Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“It's sad that our only aim this window / BUT”

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:59 am

It's sad that our only aim this window was to keep Moore they knew if they sold him fans would turn and also it saves them asking for new players and focus on keeping the one player we had.

Thankfully Wolves pathetic bid of £5mill meant they could never really sell Moore.

So only Josh Murphy and and new signing midfielder Ryan Wintle went out, which makes many of us happy that’s all that’s left.

Also a bit of a worry is Ryan Giles has a call back in January.

Where was the excitement for our fans about looking forward to maybe a new signing or a good loan signing :cry: :cry:

Even the Jacks & Newport managed to.

Just my honest feelings.

Be interesting what our local media write or are told what to write by Dalman etc.

BUT:

As Big Mick says we have a big squad, strong squad and full of a lot of good youngsters, so let’s get behind our team No matter what or how we think our current board are running our club. :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ ONWARDS & UPWARDS “ :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “It's sad that our only aim this window / BUT”

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:07 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ CARDIFF CITY NEW SIGNINGS & PLAYERS OUT “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

31st August:

Josh Murphy goes out on loan to Preston for the test of 2020-21 season with Preston paying 50% of Murphy’s wages.

28th August 2021:

Blackpool have signed midfielder Ryan Wintle on a season-long loan from Championship rivals Cardiff City.
The 24-year-old joined Cardiff in June this year from Crewe Alexandra, and has made three appearances for the Bluebirds.

31st July 2021:

Gavin Whyte signs for a season long loan to Oxford paying two thirds of Whytes wages.

So far Cardiff have signed five new players, four were Free Agents, plus one season long loan signing. :bluebird: :bluebird:

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ CARDIFF CITY SQUAD 2021-22 “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

1. PHILLIPS, Dillon

2. McGUINNESS, Mark

3. BAGAN, Joel

4. MORRISON, Sean (C)

5. FLINT, Aden

6. VAULKS, Will

7. BACUNA, Leandro

8. RALLS, Joe

10. MOORE, Kieffer

11. MURPHY, Josh out on loan to Preston for the rest of 2021-22 season.(50% of wages being paid)

14. VASSELL, Isaac

15. WINTLE, Ryan out on season long loan to Blackpool.

16. NELSON, Curtis

17. TOMLIN, Lee

19. COLLINS, James

20. WHYTE, Gavin: Gavin Whyte signs for a season long loan to Oxford paying two thirds of Whytes wages.

21. PACK, Marlon

25. SMITHIES, Alex

26. GILES, Ryan

27. COLWILL, Rubin

28. SANG, Tom

29. HARRIS, Mark

30. BROWN, Ciaron

31. RATCLIFFE, George

36. EVANS, Kieron

37. BOWEN, Sam

38. NG, Perry

39. DAVIES, Isaak
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:12 am

Reply Twitter:

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:32 am

I just read a very interesting and actually sadly good post.

Horse Face / Dave Williams posted:

Dalman and Choo have to go

The car salesmen have played a blinder. We’ve ended up weaker than last year following Murphy’s departure. We now have one winger at the football club when playing with a target man and one 19
Year old left back.

The club is literally going no where, there is no long term plan. The youth are being played out of necessity rather than a structural change to the clubs operations.

We’re left with a style for football which is awful, dwindling attendances, PR disasters and no business plan.

It’s a miss and a deserved management who are progressive and engaged

It’s the lack of recruitment planning and strategy. Murphy leaving is one thing but not to replace him is just plain stupid. If Giles is recalled we’ll have no senior wingers, in a system which relies on crosses

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:08 am

Reply Twitter:

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:20 am

Reply Twitter:

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:28 am

Staggered by the negativity and sense of entitlement from some fans. We kept Moore. We didn't sell out for the sake of it which we may have done in the past. I am pleased. We have a budget and if the club has to cut it's cloth because we don't have parachute payments then so be it.

Releasing Murphy is disappointing but if we are honest he has been a total flop. Huge potential but has never had any consistency. I am sure he will have good games at Preston but he won't do that every week there either. Time to cut our losses.
People who say we should have replaced him seem to forget he hasn't started a league game this season. We can also sign free agents if we wish.

We have to get behind the team now and stop bashing the club for past failings or expecting them to spend money we don't have.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:28 am

Tan probably lost £10 million from covid so I don't blame him for getting rid of the dead wood.
We have all moaned about the lack of Welsh kids coming through, so now we have a chance to get behind them. If they fail, its cost us very little.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:38 am

EastleighBlue wrote:Staggered by the negativity and sense of entitlement from some fans. We kept Moore. We didn't sell out for the sake of it which we may have done in the past. I am pleased. We have a budget and if the club has to cut it's cloth because we don't have parachute payments then so be it.

Releasing Murphy is disappointing but if we are honest he has been a total flop. Huge potential but has never had any consistency. I am sure he will have good games at Preston but he won't do that every week there either. Time to cut our losses.
People who say we should have replaced him seem to forget he hasn't started a league game this season. We can also sign free agents if we wish.

We have to get behind the team now and stop bashing the club for past failings or expecting them to spend money we don't have.

Negativity it’s exactly how I am feeling lately as I said a month ago their is sadly a lot worse to come.

As to Moore they only never sold because it was a pathetic £5mill offer.

As to getting behind my team read my post, I always do. :bluebird: :bluebird:

This is a forum where you say what you feel or believe , not a Tan Dictatorship on here :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:39 am

Everyone in the Championship brought in at least one player except us and Luton. Can't believe the jacks got Obefami from saints for up to £2M, and they wanted Fosu from Brentford.

And we laugh at their 'financial disaster'.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:41 am

Bluemellons wrote:Tan probably lost £10 million from covid so I don't blame him for getting rid of the dead wood.
We have all moaned about the lack of Welsh kids coming through, so now we have a chance to get behind them. If they fail, its cost us very little.

I am
Not moaning about our youth I want to see our youngsters play :bluebird:
Apparently we have 8 of the best :bluebird:

The money lost at our clubs is the 11 yrs of a very very badly run club, before Covid.

Even if we had got a couple of excellent loan players in, that would of brought something to cheer about.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:43 am

Barclay1 wrote:Everyone in the Championship brought in at least one player except us and Luton. Can't believe the jacks got Obefami from saints for up to £2M, and they wanted Fosu from Brentford.

Sadly Lee, this is just the beginning for us.

But if MICK is genuinely happy and had all positions covered and we have 8 of the best young ones to back up everything as well, we could still have an amazing and exciting season of good football :thumbright: :thumbright:

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:56 am

:sad7:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluemellons wrote:Tan probably lost £10 million from covid so I don't blame him for getting rid of the dead wood.

I agree totally with this Annis. Considering Tan is a highly successful businessman, its mindblowing how he's lost tens of millions from bad signings.
From this latest cull, he must be saving £100000 per week surely? (Bennett, Murphy, Bamba, etc)
Let's see what these kids can do!! :thumbup:

I am

The money lost at our clubs is the 11 yrs of a very very badly run club, before Covid.

Even if we had got a couple of excellent loan players in, that would of brought something to cheer about.

I agree totally with this Annis. Considering Tan is a highly successful businessman, its mindblowing how he's lost tens of millions from bad signings.
From this latest cull, he must be saving £100000 per week surely? (Bennett, Murphy, Bamba, etc)

Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:02 am

Bluemellons wrote::sad7:
Forever Blue wrote:

I am

Ben,
Yes without a doubt he is.

But it’s the way he has run our club so badly for so long is really why we are at this low.
From the Committee we have had nothing but bullshit.

Our kids are now our last chance , I just hope we are the first club in the Championship to ever produce all at once 8 brilliant players as what’s been put out.
I def see one or two :bluebird:

Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:21 am

Barclay1 wrote:Everyone in the Championship brought in at least one player except us and Luton. Can't believe the jacks got Obefami from saints for up to £2M, and they wanted Fosu from Brentford.

To be fair, they did get c £4m in transfer fees in yesterday and they have let at least one player go this summer who was on massive wages.

I am/will be really surprised if we don’t replace Murphy - let’s be fair, he hasn’t been good for us but it he is still a player that can cover positions if injuries hit. It feels like we were trying to offload his wages at the last minute to bring someone in - or MM just didn’t rate Murphy and believes we lost nothing. If he couldn’t get in ahead of Bacuna this season then he’s had no hope.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:01 am

As pointed out above we only have one winger who has a call back January (but the transfer window is open too).
Anyone know if we can call back our two wingers loan out?

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:39 am

theclaw wrote:As pointed out above we only have one winger who has a call back January (but the transfer window is open too).

Who is this one winger?

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:53 am

Apparently Cardiff were asking a £12 Million deal for Moore and Wolves turned away.
Thankfully because if he went then our hopes of the play offs are gone.
Yes its a poor window for us but we have got a young team and they will only improve over time.
Kinda wished we had that 1 player in midfield who is quality, just unfortunate that the club have simply ran out of money for anyone to come in.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:01 am

Sam ReaN wrote:Apparently Cardiff were asking a £12 Million deal for Moore and Wolves turned away.
Yes its a poor window for us but we have got a young team and they will only improve over time.
Kinda wished we had that 1 player in midfield who is quality, just unfortunate that the club have simply ran out of money for anyone to come in.

He’s well worth 12m or more.

If Wolves sell Traore to Spurs in January for what they want well over 80m then they will be back and paying in full.

If they don’t think Moore is worth 12m or more then how the hell do they think Traore is worth over 80m got lots of speed and that’s about it. One couldn’t make it up :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:02 am

Igovernor wrote:
theclaw wrote:As pointed out above we only have one winger who has a call back January (but the transfer window is open too).

Who is this one winger?

Roger, we are changing style 5 3 2 formation through the middle :laughing5:

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:09 am

Sam ReaN wrote:Apparently Cardiff were asking a £12 Million deal for Moore and Wolves turned away.

Play offs? There is one creative player in Giles, he gets injured and there is nothing. There is; and has been for ages, a severe lack of quality. It’s a dire window, we’ve signed 4 players and loaned one of those signings out. MM is happy with the quality of his squad but bemoaned a lack of quality in his squad. It’s hard enough these days watching modern football in general and the fact we still have no quality doesn’t make us any easier to watch.

Hopefully get through this season and rebuild with a new manager and new players next getting all of the out of contract players off the wage bill as they all need to go.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:31 am

I didn't think it was a bad window when you look at other Championship clubs.

Keeping hold of Kieffer Moore is a huge plus, no doubt about that.

Swansea did bring in a couple, but they were replacements for better players that left yesterday for low prices. They didn't reinvest much of it in the squad either, and they got a sell on fee for Dan James.

We can still sign free agents if we need to bring someone in. People need to remember that Murphy would hardly play for us anyway, he doesn't play much in the league anymore and hasn't had a good game for a while.

But we all knew there wouldn't be any new signings, Mick has said many times he's happy with his squad.

Up to him to do a good job now.

If he doesn't, there will rightly be a high amount of calls for him to go - not just from a few idiots on here and social media.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:17 am

Looks very much to me that our sole ambition this season is to avoid the drop. Play-offs will be well out of reach.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:25 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I didn't think it was a bad window when you look at other Championship clubs.

Swansea did bring in a couple, but they were replacements for better players that left yesterday for low prices. They didn't reinvest much of it in the squad either, and they got a sell on fee for Dan James.

We can still sign free agents if we need to bring someone in. People need to remember that Murphy would hardly play for us anyway, he doesn't play much in the league anymore and hasn't had a good game for a while.

But we all knew there wouldn't be any new signings, Mick has said many times he's happy with his squad.

If he doesn't, there will rightly be a high amount of calls for him to go - not just from a few idiots on here and social media.

it really depends on what individuals consider a good job....

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:27 am

skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I didn't think it was a bad window when you look at other Championship clubs.

As he says he's happy with his squad, he needs to compete for the top six.

Anything else won't be good enough.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:52 am

g

And Wolves have a history of buggering about when it comes to Giles. A couple of seasons ago he was on loan at Shrewsbury a season long loan but they recalled hin from Shrewsbury to cover for an injured full back,they were going to use him as a wingback but I think signed someone anyway and never Played him. Instead of loaning him back to Shrewsbury who wanted him back they loaned him out to Coventy where he only played one game and they recalled him from there as well.

I suspect Wolves have a recall clause and would not hesitate to use it either. It is perhaps a bit worrying that although he has been our best player this season at Wolves he appears to be nowhere near good enough for the first team fortunately for us.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:14 pm

In recent weeks I have also asked whether we have moved forward.

Yes we have had two spells in the Premier League but the fact remains that, prior to VT taking over, we had been 7th and 4th in the Championship.

After our 1st stint in the Premier League we were then 11th, 8th and 12th.

After our 2nd stint in the Premier League we were 5th, 8th and now find ourselves in mid table.

For me we have stayed "static" at best and positionally it could be argued that we have gone backwards - as the positions do not lie.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:24 pm

This is how I read it. Colwill will get in over Murphy.
Bowen over Wintle..
That's the, way it is.
Murphy has Been a let down.
Extremely unlikely he would get a new deal.
Youth is the way forward. Fingers crossed they are good enough.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:23 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i must have missed him saying anything about the top 6...

Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:06 pm

skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i must have missed him saying anything about the top 6...

He hasn't but that has to be his target?

And he's said he's happy with this squad repeatedly.

I still support him by the way, but he has to compete for the top six. If we're way off in the winter then he'll rightly be under a lot of pressure.