Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO OF THE MM LOVERS

Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:18 pm

You still feeling the love?

5 games in and ok we ain't in a bad position but there's a long long way to go.

The football we play is appalling, our top scorer is our centre half but if your happy and believe then good luck.

I will stick to what I said a long time ago, but Mick didnt deserve a contract renewal until the seasons end.

Now it's a new season Big Micks had his contract and the football is appalling unless you beg to differ

Re: FAO OF THE MM LOVERS

Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:30 pm

I don't think anyone is a MM lover.

He's doing an OK job.

But it's also fair to give a manager a chance and not sack him after five games. Particularly having only lost one league games.

The reality is it's a results business and performances come second. We could play free flowing football but be struggling for results and the manager would be gone.

If we get a manager who plays attractive football and keep us around the top six, he won't be with us for long. At this level, it's very rare that you can have a manager who gets results and play attractive football.

The last manager we had who played attractive football was Dave Jones. He failed to get us promoted when he should have done.

People do have selective memories. Our style of football under Malky and Warnock wasn't attractive but they both got us promoted.

If we play like this but don't get the results, Mick will quite rightly lose his job. But that's not what's happening.

I would much rather us play like this and get results than play attractive football and lose every week.

Just look at Arteta at Arsenal. Their fans want him gone, yet their style of play is free flowing.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:16 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I don't think anyone is a MM lover.

He's doing an OK job.

But it's also fair to give a manager a chance and not sack him after five games. Particularly having only lost one league games.

The reality is it's a results business and performances come second. We could play free flowing football but be struggling for results and the manager would be gone.

If we get a manager who plays attractive football and keep us around the top six, he won't be with us for long. At this level, it's very rare that you can have a manager who gets results and play attractive football.

The last manager we had who played attractive football was Dave Jones. He failed to get us promoted when he should have done.

People do have selective memories. Our style of football under Malky and Warnock wasn't attractive but they both got us promoted.

If we play like this but don't get the results, Mick will quite rightly lose his job. But that's not what's happening.

I would much rather us play like this and get results than play attractive football and lose every week.

Just look at Arteta at Arsenal. Their fans want him gone, yet their style of play is free flowing.

Slade did an ok job for us, was there fans crying out to keep him.

The football under Big Mick is appalling and we are awful at times.

But hey ho if your happy then so be it crack on Big Mick :laughing6: :laughing6:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:03 am

nobby wrote:You still feeling the love?

The football we play is appalling, our top scorer is our centre half but if your happy and believe then good luck.

I will stick to what I said a long time ago, but Mick didnt deserve a contract renewal until the seasons end.

Now it's a new season Big Micks had his contract and the football is appalling unless you beg to differ

this notion with some that what your squad looks like , and what the budget is makes no difference is clean off.....

no. its not a love in its accepting he has had no leeway and its now a different job with different objectives

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:07 am

For attention of of.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:21 am

maccydee wrote:For attention of of.

MM LOVERS.. people that would like him to do well ?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:13 am

Sounds like you want us to fail just to say I told you so which is pathetic.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:27 am

Not a lover of MM but like others said he is doing a job and we will be there or there abouts with playoffs. Just look at the Jacks if you want to see what can happen if you switch from a safe style to try and play fast flowing passing football without the right players.
My only concern with MM is that we now have the best group of youngsters coming through that I have seen, and even the next batch like Cian Ashford look promising. Whilst MM is keep us steady in the league do we really want him in charge of bringing these young talented players through? Is he the one to develop them to their potential? Its a tough one to call but I agree the football is generally poor to watch despite the odd glimpse of good football thrown in to tease us like early on v Bristol City.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:33 am

Sorry for the mistake teacher I wont do it again

Be consistent to and pick the bones out of everyone else's spelling etc because theres plenty of errors in here on a daily basis

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:36 am

wez1927 wrote:

No I dont want us to fail, but I am allowed an opinion and I ain't a MM fan at all

Freedom of speech and all that, but if you say something on here lately you get hounded for it

No wonder I rarely ever post anymore

Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:06 pm

nobby wrote:

Sorry for the mistake teacher I wont do it again

Be consistent to and pick the bones out of everyone else's spelling etc because theres plenty of errors in here on a daily basis

It wasn’t spelling as such it was a double use of of. Like what I did there in a way.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:25 pm

nobby wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

No I dont want us to fail, but I am allowed an opinion and I ain't a MM fan at all

Freedom of speech and all that, but if you say something on here lately you get hounded for it

freedom of speech goes both ways remember that hence what I wrote ,your post is full of I told you so .

Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:49 pm

MM was brought in to bring in the Academy players and that is what he is doing.

Anything good after that is a bonus.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:02 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:Not a lover of MM but like others said he is doing a job and we will be there or there abouts with playoffs. Just look at the Jacks if you want to see what can happen if you switch from a safe style to try and play fast flowing passing football without the right players.
My only concern with MM is that we now have the best group of youngsters coming through that I have seen, and even the next batch like Cian Ashford look promising. Whilst MM is keep us steady in the league do we really want him in charge of bringing these young talented players through? Is he the one to develop them to their potential? Its a tough one to call but I agree the football is generally poor to watch despite the odd glimpse of good football thrown in to tease us like early on v Bristol City.

are they the best group of youngsters or are they just getting an opportunity because we have no money.. we are not having offers for any of them and tbh prior to very recently few were picking up Wales age group caps..... jury out ...but it seems some are already lining MM up for the blame if this group turn out to be the same as every other group this last decade or so.....

Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:33 pm

nobby wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I don't think anyone is a MM lover.

He's doing an OK job.

Slade did an ok job for us, was there fans crying out to keep him.

The football under Big Mick is appalling and we are awful at times.

But hey ho if your happy then so be it crack on Big Mick :laughing6: :laughing6:

how can you begin to compare Slade with MM... the situation couldnt be further apart....Slade walked into a club rammed with newly assembled high earners... where as Mick is being asked to work with kids and lower league free transfers... its not like for like at all...

Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:MM was brought in to bring in the Academy players and that is what he is doing.

Anything good after that is a bonus.

Tend to agree and tbf hes doing a good job at it .

Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:10 pm

skidemin wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:Not a lover of MM but like others said he is doing a job and we will be there or there abouts with playoffs. Just look at the Jacks if you want to see what can happen if you switch from a safe style to try and play fast flowing passing football without the right players.

are they the best group of youngsters or are they just getting an opportunity because we have no money.. we are not having offers for any of them and tbh prior to very recently few were picking up Wales age group caps..... jury out ...but it seems some are already lining MM up for the blame if this group turn out to be the same as every other group this last decade or so.....

I would say they are the best yeah, can you name me a better group of players? We have had individual players like Earnie and Rambo but who else? The U23's and U18's both look decent and I won't blame MM if they don't make it but my point is his style of football isn't good for developing them and we need to develop them even if it is to sell them on for a profit as thats the only way of progressing.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:34 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I would say they are the best yeah, can you name me a better group of players? We have had individual players like Earnie and Rambo but who else? The U23's and U18's both look decent and I won't blame MM if they don't make it but my point is his style of football isn't good for developing them and we need to develop them even if it is to sell them on for a profit as thats the only way of progressing.

no i cant name because it didnt happen for them which is my whole point...... all this selling them before they have even proven they are anything like good enough is really putting the cart before the horse.... reality is if 2 of these become regular championship players for ourselves we will have done well....

Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:49 pm

skidemin wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:
skidemin wrote:

no i cant name because it didnt happen for them which is my whole point...... all this selling them before they have even proven they are anything like good enough is really putting the cart before the horse.... reality is if 2 of these become regular championship players for ourselves we will have done well....

Yeah agreed and they won't all make the grade I have no doubt about that. But a few of them have more potential than the U23's and U18's previously over the past 10yrs or so and there is no reason they can't go on to do well for us and make us a profit. Colwill, Zimba, Patten, Evans, Bowen, Ashdown....these seem to be the pick of the crop and from what I have read so its time to stop with the negativity.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:02 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Yeah agreed and they won't all make the grade I have no doubt about that. But a few of them have more potential than the U23's and U18's previously over the past 10yrs or so and there is no reason they can't go on to do well for us and make us a profit. Colwill, Zimba, Patten, Evans, Bowen, Ashdown....these seem to be the pick of the crop and from what I have read so its time to stop with the negativity.

is not negativity or certainly not for the hell of it... .... just reality... and for all the bigging up all the players youve named have been playing regular academy football infront of coaches and scouts from other teams.... no such thing as unearthed gems they are there for all to see and i cant help thinking if these boys were half as good as some people think they would be getting poached / bought or at least be attracting serious interest from the bigger cat1 academies....

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:04 pm

It depends on the definition of appalling football I suppose as there are styles that revolve around less of a passing game and those that naturally lean towards physical aspects, such as height. With the height advantage in the team, MM would be silly not to use it as a focal point. Likewise, I don’t think MM can rely on just the technical and passing ability of the current squad to reach the playoffs (they’d probably be bottom half), so to achieve that objective, has to do things differently. Fight fire with water, as opposed to fire.

It might not be everyone’s preferred approach, but personally I love watching the physical aspect of the game. If it was all about ability, I wouldn’t be watching Cardiff City, I’d watch Barcelona from my living room.

I’d hasten to add that if our centre half finished the season on 20-goals, why does it matter who scores?

I’ll reserve judgement after only 5-games, especially as it’s been difficult for the manager due to post Covid finances and the fact that many players had a couple of seasons on lucrative contracts when he arrived. You can’t just release them without paying compensation and there’s hardly a rush of teams after them, which in turn has impacted his ability to sign new players.

I’m happy to continue with the “get into um” approach and physically dominate our way into the playoffs. :thumbup:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:08 pm

He’s honest. He cares. He’s a character. He’s got a sense of humour.
But he’s not taking our club anywhere.
The club needs a good old root and branch cheat out in the summer and try to adopt the Brighton blueprint.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:21 pm

skidemin wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:
skidemin wrote:

is not negativity or certainly not for the hell of it... .... just reality... and for all the bigging up all the players youve named have been playing regular academy football infront of coaches and scouts from other teams.... no such thing as unearthed gems they are there for all to see and i cant help thinking if these boys were half as good as some people think they would be getting poached / bought or at least be attracting serious interest from the bigger cat1 academies....

Well there was Cameron Coxe and Man City…..

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:25 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Well there was Cameron Coxe and Man City…..

hmmm.... sort of my point ,although i dont think the interest was serious....

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:52 am

MM
Warnock
Slade
Trollope
Ole

They all did their best - some achieved - some didnt

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:25 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:MM
Warnock
Slade
Trollope
Ole

Ironic thing is that Trollope was and was doing exactly what so many on here wanted.

He was hounded out for poor results.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:02 am

maccydee wrote:
ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:MM
Warnock
Slade
Trollope
Ole

Ironic thing is that Trollope was and was doing exactly what so many on here wanted.

He was hounded out for poor results.

Because he did a terrible job of it. Just because he did it poorly doesnt mean another manager couldn't succeed. Harris played 5 at the back and it was a disaster. Mick did it and it transformed the team for the better.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:17 pm

nobby wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

For goodness sake :banghead: Freedom of speech applies to everyone not just you and Wez is allowed his opinion of your post :roll:

Being told that your opinion is wrong and that you seem have an agenda (which I agree with) is not being 'hounded' its called being straight and honest.

That fact you seem to have such a thin skin is more likely to be the reason why you don't post much anymore.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:33 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
nobby wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

For goodness sake :banghead: Freedom of speech applies to everyone not just you and Wez is allowed his opinion of your post :roll:

Being told that your opinion is wrong and that you seem have an agenda (which I agree with) is not being 'hounded' its called being straight and honest.

That fact you seem to have such a thin skin is more likely to be the reason why you don't post much anymore.

Right let's nip this in the bud.

Ii ain't a Mick Mcarthy fan,never have and never will, that's my opinion.

Obviously people will have their own opinion and I dont disagree with that at all, they're all entitled to that and i respect that.

As for thin skin, you dont know me to judge me.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:41 pm

nobby wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
nobby wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Right let's nip this in the bud.

Ii ain't a Mick Mcarthy fan,never have and never will, that's my opinion.

Obviously people will have their own opinion and I dont disagree with that at all, they're all entitled to that and i respect that.

As for thin skin, you dont know me to judge me.

For attention of of Nobby.

I agree with Tony.

End of post.