Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “It's sad that our only aim this window / BUT”

Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:49 pm

What a shame after 18 months of this pandemic and now for the first season back with fans we are scuppered by the boards only outlook for the season is survival in the championship
As i have said before crowds will diminish as they have allready its not because we are out of prem imo it really is about fans been downbeat due to the board saying nothing this season about promotion and no vision for the future
Silence again from the board is deafening.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:22 pm

Bluemellons wrote:Tan probably lost £10 million from covid so I don't blame him for getting rid of the dead wood.
We have all moaned about the lack of Welsh kids coming through, so now we have a chance to get behind them. If they fail, its cost us very little.

He lost a damn sight more than £10m!! People moaning need to wake up, things hace changed from the championship down,belts and purse strings being tightened everywhere.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:27 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I didn't think it was a bad window when you look at other Championship clubs.

Keeping hold of Kieffer Moore is a huge plus, no doubt about that.

Swansea did bring in a couple, but they were replacements for better players that left yesterday for low prices. They didn't reinvest much of it in the squad either, and they got a sell on fee for Dan James.

We can still sign free agents if we need to bring someone in. People need to remember that Murphy would hardly play for us anyway, he doesn't play much in the league anymore and hasn't had a good game for a while.

But we all knew there wouldn't be any new signings, Mick has said many times he's happy with his squad.

Up to him to do a good job now.

If he doesn't, there will rightly be a high amount of calls for him to go - not just from a few idiots on here and social media.

it really depends on what individuals consider a good job....

As he says he's happy with his squad, he needs to compete for the top six.

Anything else won't be good enough.

i must have missed him saying anything about the top 6...

He hasn't but that has to be his target?

And he's said he's happy with this squad repeatedly.

I still support him by the way, but he has to compete for the top six. If we're way off in the winter then he'll rightly be under a lot of pressure.

i support him too , just i dont see this as being a top 6 squad.... or that top 6 is his remit this season..

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:36 pm

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:37 pm

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:24 pm

The club is an overall disaster at the moment with no future. Alot needs to change for us to progress as it seems we are going backwards.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:03 pm

Not sure as this can be seen as a successful window! A bit like preseason, nothing but releasing players and paying up contracts or contributing towards loans. When you look at what we've let go, hoilett, bamba, Bennett, Murphy etc, and what we're left with. Time will tell but it's clear our complete lack of ambition and recruitment will leave us facing a long hard unadventurous slog this season. Our patience is running very thin, time to step aside Tan, give someone else the reigns.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:01 pm

Why bring a 24 year old and then send him out on loan. Why did we let Murphy leave without bringing in a replacement. Just sums the City up.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:02 pm

Go and get Cooper in as manager now. The club are useless.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:06 pm

Wardy64 wrote:Why bring a 24 year old and then send him out on loan. Why did we let Murphy leave without bringing in a replacement. Just sums the City up.

I was annoyed when wintle was sent out. But seems like a good move thinking about it. We picked up a highly rated player for nothing. He will likely replace pack, ralls or Vaulks next season who are out of contract. He will now do that with a full seasons championship experience rather than a few cameos off the bench he probably would have got with us. Plus we save on wages while he gains experience.

Someone definitely should have been brought in though with those 2 going out on loan.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:42 pm

Wardy64 wrote:Go and get Cooper in as manager now. The club are useless.

Why would we want your ex manager? :lol:

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:00 pm

Uncanny stats.Makes me wonder why we bought him in the first place.
2013–2018 Norwich City 85 (11)

2018–2021 Cardiff City 88 (10)