Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY TOPIC "

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:44 pm

Liverpool are in talks with two unnamed Championship clubs regarding a loan deal for winger Sheyi Ojo,

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:49 pm

Igovernor wrote:Liverpool are in talks with two unnamed Championship clubs regarding a loan deal for winger Sheyi Ojo,

Would love to have him back - here’s hoping.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:29 pm

skidemin wrote:havent seen it mentioned on here but Ethan Ampadu gone on loan to Venice....

someone id have liked to see here...

Good move for him.

Nice place to live as well.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:30 pm

Igovernor wrote:Liverpool are in talks with two unnamed Championship clubs regarding a loan deal for winger Sheyi Ojo,

Is this the winger you're suggesting?

Would be very happy to have him rejoin us.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:34 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Would be very happy to have him rejoin us.[/quote
Ned it was the one, but apparently the two clubs are preston and millwall, but never say never :thumbup: :lol:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:40 pm

Igovernor wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Would be very happy to have him rejoin us.[/quote
Ned it was the one, but apparently the two clubs are preston and millwall, but never say never :thumbup: :lol:

That's the hope gone then :lol:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:56 pm

Sheyi Ojo has signed for Millwall on loan

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:57 pm

Just got a call from a Preston fan and they reckon Josh Murphy is going there on loan.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:03 pm

The transfer window is now CLOSED.

Some deals may have been done before the 11pm deadline but not announced.

Also if deal sheets are submitted before 11pm, clubs will be given an extra two hours to complete a transfer.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:17 pm

Fair play, most underwhelming transfer window in living memory made only better by Kieffer staying....but lets be honest if Wolves had bid enough he would be off and we still wouldn't have signed anyone to replace him. Nice one Mick.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:21 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:Fair play, most underwhelming transfer window in living memory made only better by Kieffer staying....but lets be honest if Wolves had bid enough he would be off and we still wouldn't have signed anyone to replace him. Nice one Mick.

yes we probably would have sold him for the right price but i dont think Mick is in charge of finances and can just go out there bidding on players..

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:28 pm

skidemin wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:Fair play, most underwhelming transfer window in living memory made only better by Kieffer staying....but lets be honest if Wolves had bid enough he would be off and we still wouldn't have signed anyone to replace him. Nice one Mick.

yes we probably would have sold him for the right price but i dont think Mick is in charge of finances and can just go out there bidding on players..

Yeah I get that but just don't think he seems to be pushing for signings either. I may be wrong but just don't get the feeling he really gives a toss to be honest. Maybe thats just him or maybe he has been around a long time and is nearing the end of his management years and has lost his enthusiasm but at the moment he is making Dave Jones look like Mr Charisma.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:33 pm

Chelsea are still hoping to complete the loan signing of Saul Niguez.

But there is an issue.

The Spanish Online Player Registration System has suffered a WiFi issue and is currently down.

This is also having an impact on Antoine Griezmann's loan move from Barcelona to Atletico Madrid.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:42 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yeah I get that but just don't think he seems to be pushing for signings either. I may be wrong but just don't get the feeling he really gives a toss to be honest. Maybe thats just him or maybe he has been around a long time and is nearing the end of his management years and has lost his enthusiasm but at the moment he is making Dave Jones look like Mr Charisma.

i just dont think its the same job that its been for the last half a dozen managers..... its just downgrade cut back and do the best you can...not unlike what he did at Ipswich.... Dalman hasnt even attempted his yearly play offs minimum spiel this term.... so cant imagine there is a great deal for him to enthuse about really , he knows there is going to be a certain amount of expectation from us lot and also that its a thin on the ground squad that he has been given very little leeway with....and tbh is going to be getting a lot of flack for....
personally im massively disappointed as i though fact we would bring in 2 or 3 free or loan signings and to be frank dont think he has been given a fighting chance....

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:54 pm

skidemin wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i just dont think its the same job that its been for the last half a dozen managers..... its just downgrade cut back and do the best you can...not unlike what he did at Ipswich.... Dalman hasnt even attempted his yearly play offs minimum spiel this term.... so cant imagine there is a great deal for him to enthuse about really , he knows there is going to be a certain amount of expectation from us lot and also that its a thin on the ground squad that he has been given very little leeway with....and tbh is going to be getting a lot of flack for....
personally im massively disappointed as i though fact we would bring in 2 or 3 free or loan signings and to be frank dont think he has been given a fighting chance....

I don't recall any manager since OGS being given 'lots' of money to spend, except maybe (and only maybe) Neil Warnock once he gained promotion

We'll forget Paul Trollope but certainly Russell Slade was on a tight budget, as was Neil Harris

This club has been on 'tie down' ever since the current (temporary) owner sacked OGS and then reverted to blue, so your statement doesn't make accurate reading...

Another example of 'making the statement fit the mood' whether factual or not... :roll:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:54 pm

skidemin wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yeah likewise its the lack of using the loan market that has annoyed me. Not sure if that is down to Dalman etc or whether Mick just doesn't like loans, I know he has brought in Giles and look at his impact so its madness to not try and look for more fringe players from PL teams who could do a job for us. He is stripping all of our attacking players from the squad to play his dull style, and his lack of enthusiasm must rub off on the players too. Who would want to come here under him? Ah well, on the plus side at least Kieffer is still here for now.

Re: " ALL OF THE BIG DEADLINE DAY TRANSFERS "

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:11 pm

All of the big Deadline Day Transfers are below.

Included a few EFL transfers.

ALL OF THE BIG DEADLINE DAY TRANSFERS

Cristiano Ronaldo - Juventus to Man Utd - £18m+

Dan James - Man Utd to Leeds - £28m

Nikola Vlasic - CSKA Moscow to West Ham - £26m+

Emerson Royal - Barcelona to Spurs - £25m

Takehiro Tomiyasu - Bologna to Arsenal - £18m

Marc Cucurella - Getafe to Brighton - £15m+

Abdallah Sima - Slavia Prague to Brighton - £15m+

Odsonne Edouard - Celtic to Crystal Palace - £15m

Ryan Christie - Celtic to Bournemouth - £2.5m

Connor Roberts - Swansea to Burnley - £2m