Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ALL OF THE BIG DEADLINE DAY TRANSFERS "

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:00 pm

All of the big Deadline Day Transfers are below.

Included a few EFL transfers.

ALL OF THE BIG DEADLINE DAY TRANSFERS

Cristiano Ronaldo - Juventus to Man Utd - £18m+

Dan James - Man Utd to Leeds - £28m

Nikola Vlasic - CSKA Moscow to West Ham - £26m+

Emerson Royal - Barcelona to Spurs - £25m

Takehiro Tomiyasu - Bologna to Arsenal - £18m

Marc Cucurella - Getafe to Brighton - £15m+

Abdallah Sima - Slavia Prague to Brighton - £15m+

Odsonne Edouard - Celtic to Crystal Palace - £15m

Ryan Christie - Celtic to Bournemouth - £2.5m

Connor Roberts - Swansea to Burnley - £2m

Michael Obafemi - Southampton to Swansea - £2m

Jamal Lowe - Swansea to Bournemouth - £1.5m

Salomon Rodon - Dalian Professional to Everton - Free

Joe Bennett - Unattached to Wigan - Free

Saul Niguez - Atletico Madrid to Chelsea - Loan

Ademola Lookman - RB Leipzig to Leicester - Loan

Alex Kral - Slavia Prague to West Ham - Loan

Santiago Munoz - Santos Laguna to Newcastle - Loan

Moise Kean - Everton to Juventus - Loan

Antoine Griezmann - Barcelona to Atletico Madrid - Loan

Ethan Ampadu - Chelsea to Venezia - Loan

Josh Murphy - Cardiff to Preston - Loan

Sheyi Ojo - Liverpool to Millwall - Loan

Robin Olsen - Roma to Sheffield United - Loan

Abdallah Sima - Brighton to Stoke - Loan

Rhys Williams - Liverpool to Swansea - Loan

Andre Gray - Watford to QPR - Loan

Morgan Gibbs-White - Wolves to Sheffield United - Loan

Re: " TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY TOPIC "

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:21 pm

The anticipation is killing me as to why we are going to sighn? :laughing6:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:The anticipation is killing me as to why we are going to sighn? :laughing6:

Not going to be an interesting day for us :lol:

Will be interesting to see what else goes on though.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:36 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:The anticipation is killing me as to why we are going to sighn? :laughing6:

Roger will be taking a holiday from this forum if we dont sign anyone? :laughing5:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:18 pm

With Tomlin Not playing we should be looking to bring someone in to replace him as unlikely he will feature much . Single gone on loan so the board should back MM with at least one DD signing

Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:35 pm

Stef_CardiffBlue wrote:With Tomlin Not playing we should be looking to bring someone in to replace him as unlikely he will feature much . Single gone on loan so the board should back MM with at least one DD signing

Tomlin may be sitting on his arse filling his face but he is still costing the club thousands of pounds in wages every week.

Even if we didn't have to pay a loan fee to borrow a decent player we'd certainly have to pay a hefty percentage of the wages and as it appears we don't have a pot to piss in that's not going to happen.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Roger will be taking a holiday from this forum if we dont sign anyone? :laughing5:

Not really; it was alluded to that at least one of the players 'lined up' was depenant on player(s) moving out and if the one player mentioned to me (unconfirmed) was correct, then it's a huge shame but I'll be mighty glad/relieved that the current player looks likely to remain a Bluebird :bluebird:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:54 pm

davids wrote:
Stef_CardiffBlue wrote:With Tomlin Not playing we should be looking to bring someone in to replace him as unlikely he will feature much . Single gone on loan so the board should back MM with at least one DD signing

Tomlin may be sitting on his arse filling his face but he is still costing the club thousands of pounds in wages every week.

Even if we didn't have to pay a loan fee to borrow a decent player we'd certainly have to pay a hefty percentage of the wages and as it appears we don't have a pot to piss in that's not going to happen.

Totally agree with your response on Tomlins wages . Hopefully he doesn’t earn a new contract with the amount of games he ha played b his time with city. With players going last season like glatzel, Hoilett Wilson Bamba we should have brought in a player with championship experience to play in the wings instead of bringing in a free transfer and shipping him out to Blackpool. Poor transfer business . Questions are being asked about Josh Murphy he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he could have made a difference on the weekend but not even in the MatchDay squad . I do feel the board just don’t give a toss about us fans which is not the way a football club should be run :banghead:

Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:21 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Not really; it was alluded to that at least one of the players 'lined up' was depenant on player(s) moving out and if the one player mentioned to me (unconfirmed) was correct, then it's a huge shame but I'll be mighty glad/relieved that the current player looks likely to remain a Bluebird :bluebird:

Chris Another story of what might have been, guessing from your remarks this player could make difference between top 6 or mid table? Shame dont have a couple of extra quid to get him without losing an obvious asset of ours.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:35 pm

Bet my house on us signing a loanee out of nowhere

Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:54 pm

Swansea and Wales full-back Connor Roberts close to signing for Burnley...

Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:06 am

Sven wrote:Swansea and Wales full-back Connor Roberts close to signing for Burnley...

Decent move for him.

Sean Dyche is a very good manager and Roberts will learn a lot by working with him. That can only be good for Wales.

I heard Dyche say something interesting before. He said that before he signs a player, he gets in touch with some of their teachers from school if he can and coaches they've had throughout their career. Speaks to their family as well. Said if they showed a bad attitude before or changed for the worse when they got a big contract, then they'll probably show bad attitude again and he won't sign them because he doesn't want bad characters in his team.

Roberts will be another huge loss to Swansea.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:31 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:Swansea and Wales full-back Connor Roberts close to signing for Burnley...

Decent move for him.

Sean Dyche is a very good manager and Roberts will learn a lot by working with him. That can only be good for Wales.

I heard Dyche say something interesting before. He said that before he signs a player, he gets in touch with some of their teachers from school if he can and coaches they've had throughout their career. Speaks to their family as well. Said if they showed a bad attitude before or changed for the worse when they got a big contract, then they'll probably show bad attitude again and he won't sign them because he doesn't want bad characters in his team.

Roberts will be another huge loss to Swansea.

That's interesting on Sean Dyche (he nearly came here with Malky) and he will make Connor Roberts a better player for Burnley and for Wales :clap:

His loss for the ailing Swans will be felt hard, as they are already struggling at the back; and the possibility of at least one (maybe two) senior players going out today is not beyond the pale...

It's going to be a tough season for them... :wave:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:44 am

Done deal!

Roland Idowu has joined Bohemians, subject to international clearance.

The 19-year-old was released by the Bluebirds at the end of last season after an 11-month stay in the Welsh capital.

Bohs boss Keith Long said: “I am delighted to capture the signature of Roland.

“He is a talented player with a good pedigree and will be a very good addition to our squad.

“We are very much looking forward to working with Roland, and are excited about the potential he can bring to the team.

“At 19 years of age, he is a very level-headed young lad, who is very keen to play for the club and showcase his talents.”

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:08 am

Wouldnt be surprised to see Grimes go as well seeing as a bid was put in even though it was rejected..

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:18 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Wouldnt be surprised to see Grimes go as well seeing as a bid was put in even though it was rejected..

They're losing Jamal Lowe as well, he's going to Bournemouth.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:26 am

I always look forward to transfer deadline day but this window has been something of a damp squid as far as Cardiff is concerned. It's not as if the transfer door is closed at Cardiff but it seems it's ajar to allow players to leave. I hope tomorrow morning we are not reflecting on a flurry of activity at other Championship clubs which makes them stronger and us weaker in comparison.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:31 am

Kenneth Zohore free to go

West Bromwich Albion are trying to offload Kenneth Zohore, just two years after signing him for £8m from Cardiff City.

Albion are looking to get Zohore off their books, according to BirminghamLive, with the player having failed to impress new manager Valerien Ismael.

Zohore is available on a free transfer, Albion just want to offload the striker.

Zohore scored five goals in 23 games for the Baggies.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:34 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Losing seems to be the theme down west lately...! :occasion5: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:38 am

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Losing seems to be the theme down west lately...! :occasion5: :ayatollah:

:lol: :thumbright:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:40 am

It's now official that Cristiano Ronaldo has returned to Manchester United.

Manchester United is delighted to confirm the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo on a two-year contract with the option to extend for a further year, subject to international clearance.

Cristiano, a five-time Ballon D’or winner, has so far won over 30 major trophies during his career, including five UEFA Champions League titles, four FIFA Club World Cups, seven league titles in England, Spain and Italy, and the UEFA European Championship for his native Portugal. Cristiano is the first player to win leagues in three different countries, he was also the highest goalscorer in last season’s Serie A and won the golden boot at this year’s European Championship. In his first spell for Manchester United, he scored 118 goals in 292 games.

Cristiano Ronaldo said:

“Manchester United is a club that has always had a special place in my heart, and I have been overwhelmed by all the messages I have received since the announcement on Friday. I cannot wait to play at Old Trafford in front of a full stadium and see all the fans again. I'm looking forward to joining up with the team after the international games, and I hope we have a very successful season ahead.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said:

“You run out of words to describe Cristiano. He is not only a marvellous player, but also a great human being. To have the desire and the ability to play at the top level for such a long period requires a very special person. I have no doubt that he will continue to impress us all and his experience will be so vital for the younger players in the squad. Ronaldo’s return demonstrates the unique appeal of this club and I am absolutely delighted he is coming home to where it all started.”

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:16 am

Dan James is having a medical at Leeds United ahead of a £30m move from Manchester United.

James famously agreed personal terms and passed a medical with the Yorkshire club on Deadline Day in January 2019 but the deal fell through when his team at the time, Swansea City, failed to agree a fee with Leeds. The blame was placed on Swansea for delaying right up until the last minute.

James went on to sign for Manchester United in the summer of 2019.

But now it looks like Marcelo Bielsa will finally sign James.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:16 am

Leeds United are closing in on a club record £30m deal to sign Manchester United winger Daniel James

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:29 am

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Allen no chance of me taking a holiday, :lol: I believe what I have been told, if it does not work out C'est la vie, my shoulders are broad :lol:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:54 am

Arsenal are trying to resolve Ainsley Maitland-Niles' situation.

He publicly stated his frustration on Instagram yesterday, after Arsenal refused him the opportunity to go to Everton. He has since been told he will no longer be training with the first team.

Everton are still hopeful they can sign him.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:56 am

Leicester are on the verge of bringing in Ademola Lookman on loan from RB Leipzig.

Lookman impressed while on loan at Fulham last season.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:58 am

Tottenham expect to complete a €30m deal to bring in right back Emerson Royal from Barcelona.

Personal terms have been agreed with just a medical and visa left to be completed.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:01 am

All quiet at Cardiff City this morning. Not much activity expected today, barring any last-minute drama.

That's a positive in terms of keeping players in, a negative if you're of the opinion they need to sign some!

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:36 am

Brighton have completed the signing of Marc Cucurella from Getafe for over £15m.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:39 am

Barcelona are trying to sign Edison Cavani from Man Utd.