Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED:Wolves have ended negotiations to sign Kieffer M

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:44 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Liverpool are in talks with two unnamed Championship clubs regarding a loan deal for winger Sheyi Ojo,

Wouldn't be surprised if it was us again .I would like him back

Preston was the other side apparently

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What the hell?

Ojo who Dalman confirmed the club asked about earlier in the window is going on loan to Millwall???

Annis

Perhaps they're willing to pay a loan fee and his wages or a large part of them.

And we're not.

There could be Several reasons why he could be going elsewhere ? Why is it citys fault he could go to millwall?

You're right - there could be several reasons why he could be going elsewhere - I was simply putting forward one possible reason :thumbup:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:49 pm

danielrees17 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Liverpool are in talks with two unnamed Championship clubs regarding a loan deal for winger Sheyi Ojo,

Where’d you hear that mate?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:51 pm

davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What the hell?

Ojo who Dalman confirmed the club asked about earlier in the window is going on loan to Millwall???

Annis

Perhaps they're willing to pay a loan fee and his wages or a large part of them.

And we're not.

There could be Several reasons why he could be going elsewhere ? Why is it citys fault he could go to millwall?

You're right - there could be several reasons why he could be going elsewhere - I was simply putting forward one possible reason :thumbup:

Yes and it's wouldnt be clubs fault either? But its possible he could come here after all..

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:51 pm

Wolves update in couple minutes on ssn :o

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:52 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Where’d you hear that mate?

https://www.givemesport.com/1745885-liv ... d-attacker

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:52 pm

BBC now reporting that Wolves' Transfer Deadline Day is over and they will be no more activity from them this evening .... let's hope that's true!

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:55 pm

Frosty_Blue wrote:BBC now reporting that Wolves' Transfer Deadline Day is over and they will be no more activity from them this evening .... let's hope!

I do not believe that, only after 11pm :thumbup:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:57 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Frosty_Blue wrote:BBC now reporting that Wolves' Transfer Deadline Day is over and they will be no more activity from them this evening .... let's hope!

Indeed! I'm hoping they're not playing chicken hoping that we'll cave in and reduce our demands.

Personally, I think that the pie-in-the sky 12m + Giles has no chance, especially as they've apparently been told that we'll accept 12m!

However, something like 7m + Giles would really start to test our resolve.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:04 pm

Thankfully Wolves never increased their pathetic offer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:08 pm

Igovernor wrote:

Where’s the two players you eluded to the other week? Or are you just going to say “things change very quickly in football”

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:44 pm

Hearing there could be an OUT at @CardiffCityFC …. Not Kieffer Moore. More likely Josh Murphy going on a loan. Nothing certain yet

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Hearing there could be an OUT at @CardiffCityFC …. Not Kieffer Moore. More likely Josh Murphy going on a loan. Nothing certain yet

That would disappoint me, as I still believe Murphy could do a job; but a 'loan' would prove that he doesn't fit into Mick's plans as he is a 'flair' player

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:55 pm

Getting Murphy off the books would be a result in my eyes. Shame we couldn’t also do the same with Tomlin but one out of the two ain’t bad.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:56 pm

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Where’s the two players you eluded to the other week? Or are you just going to say “things change very quickly in football”

Fella, the info he was working on was sound and people need to realise (at least) one of those 'positively sounded out' depended on a certain player leaving the club, so I guess the choice now is to rejoice that player staying (my preference) orcriticise that others didn't come in as a direct result of said positivity

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:56 am

It's sad that our only aim this window was to keep Moore they knew if they sold him fans would turn and also it saves them asking for new players and focus on keeping the one player we had.

Thankfully Wolves pathetic bid of £5mill meant they could never really sell Moore.

As Big Mick says we have a big squad, strong squad and full of a lot of good youngsters, so let’s get behind our team No matter what or how we think our current board are running our club. :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ ONWARDS & UPWARDS “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:31 am

Moore is still here and yet no credit given to the board for that - before and during this window lots of people (with no foundation) said that the board were desperate to sell, were hawking him around and would take anything for him however low.

Well the facts now tell us that they didn’t get sell for any old offer, so they had a value in mind and they’ve stuck to it - let’s give them some credit for that.

I’m delighted he is still here and £5m was of course too low, but on the other hand that might have allowed us to bring in 2-3 players and he is only an injury away from that £5m looking good. It’s a very fine line.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:01 am

Blue78 wrote:Moore is still here and yet no credit given to the board for that - before and during this window lots of people (with no foundation) said that the board were desperate to sell, were hawking him around and would take anything for him however low.

Well the facts now tell us that they didn’t get sell for any old offer, so they had a value in mind and they’ve stuck to it - let’s give them some credit for that.

I’m delighted he is still here and £5m was of course too low, but on the other hand that might have allowed us to bring in 2-3 players and he is only an injury away from that £5m looking good. It’s a very fine line.

It was a pitiful £5mill bid over three years , I know our board have been pathetic running our club now for years, but even they know they could not get away with that .

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:10 am

Blue78 wrote:Moore is still here and yet no credit given to the board for that - before and during this window lots of people (with no foundation) said that the board were desperate to sell, were hawking him around and would take anything for him however low.

I agree and of course it’s essential we kept him.
Saying that, I was one of the posters who believed a bid of between 7-10mill would have been accepted.

Whilst like everyone (including the manager), I’d have loved to see some new players coming in I think the club is doing well to keep the finances in as good a condition as can be expected.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:

It was a pitiful £5mill bid over three years , I know our board have been pathetic running our club now for years, but even they know they could not get away with that .

Of course that is a pitiful bid and shouldn’t be accepted. But we can’t go from one narrative where 2 weeks ago it was suggested that the board would sell out and take anything ,however pitiful, to one where they get no credit for sticking to their value on him.

They haven’t sold him on the cheap despite all of the accusations that they would - so I don’t understand the need to now try and find excuses as to why they didn’t do what people thought they would. But I appreciate everyone will have their own point of view.

Let’s enjoy him still being here - at least until Jan where I hope all of the speculation will start again as it means he has had a good first half of the season.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:03 am

That was a huge lot of nonsense from start to finish. It would have been insane to sell a 20 goal striker for £7 m and replace him with a 10 goal striker for £10m.
He was never the sort of player Wolves use and however skint they were - even if the board were unsupportive ( which they’re not actually), it was just a non starter.
Well done WOL for another bit of “creative journalism “, but they’re hard to take awfully seriously really.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:54 am

I don't think there was any genuine interest, maybe they did contact us but is an offer of less than half the valuation an offer?
They might have used it as a negotiating tool for real targets, getting it out their that if they failed they may buy Kieffer?
Either way he's here and rested and hopefully ready to help the Centre halves out with some goals, leaving them get back to their jobs of stopping giving away soft goals on the break!

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:It's sad that our only aim this window was to keep Moore they knew if they sold him fans would turn and also it saves them asking for new players and focus on keeping the one player we had.

Thankfully Wolves pathetic bid of £5mill meant they could never really sell Moore.

As Big Mick says we have a big squad, strong squad and full of a lot of good youngsters, so let’s get behind our team No matter what or how we think our current board are running our club. :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ ONWARDS & UPWARDS “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

But in fairness Annis, a few on hear believed he would be gone, even at a derisory fee like £5m, so the club in ny eyes have done well by hanging onto him,the club were in a no win situation with some fans, if they sold him for a penny less than their estimated value on him, he isnt worth sone of the figures quoted imho, but deffo worth at least 8/10m, throw in giles and 8m at least I say!

My concern going forward now, is will wolves play hard ball come january, if we dont agree on a fee for moore( all speculation tbf, as he may not hit too many by then)if they are still interested.