Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Honest Assessment CCFC / Cut any bullshit

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:55 pm

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Poor result and performance yesterday.

But I do think people are getting a little carried away. We've lost one out of five league games with two wins and two draws. That puts us one point outside the top six very early on.

People may say we've played teams that aren't fancied to do well, but nobody knows how each team will do. Who at this point last season has Barnsley to be in the play-offs?

I saw some on here saying they'd bet their house on us drawing with Millwall, but they then went missing when we beat them.

It is so early still and we have made a solid, if not spectacular start.

Absolutely right though that you can't blame the manager. He was given next to nothing to spend.

He has made good signings in Giles, McGuinness and Collins. People will moan about Collins, but they'd also moan if we hadn't brought in a back-up to Moore. Collins was the best we could do with the lack of a transfer budget.

The young players have come in and done well. Last season, loads of people wanted Mick to play the young players. Now they're complaining that we're playing them too much.. Not much that Mick can do to appease those fans it seems.

Bottom line is that there's no legitimate reason to be concerned about how we've done so far.

But if people want to moan about performances all the time, or even performances that even happened yet, that's fine. That's their prerogative.

I do think some people on here seem to have an agenda where they want us to fail, just so they can say they were right with what they all said before the season started.

But what is unacceptable is people using phrases like "Mick the prick".

He is doing his job the best he can and there's absolutely no need to call him things like that, whatever you think of him.

FYI Mick the prick is something me and my mate (both season ticket holders) have called him for years. Because the way he comes across. Nothing against Mick the Prick….

We don’t all live on Twitter pretending to be a football pundit. :geek: :shock:

It's derogatory and you know it is, don't pretend otherwise.

Many people know I'm not a huge fan of Warnock but I've never called him Colin, because that would also be unnecessarily derogatory.

f*cking hell, I didn't realise having an opinion on things made me want to be a pundit :lol:

But thanks because by making a personal comment again, you've sort of proved my point :thumbright:

Cheers Dits 8-)

And again.. Thanks :lol:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:03 am

All quiet at Cardiff City this morning. Not much activity expected today, barring any last-minute drama.

That's a positive in terms of keeping players in, a negative if you're of the opinion they need to sign some!

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:All quiet at Cardiff City this morning. Not much activity expected today, barring any last-minute drama.

That's a positive in terms of keeping players in, a negative if you're of the opinion they need to sign some!

just never know .... a move out could trigger a move in .

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:40 am

skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:All quiet at Cardiff City this morning. Not much activity expected today, barring any last-minute drama.

just never know .... a move out could trigger a move in .

100% you never know what can still happen :bluebird: