Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Joe Bennett Signs and then Says ‘

Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:46 pm

Wigan Sign Joe Bennett

Good luck Joe :thumbright:

Welcome to Latics, @JoeBennett27!

We are pleased to confirm the signing of full back Joe Bennett on a two-year contract.

Joe Bennett: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Joe Bennett Signs and then Says ‘

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wigan Sign Joe Bennett

He's a class act Annis. Shame as he was playing his best football for us when he got injured. Good luck Joe :bluebird:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:52 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:

He's a class act Annis. Shame as he was playing his best football for us when he got injured. Good luck Joe :bluebird:

He is better than leauge 1

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:08 pm

Championship class so Wigan gotta a good deal.
Best of luck fella and thanks !
Always a Bluebird

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:18 pm

Welcome to Latics, @JoeBennett27!

We are pleased to confirm the signing of full back Joe Bennett on a two-year contract.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:19 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Championship player def.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:34 pm

Good player, good servant and great attitude

If he gets himself fully fit Wigan have got themselves a gem of a player

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:36 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Good player, good servant and great attitude

If he gets himself fully fit Wigan have got themselves a gem of a player

fully agree....

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:39 pm

Championship class so Wigan gotta a good deal.
Best of luck fella and thanks !
Always a Bluebird

Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:44 pm

Good Luck To The Lad .

Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Good Luck To The Lad .

Agreed, he was a great servant, but it seems he has the 2 yr contract he was after, the very best of luck to you JOE BENNETT, ONCE A BLUEBIRD, ALWAYS A BLUEBIRD :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:17 am

Igovernor wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

I agree and I would have loved to have kept him but the main stumbling blocks was the 2yr contract not so much the wages.

I guess he’s at league 1 because he had no other suitable offers.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:23 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

I agree and I would have loved to have kept him but the main stumbling blocks was the 2yr contract not so much the wages.

Still harping on! :banghead:

He wanted to leave and move nearer his family he’d already set up a deal with another club and would have left. Unfortunately he got injured and once again unfortunately the other club didn’t pursue the deal. Hence he trained to get fit and has now gone to Wigan.

Length of contract and wages here was an issue but in reality he wanted to leave. Nothing will change that so stop putting spin on it :sleepy2:

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:31 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

He wanted to leave and move nearer his family he’d already set up a deal with another club and would have left. Unfortunately he got injured and once again unfortunately the other club didn’t pursue the deal. Hence he trained to get fit and has now gone to Wigan.

Length of contract and wages here was an issue but in reality he wanted to leave. Nothing will change that so stop putting spin on it :sleepy2:

No spin by me, I have no reason to. I know the facts.

Definitely better than league 1 though.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:57 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

No spin by me, I have no reason to. I know the facts.

Definitely better than league 1 though.

I agree to good for L1 but he took a chance and it didn’t work out. At least he’s back to playing albeit not with us or the side he was talking to :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:35 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

he wanted to stay actually and had not signed a pre contract anywhere else.... had his agent spoken to other clubs ? ..yes.... they ALL do and are entitled to if there is no contract extension agreed by the end of the final January window of a players contract.....be foolish not to...

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:42 am

skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

he wanted to stay actually and had not signed a pre contract anywhere else.... had his agent spoken to other clubs ? ..yes.... they ALL do and are entitled to if there is no contract extension agreed by the end of the final January window of a players contract.....be foolish not to...

Did he want to stay! Who says? You?

He had the offer of a new contract months before January and didn’t sign it because he wanted more of everything than was on offer.

He didn’t change that attitude throughout I wonder how much he’s getting now? Not the same as we offered that’s for sure. He had a good 5 yrs with us get over it he’s gone to pastures new and all your thoughts don’t mean a thing.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:17 pm

He can't be better than L1 otherwise he would have been signed by one of the 23 other championship or 20 premier league clubs.

Football is the ultimate capitalist marketplace where you find your value. 31 off a nasty injury, its a gamble but one Wigan made.

Looks like the trickle-down effect of the premier league has been broken and I am more than happy about that. Big shock for the players at the end of this season as well. Who is going to pay bang average aging championship players 1~2 million a year, not many.

I believe city may well be in front of the curve, the business is changing. Players see out their contracts with only the young with potential going for fee's or those wanted by the big boys. I think it won't be so much of a shock that we will see some club stalwarts going into the last few months of their contract without extending it where their agent is trying to work out what their client's real value is.

I am quite happy with our business.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:22 pm

llan bluebird wrote:He can't be better than L1 otherwise he would have been signed by one of the 23 other championship or 20 premier league clubs.

Football is the ultimate capitalist marketplace where you find your value. 31 off a nasty injury, its a gamble but one Wigan made.

Looks like the trickle-down effect of the premier league has been broken and I am more than happy about that. Big shock for the players at the end of this season as well. Who is going to pay bang average aging championship players 1~2 million a year, not many.

I believe city may well be in front of the curve, the business is changing. Players see out their contracts with only the young with potential going for fee's or those wanted by the big boys. I think it won't be so much of a shock that we will see some club stalwarts going into the last few months of their contract without extending it where their agent is trying to work out what their client's real value is.

I am quite happy with our business.

I was going to say exactly this, great pro and player for us, no transfer fee needed as he was out of contract and only taken on by a league one club, so that's now his level, if he was as good as some think he would be at Fulham or WBA, but he's not!

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:14 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

He had the offer of a new contract months before January and didn’t sign it because he wanted more of everything than was on offer.

He didn’t change that attitude throughout I wonder how much he’s getting now? Not the same as we offered that’s for sure. He had a good 5 yrs with us get over it he’s gone to pastures new and all your thoughts don’t mean a thing.

yep he wanted to stay and yes i said it...well joe did too.... yes he was offered a contract everyone and their dog knows that...and yes he wanted longer.... players do , not all players just sign anything put infront of them , its called negotiating and by no stretch means wanting to leave....
agree about the good 5 years, personally id have extended it but he isnt the first or hundred and first thats left that id have liked to keep.... so no need to get over it as thats how football is...... just didnt see the point in your false claims....

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:21 pm

skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

yep he wanted to stay and yes i said it...well joe did too.... yes he was offered a contract everyone and their dog knows that...and yes he wanted longer.... players do , not all players just sign anything put infront of them , its called negotiating and by no stretch means wanting to leave....
agree about the good 5 years, personally id have extended it but he isnt the first or hundred and first thats left that id have liked to keep.... so no need to get over it as thats how football is...... just didnt see the point in your false claims....

Well I’ve made no false claims but hey ho believe what you want my info was solid, just like Bamba and Hoilett.

At least he’s playing at the right level as someone else on here stated “if he was that good” then why didn’t any other Championship side sign him hmm.

He’s just signed a 2 yr contract with Wigan at 9k a week sums him up and you!

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:38 pm

They offered him a two year deal and he's probably thinking he will be back in the Championship next season as Wigan look to bounce back up after their takeover, they have made dome very decent signings.

The drop down doesn't mean he's now League 1 standard at all thats total bollocks, remember plenty of players did it to come to us in the past.

Its a good deal for both parties IMO but I do understand why our Club decided to part the ways as they didn't want to offer more than the year

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:39 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Well I’ve made no false claims but hey ho believe what you want my info was solid, just like Bamba and Hoilett.

At least he’s playing at the right level as someone else on here stated “if he was that good” then why didn’t any other Championship side sign him hmm.

your entitled to your opinions on how good or not he is/was but they are just opinions and have little to do with your false claim... ...but well done on the other 2.. 2 players not offered new contracts will leave.....who would have thought it... :?

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:21 pm

skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

your entitled to your opinions on how good or not he is/was but they are just opinions and have little to do with your false claim... ...but well done on the other 2.. 2 players not offered new contracts will leave.....who would have thought it... :?[/quot

Reading your your thoughts I gave up. You must be due back in school :banghead: