Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

9 home games without a clean sheet

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:49 am

I was reading this, we need clean sheets to build on.

Over the end of last season and the start of this, 9 successive sides have breached the Cardiff City home defence. The last time we saw this was 11 successive games in 2016, with the Paul Trollope era in the middle of it. There are only 16 occasions in our history where we've conceded in 9 or more successive games. Prior to that we conceded in 10 successive home games in the first part of the 2001/02 season.

Our worst run was 17 games without a home clean sheet in 1936/37.

Re: 9 home games without a clean sheet

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:37 am

Always City wrote:I was reading this, we need clean sheets to build on.

Over the end of last season and the start of this, 9 successive sides have breached the Cardiff City home defence. The last time we saw this was 11 successive games in 2016, with the Paul Trollope era in the middle of it. There are only 16 occasions in our history where we've conceded in 9 or more successive games. Prior to that we conceded in 10 successive home games in the first part of the 2001/02 season.

Only 8 games to go for you to (smugly) make your point, fella... :|

You're one Negativo and a half...! :oops:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:10 am

Sven wrote:

How many have we lost in that run?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

3 wins, 3 draws , 3 defeats...

How many have we lost in that run?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:49 pm

Not too fussed with stuff like this. What happened last season is an irrelevance now. The Defending for our two home games so far has not been great and there's a lot to work on, but 9 games might just as well be 2 for all it matters.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:40 pm

Sven wrote:

No spelling mistakes though.

He’s coming on leaps and bounds.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:14 pm

Pretty shocking considering over half our team are defensive!

Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:32 pm

Sven wrote:

i dont think it makes a point { unless there is an agenda } even if we break the record....its results are what is important ...you can always break stats down to look good or bad.... so here is one... we finished bottom one season with the 2nd least goals conceded...we conceded 3 goals less than the team that won the title :shock: