Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Spoilt and Engagement

Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:52 pm

The last 10 years have been a roller coaster with cup finals, play offs, promotion and relegation.

It’s been the best time since I started supporting the City 56 years ago.

Spoilt in many ways. However what I am seeing now is utterly depressing. Yes the players try but the skill level is poor.

Passing is awful and we have an inability to beat a player wide and no creativity. Endless long ball and lumping it forward. Some are more guilty than others.

What is more depressing is that nothing will change under MM.

Yes I know he will say it’s all about winning and when we lose he will say like others before him it’s how we react. But what he doesn’t appreciate is that going to the game should be entertainment and enjoyable but that is simply not the case at present. He should also realise Malkay and Warnock endeared themselves to the fans because they SHOWED they cared. I’m sure MM does but he needs to engage with the fans. Finally how sad it is that we have no money to buy any player of quality despite being in the Premiership twice and after relegation receiving parachute payments.

Our youngsters are doing well but need time to slot in but at present we are playing too many regularly. We have wasted so much money on poor players and legal affairs and still no training ground of our own.

But most of all I want to see my team play with flair and panache and not the way we do. The fans are great and really try to get behind the team but it is so difficult when we play like we do. Still once a Bluebird always a Bluebird.

C’mon City :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Re: Spoilt and Engagement

Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:26 pm

MM was the safe bet last season. He did what he needed to and got us out of a relegation dog fight. Some of the players on our books are just not good enough for this division anymore.

Morrison, Flint, Ralls, Bacuna, the list could go on sadly. We had the chance to really go and get a manager in the summer to rebuild the side from top to bottom. Next summer is going to be horrible. We all know that VT won’t pump any more money into the playing squad. We may have to go down a division and rebuild from there. Whatever happens, I’ll still stand by my club. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:22 pm

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:MM was the safe bet last season. He did what he needed to and got us out of a relegation dog fight. Some of the players on our books are just not good enough for this division anymore.

Morrison, Flint, Ralls, Bacuna, the list could go on sadly. We had the chance to really go and get a manager in the summer to rebuild the side from top to bottom. Next summer is going to be horrible. We all know that VT won’t pump any more money into the playing squad. We may have to go down a division and rebuild from there. Whatever happens, I’ll still stand by my club. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Who would you have brought in?

And don't mention the words Eddie or Howe because we spoke to him and he had zero interest in dropping down to the Championship.

Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:24 pm

If I had to pick someone right now? Gus Poyet or Alex Neil would be the only two we could get. The team as a whole will be completely revamped next season anyway with the amount of players out of contract. But Poyet is
Not a yes man so there’s no way we will even approach him.

Do you know who was interviewed before MM was given the job? Just wanted to see what type of manager we were in for.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:03 am

What were you doing when Malky was manager then? No flair then. However we won so people went in their droves.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:20 pm

Brezza wrote:The last 10 years have been a roller coaster with cup finals, play offs, promotion and relegation.

It’s been the best time since I started supporting the City 56 years ago.

Spoilt in many ways. However what I am seeing now is utterly depressing. Yes the players try but the skill level is poor.

Passing is awful and we have an inability to beat a player wide and no creativity. Endless long ball and lumping it forward. Some are more guilty than others.

What is more depressing is that nothing will change under MM.

Yes I know he will say it’s all about winning and when we lose he will say like others before him it’s how we react. But what he doesn’t appreciate is that going to the game should be entertainment and enjoyable but that is simply not the case at present. He should also realise Malkay and Warnock endeared themselves to the fans because they SHOWED they cared. I’m sure MM does but he needs to engage with the fans. Finally how sad it is that we have no money to buy any player of quality despite being in the Premiership twice and after relegation receiving parachute payments.

Our youngsters are doing well but need time to slot in but at present we are playing too many regularly. We have wasted so much money on poor players and legal affairs and still no training ground of our own.

But most of all I want to see my team play with flair and panache and not the way we do. The fans are great and really try to get behind the team but it is so difficult when we play like we do. Still once a Bluebird always a Bluebird.

C’mon City :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Right now our club, like many others, is trying to survive both on and off the field so for me results are likely to be hit or miss this season. We ALL need a little patience in particular with our younger players who are being given their chance and as you rightly say will take time to adjust to Championship football.

In the games I have seen this season we do have players who can take on players wide, Giles is very good at doing that, so is Murphy (but Josh isn't being given game time) Sang and Bagan are also doing well in that area. But like many I see the biggest issue is the lack of creativity or guile and our transition from defending to attacking is slow and eventually and ALL to often we end up hoofing the ball forward to KM. Sadly because of our defensive shape he all to often is isolated.

We are where we are and for me we are a team in transition and it will take another couple of years of seeking out free agents to develop a squad anywhere near capable of challenging at the top of the Championship. With so many ageing high earning players out of contract at the end of this season, many if not ALL of which I can see being released next season will see a bigger challenge.

It's just under 60 years for me watching the Bluebirds so it's like another few years of the good old bad old days or until we get an owner with very very deep pockets. But I've been waiting 60 years for that so I won't hold my breath.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:45 pm

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:If I had to pick someone right now? Gus Poyet or Alex Neil would be the only two we could get. The team as a whole will be completely revamped next season anyway with the amount of players out of contract. But Poyet is
Not a yes man so there’s no way we will even approach him.

Do you know who was interviewed before MM was given the job? Just wanted to see what type of manager we were in for.

Is Mick Mccarthy or warnock a yes man then ???