Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED/BREAKING " CARDIFF TELL WOLVES KIEFFER MOORE PRICE "

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:15 pm

UPDATED/SKY SPORTS:

CARDIFF CITY HAVE TOLD WOLVES IT WILL TAKE AN OFFER OF £12M TO SIGN KIEFFER MOORE

At the moment, Wolves are unwilling to pay that fee but things could change in the final hours.

Updated

ROB PHILLIPS:

Hearing @CardiffCityFC not impressed with late moves from Wolves to sign Kieffer Moore. Resolve could be tested as window draws to a close but at present club standing firm.

UPDATE FROM THE HIGHLY RESPECTED DAVID ORNSTEIN:

The striker bid was for Kieffer Moore of Cardiff, as revealed by @JPercyTelegraph, but #cardiffcity have rejected the offer as they seek higher price. Wolves likely to go back in and try to find a middle ground, but no guarantee this will be done @TheAthleticUK #WWFC #DeadlineDay

BREAKING NEWS FROM SKY SPORTS:

WOLVES ARE IN TALKS TO SIGN KIEFFER MOORE

Wolves are in talks with Cardiff to sign Kieffer Moore. A fee is yet to be agreed.

The striker is currently isolating and has been ruled out of Wales’ upcoming games after being deemed a close contact of Adam Davies, who tested positive for Covid.

Re: BREAKING " WOLVES ARE IN TALKS TO SIGN KEIFFER MOORE "

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:19 pm

Would be suicide to let him go this late in the window

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:20 pm

How would this work if he’s isolating regards to medical and things?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:20 pm

If the club let him go this late it’ll be one of the worse decisions they’ve ever made

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:22 pm

Any decent strikers who are free agents ? :shock:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:23 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:How would this work if he’s isolating regards to medical and things?

He cannot have a medical, the only way this could normally happen is they sign him depending he passes a medical, but as this is the last 4 hours that would not be allowed, they will have to sign him without a medical!

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:25 pm

This would be ridiculous to let him go now.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:26 pm

Igovernor wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:How would this work if he’s isolating regards to medical and things?

He cannot have a medical, the only way this could normally happen is they sign him depending he passes a medical, but as this is the last 4 hours that would not be allowed, they will have to sign him without a medical!

Could they do on loan, subject to a medical? If he the passes the medical, then they make it permanent in Jan.

That would be crazy for us to agree to though as we couldn’t sign anyone incase it didn’t go through.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:26 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:If the club let him go this late it’ll be one of the worse decisions they’ve ever made

The owner cares not a jot about this club. Great business for him but he doesn't care about the fans who have followed the club all their lives.

TAN OUT, HAMMAM IN.....

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:29 pm

Disaster if this goes through. I have no issue with losing fringe players or even selling and replacing. But losing Moore now would probably leave us without a replacement. Its going to be a drab season with him in the team. Be even worse if he goes.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:31 pm

Perfect for the club this, sell him then claim we didn't have time to sign a replacement

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:31 pm

This is hardly a surprise it has been talked about for the last few days. The No.9 shirt is kept free for a reason so hopefully this sale (when it happens) will be partially offset by a lined up replacement.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:33 pm

Could well see this being the worst decision in living memory if we sell at this stage of the deadline

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:34 pm

WelshSerb wrote:Perfect for the club this, sell him then claim we didn't have time to sign a replacement

Timing is down to the buying club.... selling club sets the price :thumbup:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:36 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:This is hardly a surprise it has been talked about for the last few days. The No.9 shirt is kept free for a reason so hopefully this sale (when it happens) will be partially offset by a lined up replacement.

MM does have a replacement in mind, but this late in the game I doubt we will get him :banghead:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:36 pm

The Athletic now claiming that we have rejected the offer - Wolves likely to come back with higher offer

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:38 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:If the club let him go this late it’ll be one of the worse decisions they’ve ever made

The owner cares not a jot about this club. Great business for him but he doesn't care about the fans who have followed the club all their lives.

TAN OUT, HAMMAM IN.....

Oh dear.. ! :roll:

Sorry (I really am) but you've just confirmed my original thoughts on you as a poster and it disappoints me hugely.. :cry:

12 million plus we keep Giles permanently then it has to be accepted. Smith lined up to replace Moore for 5m

Igovernor wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:This is hardly a surprise it has been talked about for the last few days. The No.9 shirt is kept free for a reason so hopefully this sale (when it happens) will be partially offset by a lined up replacement.

MM does have a replacement in mind, but this late in the game I doubt we will get him :banghead:

In your view is that player an adequate replacement? Do you think we will sell even if we can’t get that replacement in?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:41 pm

As I understand it, had been interest in both Josh Murphy and Alex Smithies earlier today. Both seem to have gone cold in last hour or so.

As for Kieffer. Wolves interest might well be there, but City waiting on a firm bid

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:42 pm

I'm,calling this now moore will go to wolves and we will,sign kanu

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:As I understand it, had been interest in both Josh Murphy and Alex Smithies earlier today. Both seem to have gone cold in last hour or so.

As for Kieffer. Wolves interest might well be there, but City waiting on a firm bid

Annis it seems they have made a bid and we have turned it down :roll:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:46 pm

If a bid comes in and its decent he will be gone I suspect and who could blame him really wanting to better himself although the club will move anyone for the right price as we been told that cost cutting is going on so I expected him to go. By the end of this season the wage bill will be down millions a year due to loads out of contract and will leave on freebies and filled with the supposed good youngster's coming through. Then we will probably still get the 2million a week talk from dalman being leaked and soaked up by tan as he talks absolute shite :lol:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:48 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Then we will probably still get the 2million a week talk from dalman being leaked and soaked up by tan as he talks absolute shite :lol:

That's the bit I'm looking forward to.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:Perfect for the club this, sell him then claim we didn't have time to sign a replacement

Cheers for that captain obvious, I'm just saying it's a perfect situation for the club

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:55 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:Then we will probably still get the 2million a week talk from dalman being leaked and soaked up by tan as he talks absolute shite :lol:

It baffles me it was 1 million when we was getting millions upon millions in parachute payments then cost cut galore for 2 seasons and it goes up :lol: I can hear him saying it again with half a team under 21 from within the club already come next season but it be 3 million tans propping us up with then no doubt :lol:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:56 pm

WelshSerb wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Cheers for that captain obvious, I'm just saying it's a perfect situation for the club

No its not as leaves club no chance to buy anyone other than free agents .... why ? see my note on buying club :thumbup:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:58 pm

UPDATE FROM THE HIGHLY RESPECTED DAVID ORNSTEIN:

The striker bid was for Kieffer Moore of Cardiff, as revealed by @JPercyTelegraph, but #cardiffcity have rejected the offer as they seek higher price. Wolves likely to go back in and try to find a middle ground, but no guarantee this will be done @TheAthleticUK #WWFC #DeadlineDay

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:00 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

It baffles me it was 1 million when we was getting millions upon millions in parachute payments then cost cut galore for 2 seasons and it goes up :lol: I can hear him saying it again with half a team under 21 from within the club already come next season but it be 3 million tans propping us up with then no doubt :lol:

I get the point you are trying to make up, but if income drops more than cost cutting does, it is true that he might have had to put more money in than when we had parachute payments.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:01 pm

Wolves and Cardiff are both so far apart in their valuations of Kieffer Moore. To me, at the minute, it seems like too much ground has to be made up at this late stage.

So we can expect him to sign for them then.