Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED:Wolves have ended negotiations to sign Kieffer Moore

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:29 pm

UPDATED:

Thankfully Wolves never increased their pathetic offer.

It was a pitiful £5mill bid over three years , I know our board have been pathetic running our club now for years, but even they know they could not get away with that .

Updated:

Wolves are now talking to Cardiff again

Wolves have ended negotiations to sign both Boubakar Kamara and Kieffer Moore.

Wolves are unwilling to pay Cardiff’s £12m asking price for Moore, who is currently isolating.

Wolves and Cardiff are both so far apart in their valuations of Kieffer Moore.

I’ve just spoken to two of our longest and most reputable reporters BBC & Newspapers and Wolves offer was £5mill.

Sky Sports:

Wolves look to have been put off their pursuit of Cardiff City striker Kieffer Moore owing to a vast difference in the two clubs' valuations of the player.

The forward has been the subject of transfer interest from the Premier League outfit late in the window, despite them announcing the signing of South Korean forward Hwang Hee-chan on Sunday afternoon.

Talks were held between the Bluebirds and Wolves, but it is understood the two sides were way apart in their valuations.

And now, Sky Sports report that Wolves have indeed called off their pursuit of the Wales international.

Wolves wanted a cut price deal at the last moment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Wolves have ended negotiations to sign Kieffer Moore

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:32 pm

It was £12m we wanted, and they're saying Wolves may go back in for him very late on if they don't find an alternative.

Not over yet unfortunately.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:34 pm

Hope the club stick to their guns. Can't really turn down 12m if they come back in

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:42 pm

I’ve just spoken to two of our longest and most reputable reporters BBC & Newspapers and Wolves offer was £5mill.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:44 pm

12 million plus Giles and for once we will have come out with an excellent deal :thumbup:

As long as the deal is structured with the majority as a transfer fee and not add ons based on appearances and goals etc
Last edited by Dobbin on Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:44 pm

Dobbin wrote:12 million plus Giles and for once we will have come out with an excellent deal :thumbup:

Agree

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:45 pm

Dobbin wrote:12 million plus Giles and for once we will have come out with an excellent deal :thumbup:

That would be fair :thumbright: :bluebird:

Forever Blue wrote:I’ve just spoken to two of our longest and most reputable reporters BBC & Newspapers and Wolves offer was £5mill.

That offer is taking the piss

Yes I’d take that. We’d need another striker tho.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:46 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I’ve just spoken to two of our longest and most reputable reporters BBC & Newspapers and Wolves offer was £5mill.

Wez,

That’s from people who are always spot on, not your Glen Williams who guess or say what Dalman tells him to say.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

That’s from people who are always spot on, not your Glen Williams who guess or say what Dalman tells him to say.

Well done the club for turning it down .

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Unbelievable - more than chancing their arm.

We have to stand firm and for once we have - get what we belive he is worth or keep him and hope he fires up into the playoffs cause the top two are done in my opinion.
Last edited by Dobbin on Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

Wez,

Even you would of turned on them at that price :lol: :thumbright: :bluebird:

The deal surely would only happen if we had a replacement lined up regardless if Giles is part of the deal. James Collins as our number 1 striker isn’t the answer . Won’t surprise me if the board screw us fans over at 10.59 tonight

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

City are still in talks with Wolves :banghead:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:51 pm

Great if he stays
This late in the day, not even 10 mill. Plus would help our team...

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:58 pm

What a joke.. Surely they didn't really expect him to go for that price.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:01 pm

Sky Sports:

Wolves look to have been put off their pursuit of Cardiff City striker Kieffer Moore owing to a vast difference in the two clubs' valuations of the player.

The forward has been the subject of transfer interest from the Premier League outfit late in the window, despite them announcing the signing of South Korean forward Hwang Hee-chan on Sunday afternoon.

Talks were held between the Bluebirds and Wolves, but it is understood the two sides were way apart in their valuations.

And now, Sky Sports report that Wolves have indeed called off their pursuit of the Wales international.

Wolves wanted a cut price deal at the last moment.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Depends Ned,

They probably thought we were desperate for money.

Wolves are now talking to Cardiff again.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:05 pm

Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

Pulled out wolves have being reported everywhere , wheres our 2 signings?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Depends Ned,

They probably thought we were desperate for money.

Wolves are now talking to Cardiff again.

Hope we stick to the price of £12m.

Problem is that with less than two hours to go, very difficult to get in a decent replacement.

If we go into the rest of the season with Collins as our main striker we are in big trouble. Works hard but won't score enough goals.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:07 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

Still talking it is what i was told 20 minutes ago :thumbup:

Re: UPDATED:Wolves have ended negotiations to sign Kieffer M

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:08 pm

Who's instigated the new talks?

Wolves willing to pay more or City willing to accept less?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:08 pm

Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

Still talking it is what i was told 20 minutes ago :thumbup:

It’s probably Koumas on a pay as you play deal.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:17 pm

What the hell?

Ojo who Dalman confirmed the club asked about earlier in the window is going on loan to Millwall???

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What the hell?

Ojo who Dalman confirmed the club asked about earlier in the window is going on loan to Millwall???

Annis

Perhaps they're willing to pay a loan fee and his wages or a large part of them.

And we're not.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:35 pm

Liverpool are in talks with two unnamed Championship clubs regarding a loan deal for winger Sheyi Ojo,

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:36 pm

Igovernor wrote:Liverpool are in talks with two unnamed Championship clubs regarding a loan deal for winger Sheyi Ojo,

Please let it be us.

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:37 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What the hell?

Annis

Perhaps they're willing to pay a loan fee and his wages or a large part of them.

And we're not.

There could be Several reasons why he could be going elsewhere ? Why is it citys fault he could go to millwall?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:40 pm

Igovernor wrote:Liverpool are in talks with two unnamed Championship clubs regarding a loan deal for winger Sheyi Ojo,

Wouldn't be surprised if it was us again .I would like him back