Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ RUBIN COLWILL “

Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:30 pm

Rubin Colwill pens long-term City deal
:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

30/08/21

Cardiff City youngster Rubin Colwill has put pen to paper on a new deal which will keep him at the club until 2024.

The Wales international burst on to the scene back at the start of 2021, when Bluebirds manager Mick McCarthy was wowed by the forward in training.

The 19-year-old slowly integrated himself into the first-team squad at Cardiff City Stadium, before being named as a shock inclusion in Rob Page's Euro 2020 squad with Wales.

And the talented youngster has been rewarded for his meteoric rise with a contract which will see him remain at Cardiff for at least another three years.

RUBIN COLWILL:

"It's been an unbelievable year, but I'm looking forward to the future now," Colwill said after signing his contract.

"I'm going to keep working hard and I can't wait to see what is to come for me in a Cardiff City shirt!"

It is just the latest positive news story when it comes to the emergence of youth at Cardiff in recent years.

And Colwill, who spoke in Cardiff's programme notes ahead of the midweek clash with Brighton last week, believes the hungry youngsters have been given a shot in the arm over the last few months and are desperate to make their mark.

"The academy is coming through strong now and I think we're all enjoying it," Colwill said.

"We've got a lot of boys in and around the first team and we're all doing really well to try and prove ourselves to the gaffer and TC (Terry Connor).

"The whole coaching setup are working hard with us to help us move forward and assist the team as much as we can.

"It seems like there are so many of us right now just trying to make that breakthrough. And it is a group of players that have been here for a long time.

"We've grown up together and it is great that we're being trusted. It's awesome to see everybody doing so well."

Re: “ RUBIN COLWILL “

Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:05 pm

Congratulations to Rubin Colwill; a great prospect for the future and (I hate to say it) potentially 'money in tbe bank' if he progresses as we all hope

Hopefully, Rubin will achieve his Premier League dream with his current club... ;) :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:25 pm

Sven wrote:Congratulations to Rubin Colwill; a great prospect for the future and (I hate to say it) potentially 'money in tbe bank' if he progresses as we all hope

Hopefully, Rubin will achieve his Premier League dream with his current club... ;) :ayatollah:

Chris,

My view Rubin Colwill is def in our top 2 of the new lot of young players in our first team City squad.

I am with you potentially Prem League for the lad , hopefully with us :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:45 pm

Looks a good player big mick needs to drop bucuna and give this lad a run of games

Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:53 pm

wez1927 wrote:Looks a good player big mick needs to drop bucuna and give this lad a run of games

Wez,

100% with you :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:58 pm

Great news.

Talented lad and very likeable.

Nice to see his brother also doing well for city u18s.

The challenge for Mick, and dare I say he's failing at the moment, is getting these youngsters into a more positive and better Cardiff city team.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:02 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:Great news.

Talented lad and very likeable.

Nice to see his brother also doing well for city u18s.

The challenge for Mick, and dare I say he's failing at the moment, is getting these youngsters into a more positive and better Cardiff city team.

Spot on and everything in your post :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:13 pm

He really looked positive on Saturday. Wasn’t on long enough though to affect the game. Hopefully he can get a good run of games.

Imagine the scenes if he scores the winner against the Jacks. :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:15 pm

Now is the time to get in a progressive manager to take advantage of these youngsters coming in and get the best out of them?

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:36 pm

Delighted for him, and well deserved.

As said above, he has a bright future. Brilliant to see him continuing to progress by starting in the league already this season.

I do think he has the potential to be a top player and go on to play in the Premier League.

All about realising that potential now, which I'm sure he will as long as he keeps on working hard and doesn't let his success go to his head.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:52 pm

Really pleased about time we had a cardiff team made up of some welsh players
Also harris getting a chance with wales

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:22 am

This is encouraging although I don’t think we’ve seen enough from him in games to say he’s going to make it.

Clearly MM rates him and, probably more telling, the Welsh set-up has earmarked him as someone with a real chance.

I just think that over the next couple of months he needs to start influencing games rather than impressing in training.

He certainly has the physique but this next will be key for him and the club.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:23 am

piledriver64 wrote:This is encouraging although I don’t think we’ve seen enough from him in games to say he’s going to make it.

Clearly MM rates him and, probably more telling, the Welsh set-up has earmarked him as someone with a real chance.

I just think that over the next couple of months he needs to start influencing games rather than impressing in training.

Totally agree with you As yet i have seen nothing in a first team match that says we have a special player In fact the few times he has been on this year i think he has been average and Sang and Bagan have impressed me more He does seem to have a nice touch but looks to lack any great pace and get pushed off the ball easily Getting pushed off the ball will reduce as he gets stronger
Yet to be convinced from what i have seen but there is something there

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:25 am

Abergavenny wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:This is encouraging although I don’t think we’ve seen enough from him in games to say he’s going to make it.

Totally agree with you As yet i have seen nothing in a first team match that says we have a special player In fact the few times he has been on this year i think he has been average and Sang and Bagan have impressed me more He does seem to have a nice touch but looks to lack any great pace and get pushed off the ball easily Getting pushed off the ball will reduce as he gets stronger
Yet to be convinced from what i have seen but there is something there

I just think he needs a bit of time to adjust to championship football. Hopefully he will be given it. He's not getting as much time on the ball as he is used to and therefore, on occasions, he is often being dispossessed quite quickly, but I think he will learn and quickly adapt. He may get some game time with Wales, particularly in the friendly v Finland. Looking forward to watching his progress

Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:46 pm

How good is this kid. Anybody seen him in the youth. Seems to have a lot of hype heaped on him.