Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:54 am

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
eddiep wrote:Agree with the clear out.
Totally bemused how vassell and even tomlin are still here though...

Main thing for me is to watch better football.
I've really struggled to watch them for a few years now and have stopped.

I Just avoid home games and hope we win...

Sounds crazy or dramatic but it is what it is. I know quite a few who feel the same.
Bluebird till I Die and been everywhere e following.

I know quiet a few people like this too.

I still watch, support and renew my ST but I agree the football in general is crap to watch.

The time to ‘reset’ was before this dinosaur McCarthy came in I believe.
I know we sounded out a more progressive options but obviously budget, etc didn’t work.

We will only get more of the same this season. I remember many St holders leaving during the season when Slade was in charge and stopped attending even though they had paid. They never came back.

I think the same will happen this season if it stays the same. The crowds will be announced including the ST holders even though many will not be there.

In hindsight, we should have 'reset' after relegation when we had 2 years worth of parachute payments coming in. Now we have to do it with kids and little money.

I know a lot of people who lost interest in going to games as well. People pay to be entertained and the majority of our games (even when we win) are terrible to watch and the atmosphere is bad as well. I find it so frustrating that a team can not string more than 3 passes together without the inevitable hoof up field. I still go down but its mainly for the social side of it, rather than the enjoyment of the game. Without changing our game I can see us sliding further away from challenging top 6. Would love to see Mick pull off a Warnock miracle mind! :lol:

People going or not is based on results.

When we are winning we get crowds. When we aren’t we don’t.

Under Malky we had turgid football. But crowds were good (even in red).

correct.....plus even when we have had money we havent exactly looked like Barca for the most part....its championship not champion league and id say 99.9 % of fans get it.. if we win promotion crowds go up....when in the prem crowds go up again... top half in prem ,full houses every week...

That’s why I don’t rate Malky as much as some. Granted he got up I can’t take that away from him.

But……..

The football was only functional and no plan b and we were massively unprepared for the premier league despite him having a massive budget compared to the rest of the championship. He should have done better. Dave Jones put together a vibrant, flowing team with a fraction of the budget.

different managers, different budgets , different methods but DJ wasnt what the caviar football connoisseurs would call a modern progressive cliched philosopher re setter type either...signed a bunch of under performing delinquents relatively cheaply put square pegs in square holes and gave them reign.... ironically got criticised for getting more out of them by being more lenient than their previous and future more disciplinarian type managers ever did...

And he didn’t fist pump and pander to the fans either.

Straight talking.

His own worst enemy with his comments on the Derby.

If he has received Malky’s budget I think he would have put together a team that would have stayed in the premier league.

Re: We all wanted a clear out

Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:59 pm

The OP got it wrong but there will be those who see his beef...

Whilst a mini clear out was required, it shoukd have been done on the basid of ability/worth rather than finances

I've said before that this club, IMHO is being set up for sale and my opinion hasn't changed

Ironically, I spoke to a bona fide 'New' Wimbledon supporter (they came from behind to beat Oxford United 3-1 yesterday) on my way back from London last night and we discussed Sam and his merits...

Sam was idolised at 'Old' Wimbledon, just as he was at Cardiff, until he made the fatal error of selling to the wrong people...

We both agreed that his time at Cardiff was mainly successful but he (Sam) made fatal errors tuatvsaw his mainly positive tenure soured by his latter actions

He asked if I'd have him back? And I replied (borrowing someone elses comment) that if we could get Sam and VT to work together, we'd have a settled Premier League side in the Welsh capital that would hold its own...

His response? He agreed...! :ayatollah: