Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Breaking: ‘ Josh Murphy “

Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:09 pm

JOSH MURPHY LEAVES ON LOAN

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm Josh Murphy has joined Preston North End on loan for the remainder of the 2021/22 campaign, subject to international clearance.

We'd like to wish Josh all the very best while at Deepdale.

Preston have agreed to pay 50% of Josh Murphy’s wages till the end of 2021-22 season

Breaking news

UPDATED:
CARDIFF AT THE LAST MINUTE COULD LOAN OUT JOSH MURPHY “

- Cardiff City have received multiple loan enquiries for Josh Murphy as they weigh up letting him go by tonight. Thinking face

- A number of EFL clubs have expressed an interest in taking the winger. Writing hand

Details: https://footballinsider247.com/sources- ... 30422384-1

#CardiffCity #Bluebirds #CityAsOne
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Josh murphy

Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:11 pm

danielrees17 wrote:- Cardiff City have received multiple loan enquiries for Josh Murphy as they weigh up letting him go by tonight. Thinking face

- A number of EFL clubs have expressed an interest in taking the winger. Writing hand

Details: https://footballinsider247.com/sources- ... 30422384-1

#CardiffCity #Bluebirds #CityAsOne

Let him go if we get a replacement

Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:29 pm

Loan him out and get ojo in?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:35 pm

welshrarebit wrote:Loan him out and get ojo in?

think Liverpool hope to sell Ojo.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:58 pm

If it means Robbie Brady coming in then yes get it done.

Every time Murphy played I'd think "this is it, time to shine"
But he never did really.

Which is a shame as the ability is there. From the outside looking in it seems attitude is a problem (not accusing just observing)

Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:32 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:If it means Robbie Brady coming in then yes get it done.

Every time Murphy played I'd think "this is it, time to shine"
But he never did really.

Which is a shame as the ability is there. From the outside looking in it seems attitude is a problem (not accusing just observing)

My thoughts too

Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:41 pm

If true and we can get a replacement, then I'd let him go. Robbie Brady would be perfect and that wouldn't need to be done today as he's out of contract. Would be cheaper than Murphy as well in wages.

As with Smithies, he's out of contract next summer and he's on good money. So he'd probably go next summer anyway.

Better to cash in now and save a lot in wages.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:45 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:If true and we can get a replacement, then I'd let him go. Robbie Brady would be perfect and that wouldn't need to be done today as he's out of contract. Would be cheaper than Murphy as well in wages.

As with Smithies, he's out of contract next summer and he's on good money. So he'd probably go next summer anyway.

Better to cash in now and save a lot in wages.

Agree

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:20 pm

High wages and not played. If we can get someone else in then ship him out.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:16 pm

Escott1927 wrote:High wages and not played. If we can get someone else in then ship him out.

agree...people going on about transfer fees and going for nothing....the fella isnt playing so best he and his wages go and we spend the savings or part of elsewhere....

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:30 pm

Shame real shame!!! played off the bench all season, bar a cup start, got a goal, needs to play more!! NO.. worst than others in games, but get's picked out..

hope you stay Josh! really do!

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:36 pm

Not being funny I'd rather recall Gavin Whyte and get Murphy off the books. Hes a waste of space. They'll be free transfers out there that would offer more than he does over a season.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:37 pm

droyal wrote:Shame real shame!!! played off the bench all season, bar a cup start, got a goal, needs to play more!! NO.. worst than others in games, but get's picked out..

3/4 years and how many managers have we had and he hasn't been able to do it? It's no coincidence mate. He just flatters to deceive.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:58 pm

I like Murphy but as observed hasn't been consistent for us. Is that down to the player or our set-up? Has he had a decent run of games? Is he picked on despite others also not performing consistently?

Maybe a little bit of all of those things.

I wouldn't be too unhappy to see him go, IF the club manages to get a replacement ... I.e. a forward/winger with some pace.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:12 pm

nubbsy wrote:
droyal wrote:Shame real shame!!! played off the bench all season, bar a cup start, got a goal, needs to play more!! NO.. worst than others in games, but get's picked out..

3/4 years and how many managers have we had and he hasn't been able to do it? It's no coincidence mate. He just flatters to deceive.

Since the Premier league season and maybe first championship season, I agree he has been disappointing, with what we have now, he, for me could be a key player this season, if played in the correct role, and given game time, and mainly starts.. last couple of years have not gone for him in terms of starts, how many starts in the last two seasons? I understand 99 games total, 14 goals but again, how many starts?

We have a good player, it’s the way we use him, and play at times is the problem!

Still only 26, such a shame if we loan him out!

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:17 pm

i like Josh but the bottom line always for me is that if a manager isnt picking them best they go and we get someone in we have use of....

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:40 pm

Interest still in Josh Murphy

Re: Updated: ‘ Josh murphy “

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:42 pm

CARDIFF AT THE LAST MINUTE COULD LOAN OUT JOSH MUPHY

Re: Updated: ‘ Josh murphy “

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:43 pm

Hearing there could be an OUT at @CardiffCityFC …. Not Kieffer Moore. More likely Josh Murphy going on a loan. Nothing certain yet

Re: Updated: ‘ Josh Murphy “

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:56 pm

Just got a call from a Preston fan and Murphy to Preston I'm hearing?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:08 pm

Unread postby skidemin » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:17 pm

droyal wrote:
Shame real shame!!! played off the bench all season, bar a cup start, got a goal, needs to play more!! NO.. worst than others in games, but get's picked out..

i like Josh but the bottom line always for me is that if a manager isnt picking them best they go and we get someone in we have use of....

Totally agree. There's no point in paying someone if they're not really part of the manager's real squad, particularly when we clearly need more creativity.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:18 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Just got a call from a Preston fan and Murphy to Preston I'm hearing?

Would suit their style if true, Ned... :thumbup:

Re: Breaking: ‘ Josh Murphy “

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:48 pm

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm Josh Murphy has joined Preston North End on loan for the remainder of the 2021/22 campaign, subject to international clearance.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Cardiff City Football Club can confirm Josh Murphy has joined Preston North End on loan for the remainder of the 2021/22 campaign, subject to international clearance.

Gotta get a loan in tomorrow now surely.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:07 pm

We’re not going to miss him, total waste of money, to say we need a replacement :lol: ..

…all the talent in the world, but never stepped up when he had the chance , and by god he had enough chances

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:17 pm

evil c wrote:We’re not going to miss him, total waste of money, to say we need a replacement :lol: ..

…all the talent in the world, but never stepped up when he had the chance , and by god he had enough chances

Gotta get a loan in doesn’t necessarily mean a replacement. I’d like a ball playing central midfielder

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:41 pm

droyal wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Since the Premier league season and maybe first championship season, I agree he has been disappointing, with what we have now, he, for me could be a key player this season, if played in the correct role, and given game time, and mainly starts.. last couple of years have not gone for him in terms of starts, how many starts in the last two seasons? I understand 99 games total, 14 goals but again, how many starts?

We have a good player, it’s the way we use him, and play at times is the problem!

Still only 26, such a shame if we loan him out!

Remember, we paid HALF the fee for glatzel, who was a newbie to British football, who managed more goals in far less appearances, yet everyone pleased to a degree he has gone.
He just doesn't seem to have the aptitude to succeed, maybe a fault of his, but he doesn't perform anymore, big wage, costing the club a pretty penny, and not making the squad is unacceptable imho, no different to tomlin, Vassell, so he deserves the same treatment in my book.this run of games isn't happening, he plays soo poorly most times he is given his chance, thus not gaining any trust from managers.again can only be down to what's seen on the training field? Or does MM not know how to handle him?
It hasn't been good for either party, and a loan move closer to home may be enough for him to start again, and maybe shine for them? Hopefully we have a January recall option. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:42 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
evil c wrote:We’re not going to miss him, total waste of money, to say we need a replacement :lol: ..

Gotta get a loan in doesn’t necessarily mean a replacement. I’d like a ball playing central midfielder

Thats a good point, especially with (hopefully) the wages freed up, just that he's probably the most disappointing signing for big money in recent years

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:46 am

Preston have agreed to pay 50% of Josh Murphy’s wages till the end of 2021-22 season

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:54 am

No loss here. For £11 million and big wages, what has he actually done for us? Whether it was Murphy himself, or our managers, it's been a disaster. ELEVEN MILLION!!!!
Let the kids have a go. It can't be any worse. :thumbup: