seasons,reason at first was he was honesick/missed his twin etc, well he doesnt show he wants it anymore, rarely breaks a smile ffs! For me, every bit as wasteful as tomlin, both talented players, who seem to kack the mental fortitude for sustained high level success in the game! Just my view.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:59 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Yes, but he should be at least every bit as good as them then?? After all, did they have an 11m player in thrir ranks? He just isnt at the races anywhere near enough, and hasnt been for at least two seasons,reason at first was he was honesick/missed his twin etc, well he doesnt show he wants it anymore, rarely breaks a smile ffs! For me, every bit as wasteful as tomlin, both talented players, who seem to kack the mental fortitude for sustained high level success in the game! Just my view.

Hes an 11m player, should be head and shoulders above ANY 2nd string!! Get gone I say!