Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: LEE TOMLIN VERBALLY ACCUSES HIS OWN BOSS MICK McCARTHY

Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:29 pm

maccydee wrote:
montyblue wrote:No good waiting in the hope he gets fit sign someone now in mid field never has been a bluebird lets be honest never played for the shirt the fans and now the manager just for himself
Not what we need .

He 100% played for the shirt as it came to the end of that season under Harris. Practically dragged us to the playoffs single handedly.

However he’s done nothing since.

Was that the season he got a nice new contract and splashed the signing bonus on a lambo?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:33 pm

maccydee wrote:
montyblue wrote:No good waiting in the hope he gets fit sign someone now in mid field never has been a bluebird lets be honest never played for the shirt the fans and now the manager just for himself
Not what we need .

He 100% played for the shirt as it came to the end of that season under Harris. Practically dragged us to the playoffs single handedly.

I agree with that I have always thought he gives what he has whenever he is on the pitch. Harris played him straight away despite Warnock constantly saying he wasn't fit and I think he very nearly took us to the playoff final. When he got injured in the playoff semi final the club should have made sure he had the surgery he clearly needed straight away but waiting 3 months pretty much wrote off last season for him.

Tomlin is a bit of a maverick type player and managers like NW & MM don't know what to do with them but even now Dave Jones would play Tomlin from the start 75% fit or not.

It's not ALL down to Tomlin here and sadly there are no winners in ALL this.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:38 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:He's posted this today...

"Extras on a day off"

So Tomlin is posting about doing extra training, while telling the physio and club doctor he is ill?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:40 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Not what we need .

Was that the season he got a nice new contract and splashed the signing bonus on a lambo?

That’s it Paulh.

Tomlin has done the same at sux previous clubs and always says I will give it a new go, sorry , I was going through bad times etc etc ( just search ).

He is class but that’s once every few yrs and his fault.

He will come good again as once again he needs a new contract, but thankfully it won’t be here as we have learnt a very costly lesson.

30 plus starts in 4 yrs their the facts .

6 different clubs he left with the same old bullshit after promising them all the same .

Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:50 pm

castleblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Not what we need .

I agree with that I have always thought he gives what he has whenever he is on the pitch. Harris played him straight away despite Warnock constantly saying he wasn't fit and I think he very nearly took us to the playoff final. When he got injured in the playoff semi final the club should have made sure he had the surgery he clearly needed straight away but waiting 3 months pretty much wrote off last season for him.

Tomlin is a bit of a maverick type player and managers like NW & MM don't know what to do with them but even now Dave Jones would play Tomlin from the start 75% fit or not.

I also have to a degree agree! He deffo should of had surgery soon as unjured,he 100% imho got us to the play offs almost on his own.

I believe there is more to this than just tomlin, its weird, he said he was fit a while back, but also said he didnt know why he wasnt in squad.I remember a similar thing with warnock, with tomlin saying the same thing almost to a word! It seems the old school type of manager makes their minds up early, and WILL NOT let the player get their foot in the door again?

As stated, harris wasnt afraid to put him in, and we know it worked to a good degree,he seemed "fit" all of a sudden then for some reason? I have knocked tomlim myself a fair bit, but there are always two sides to a story imho.
This looks to me like frustration on tomlins behalf, knowing apart from feeling unwell, is in decent shape, certainly in his opinion he is?
MM seems the same mould to me, if he dont like you, you are as good a gone, re glatzel at a 5m loss!!

Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:52 pm

castleblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Not what we need .

well thats Lees story.... he came back fit for the final year of his contract { he hadnt been anything like hit prior to that } and won NW over mate, he was playing and started NWs last game in charge amongst others .. NH started him as sub v Charlton... sorry i dont think DJ would be playing really unfit players...lunatics yes people that struggle to run for half an hour no.... he didnt with Koumas the 2nd time...

Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:21 pm

skidemin wrote:
castleblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Not what we need .

well thats Lees story.... he came back fit for the final year of his contract { he hadnt been anything like hit prior to that } and won NW over mate, he was playing and started NWs last game in charge amongst others .. NH started him as sub v Charlton... sorry i dont think DJ would be playing really unfit players...lunatics yes people that struggle to run for half an hour no.... he didnt with Koumas the 2nd time...

All six previous clubs plus Warnock & McCarthy all can’t be in the wrong.

From Dagenham, Posh, Bournemouth, BORO , Forest, Bristol City etc now Cardiff they all can’t be wrong.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:45 pm

skidemin wrote:
castleblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Not what we need .

I never said DJ would play "Really" unfit players but Bothroyd and Koumas come to mind for being played whilst injured. Yes Tomlin made a huge effort with his fitness and what happened Warnock didn't give him any game time until the 4th game. In the first 17 games Tomlin started around 6 and on average last about 65 minutes with Warnock claiming he wasn't fit, hardly proof that he had won Warnock over. Harris used him as a 2nd half substitute in his first game but after that Tomlin started on a regular basis and lasted the 90 minutes. After that Charlton game we only lost 6 out of 28 games and Tomlin was a regular starter, under Warnock we lost 5 of 16 with Tomlin in and out of the team. That season Tomlin finished as our top scorer with 9 goals.

It's not Tomlin's story fella that is the truth.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:04 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Not what we need .

I also have to a degree agree! He deffo should of had surgery soon as unjured,he 100% imho got us to the play offs almost on his own.

I believe there is more to this than just tomlin, its weird, he said he was fit a while back, but also said he didnt know why he wasnt in squad.I remember a similar thing with warnock, with tomlin saying the same thing almost to a word! It seems the old school type of manager makes their minds up early, and WILL NOT let the player get their foot in the door again?

As stated, harris wasnt afraid to put him in, and we know it worked to a good degree,he seemed "fit" all of a sudden then for some reason? I have knocked tomlim myself a fair bit, but there are always two sides to a story imho.
This looks to me like frustration on tomlins behalf, knowing apart from feeling unwell, is in decent shape, certainly in his opinion he is?
MM seems the same mould to me, if he dont like you, you are as good a gone, re glatzel at a 5m loss!!

Tomlin will never reach the fitness micks requires, thats the issue. Even though a 75% fit Tomlin probably has more quality/creativity than everyone in the squad, excluding Giles. Mick would probably play 5 Ralls in midfield if he could. Its why we see bacuna played as a forward all the time when we have Murphy, colwill of Harris who are actually forwards.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:22 pm

If this were my decision I would consider “public sub ordinance “ as Gross Misconduct and sack him straight away - thus taking him off the payroll

Plenty might not agree but, with these comments, I wouldn’t have him within 50 miles of our club

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:47 pm

castleblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
castleblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Not what we need .

I never said DJ would play "Really" unfit players but Bothroyd and Koumas come to mind for being played whilst injured. Yes Tomlin made a huge effort with his fitness and what happened Warnock didn't give him any game time until the 4th game. In the first 17 games Tomlin started around 6 and on average last about 65 minutes with Warnock claiming he wasn't fit, hardly proof that he had won Warnock over. Harris used him as a 2nd half substitute in his first game but after that Tomlin started on a regular basis and lasted the 90 minutes. After that Charlton game we only lost 6 out of 28 games and Tomlin was a regular starter, under Warnock we lost 5 of 16 with Tomlin in and out of the team. That season Tomlin finished as our top scorer with 9 goals.

It's not Tomlin's story fella that is the truth.

well he went from excluded to starting so id say yes.....to a degree won him over , total trust probably not ,who would after being left down so badly.... as for lasting 90mins...i along with everyone else has eyes mate , fitter than he had been maybe but breathing out of his behind after an hour.. ...and he said the same { story } nonsense at bristol as he said then and as is saying it again now.....he is fit just picked on.....pathetic.....

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:54 pm

He's just written his own P45

That's him gone or in the U23s on reduced wages , attitude change required asap

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:57 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:He's just written his own P45

i have a feeling this wont be the final Lee Tomlin thread on here.... our most talked about player ever and a full 10 months to extend that record....

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:02 pm

skidemin wrote:

i have a feeling this wont be the final Lee Tomlin thread on here.... our most talked about player ever and a full 10 months to extend that record....

Typical how everyone has such great hindsight. I wonder how many people actually said get rid when he was smashing us to the playoffs?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:06 pm

Even if he gets fit, I personally wouldn’t play him as he’s not a bluebird, just using us as his cash cow….. I don’t know how he can look at himself in a mirror.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:20 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Typical how everyone has such great hindsight. I wonder how many people actually said get rid when he was smashing us to the playoffs?

fair point but he had been rewarded with a 2 year extension prior to that run and had it not been for covid wouldnt even have been available for it..... 2 extra years ? after a dozen or so decent games and being a waster for 2 years previously.... i didnt think it was a good idea.... 1 year rolling yes...2 years was asking for it..

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:25 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

fair point but he had been rewarded with a 2 year extension prior to that run and had it not been for covid wouldnt even have been available for it..... 2 extra years ? after a dozen or so decent games and being a waster for 2 years previously.... i didnt think it was a good idea.... 1 year rolling yes...2 years was asking for it..

Depends how bored I am tomorrow I might go and have a looksie. I think the two years was worried about him leaving for a two year deal elsewhere.

A lot of the same people who are having a go at the club over Tomlin are also having a go at the club over Bennett and would have a go at the club had Bennett been given two years and wasn’t the same player again. They are also the same people who slate Bennett when his defensive standards slip somewhat.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:35 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Depends how bored I am tomorrow I might go and have a looksie. I think the two years was worried about him leaving for a two year deal elsewhere.

A lot of the same people who are having a go at the club over Tomlin are also having a go at the club over Bennett and would have a go at the club had Bennett been given two years and wasn’t the same player again. They are also the same people who slate Bennett when his defensive standards slip somewhat.

well yes it was certain people afraid of an imaginary club.... but the reality is that his reputation for being unreliable was going before him and was getting worse not better..and the best get fit because i want a contract wasnt new either.... there really does have to be a limit to how many people would buy it especially when Tomlin fit wouldnt mean fit for 99% of championship players.. ..honestly ,i think if someone had come in and taken him off our hands that summer after the prem we would have just let him go as we had struggled to get him out on loan...

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:42 pm

Im sick of his name being mentioned he has no intension of playing for us or anyone again happy getting his 20 grand a week
sitting in at home stuffing his face . a tw*t

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:19 pm

Sack him on the grounds of 'irretreivable breakdown in trust' and let him take his beef to ACAS, CAS or whoever oversees this stuff...

I've backed him in the past but Tomlin is unfit to be a 'professional' footballer and is stealing a living. The worse scenario is they find in his favour and give him compensation hopefully (but not guaranteed) short of his remaining contract figure

What he won't get back is his 'job' and/or the chance to adversely influence the youngsters at this club...

TOMLIN OUT...! :(

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:23 pm

maccydee wrote:
Not what we need .

Spot on ...
I’ve always argued for Tomlin based on when his head was in the right place and he played , he was a game changer .
Unfortunately, we ain’t seen anything to indicate that he’s fighting to get in the team or even interested ....
Will simply have to run his contract down as we shouldn’t pay him off and nobody seems remotely interested in taking him on loan.

Must admit I’ve given up on him ever playing for city again