Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A superstar in the making ??

Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:36 pm

Young Cian ashford from the Rhondda valleys is potentially the best player we have had at the the club since Rambo a class act what a player long way to go but miles ahead of when Ruben Colwill was his age and smaller a born talent I hope we look after him and if he wants it he will get it easily

Re: A superstar in the making ??

Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:38 pm

bootsandsaddles wrote:Young Cian ashford from the Rhondda valleys is potentially the best player we have had at the the club since Rambo a class act what a player long way to go but miles ahead of when Ruben Colwill was his age and smaller a born talent I hope we look after him and if he wants it he will get it easily

Haven't seen much of him recenty and I've been keeping a look out for the U23 games and his name hasn't featured lately. As the Club gave him a professional contract a few months ago I was beginning to wonder what had happened to him, as there hadn't been any reports of injuries and still no sign of him in the academy teams. Anyway, Annis mentioned there was an U23 game today but I didn't know what time it kicked off. By the time I tuned in there was only about 15 minutes left and much to my surprise Cian was playing. I don't know if he played the whole game, or if he came on as a substitute. But in the few minutes I saw I was very impressed by him. He seems a very intelligent player who reads the game well and seems to glide over the field, much like Ramsey did as a youngster....and he's still only 16. We have a real player on our hands here and need to look after him. As you say, if he wants it he'll get it. They showed the highlights straight after the game and he scored a lovely goal too.
And just in case people think I'm basing my opinion on a 15 minute snippet....I'm not. There's international goals on YouTube for Wales's youth teams and I've watched the highlights of loads of City U18 matches in the last couple of seasons in which he's featured. He probably needs to work on physicality to survive in the Championship but he's definitely one to look out for. :thumbup:

Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:31 pm

He has had a few niggly injuries but is pure quality size will go against him because it’s our style of football when he is involved and that will be pretty soon I believe every manager wants to say I give him his debut a special talent and good luck and keep progressing Ruben,Issack,and Kireon and all the academy kids fly high all young Bloobirds⚽️

Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:05 am

Sam Bowen too.....the future is bright. :thumbup: