Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Statement “

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:50 am

“ STATEMENT “

Just where do I start. There was a lot going on yesterday with Cardiff City, but lets get the best bit out of the way, Keiffer did not go, Wolves offered £8m for him, the second offer, as we all know city turned them down.
If In the January window Wolves sell Traore to spurs which looks highly likely, then Wolves will be back in for Keiffer and will more than likely pay the £12m especiall if Wolves are near the bottom.

Now for the rest, it seems VT is fed up paying excess money out in wages for injured, injury prone and players that are not, putting the effort in, the main reason that Marley watkins was not given a contract is he comes under the banner of injury prone, it was all arranged to give him a contract done and dusted when the deal was cancelled, although Delman told Watkins the bad news, it was pulled by VT.
Ojo was one player we had lined to come to us but again VT said no.
All in all Staff at city are feeling let down as we had lots of players lined up!

Again, the player we had actually all but (signed) was a striker ( number 9) but VT pulled the deal after it had all been all agreed.

Wintle was sent out because one of our midfield players was going out on loan and that fell through once again due to his high wages so he was sent on loan until January to get game time.

All in all I believe that VT having lost quite a lot of money during the pandemic, is getting the finances of the club in order, and you really cannot blame him for that.

Jalil Rasheed has been brought in to do just that, and I feel that is the main reason for not getting players in.
I also believe that there is something in the wind regarding the purchse of FK sarajevo. As Jalil Rasheed was at pains to point out that we (City) have purchased FK not Berjaya corp.
Here is his statement
"Today, we (not Berjaya Corp) announced the acquisition of a controlling stake in Bosnian football club, FK Sarajevo (FKS)"

That is all the information I have been given :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Re: Statement

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:09 pm

So who was the striker?

I bet it must have been very frustrating for the club when VT pulled out of the deal.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:22 pm

Interesting about Ojo especially with the departure of Murphy which would have hopefully released some funds for a loan deal?

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:28 pm

To an extent you can understand not wanting to get hands burnt again with injured players, still a shame we didn’t get any additional loans in though.

Wonder what the thought process between the Sarajevo link is, does it make the club more investable, or simply allow for signings / loans.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:40 pm

davids wrote:Interesting about Ojo especially with the departure of Murphy which would have hopefully released some funds for a loan deal?

Read the statement again, VT is getting the finances in order after he and his company were hammered during the pandemic. If funds have been released due to JM's loan to Preston then that money is being used to balance the books.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:53 pm

Igovernor wrote:Just where do I start. There was a lot going on yesterday with Cardiff City, but lets get the best bit out of the way, Keiffer did not go, Wolves offered £8m for him, the second offer, as we all know city turned them down.
If In the January window Wolves sell Traore to spurs which looks highly likely, then Wolves will be back in for Keiffer and will more than likely pay the £12m especiall if Wolves are near the bottom.

Now for the rest, it seems VT is fed up paying excess money out in wages for injured, injury prone and players that are not, putting the effort in, the main reason that Marley watkins was not given a contract is he comes under the banner of injury prone, it was all arranged to give him a contract done and dusted when the deal was cancelled, although Delman told Watkins the bad news, it was pulled by VT.
All in all Staff at city are feeling let down as we had lots of players lined up!

Again, the player we had actually all but (signed) was a striker ( number 9) but VT pulled the deal after it had all been all agreed.

Wintle was sent out because one of our midfield players was going out on loan and that fell through once again due to his high wages so he was sent on loan until January to get game time.

All in all I believe that VT having lost quite a lot of money during the pandemic, is getting the finances of the club in order, and you really cannot blame him for that.

Jalil Rasheed has been brought in to do just that, and I feel that is the main reason for not getting players in.
I also believe that there is something in the wind regarding the purchse of FK sarajevo. As Jalil Rasheed was at pains to point out that we (City) have purchased FK not Berjaya corp.
Here is his statement
"Today, we (not Berjaya Corp) announced the acquisition of a controlling stake in Bosnian football club, FK Sarajevo (FKS)"

Roger, good read let’s hope a few of these youngsters become great players now the path to the first team has opened up.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:54 pm

Sounds like a let's stop and reset philosophy which is totally understandable if not frustrating for the clubs staff and fans? as far as the acquisition of another club goes can only be good in long run and maybe bringing in the new member on the board is prelude to other things happening at city in the future which hopefully will be positive

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:56 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Just where do I start. There was a lot going on yesterday with Cardiff City, but lets get the best bit out of the way, Keiffer did not go, Wolves offered £8m for him, the second offer, as we all know city turned them down.

Here is his statement

Roger, good read let’s hope a few of these youngsters become great players now the path to the first team has opened up.

Yes Karl, I really do hope the youngsters come good, they are the future :thumbup:

Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:04 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Here is his statement

I wonder if this is a step towards City being bought out by Berjaya? Or the co-buyer of FK Sarajevo (Ismir Mirvić) becoming more involved with CCFC?

Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:25 pm

Next summer will see the full extent of VT cost cutting, failure to invest in the required players next summer, could well lead to us being a division 1 club in the near future.

In my opinion VT surely is lining up a sale and there is no more money to be spent until this happens.

And if Dalman is being undermined by VT with his meddling, Dalman should have the balls to walk away.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:26 pm

Is there any clarification on this ownership of FK Sarajevo?

All news reports in Bosnia are stating that it is Tan and an American / Bosnian bloke.

Didn't know Tan sold Sarajevo back in 2019, to a Vietnamese businessman, only to now buy them back as they were in trouble.

Something sounds a bit odd here. I understand we could own them as a subsidiary of Tans businesses but where does the Bosnian guy fit.in?

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:28 pm

fred keenor wrote:Next summer will see the full extent of VT cost cutting, failure to invest in the required players next summer, could well lead to us being a division 1 club in the near future.

In my opinion VT surely is lining up a sale and there is no more money to be spent until this happens.

And if Dalman is being undermined by VT with his meddling, Dalman should have the balls to walk away.

What, with the kind of screw he's on?

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:28 pm

Wayne S wrote:Is there any clarification on this ownership of FK Sarajevo?

All news reports in Bosnia are stating that it is Tan and an American / Bosnian bloke.

Didn't know Tan sold Sarajevo back in 2019, to a Vietnamese businessman, only to now buy them back as they were in trouble.

Something sounds a bit odd here. I understand we could own them as a subsidiary of Tans businesses but where does the Bosnian guy fit.in?

more a case of him owning us and them than us owning them....

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:32 pm

skidemin wrote:

Agtee, but that is not what iGov has said. At pains to say we (City) own them and not Beryaja. Or is it a Tan venture outside of his company.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:42 pm

Wayne S wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Agtee, but that is not what iGov has said. At pains to say we (City) own them and not Beryaja. Or is it a Tan venture outside of his company.

im going by what has been released ..... and nowhere has it said we own Sarajevo but even if we do i struggle to see any great positive...its not a million miles away from owning a Welsh League club...

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:18 pm

skidemin wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
skidemin wrote:

im going by what has been released ..... and nowhere has it said we own Sarajevo but even if we do i struggle to see any great positive...its not a million miles away from owning a Welsh League club...

Absolutely. We are in total agreement.

I am looking for iGovernor to clarify why he thinks Cardiff City, as an entity, own Sarajevo.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:50 pm

Wayne S wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Absolutely. We are in total agreement.

I am looking for iGovernor to clarify why he thinks Cardiff City, as an entity, own Sarajevo.

Right this is what he has said, it was also on city's official site, the operative word here WE if it was not city then why say WE ? all he had to say was vt and imar bought the club!

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... ch&pto=aue

Also on twitter

https://twitter.com/jalilword/status/14 ... y-21438684

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:17 pm

Igovernor wrote:Right this is what he has said, it was also on city's official site, the operative word here WE if it was not city then why say WE ? all he had to say was vt and imar bought the club!

Also on twitter

Jalil Rasheed does quote 'we' but the second sentence says "The two new controlling shareholders will be TS Vincent Tan & Ismir Mirvic."

The 'we' could be a reference to VT & Ismir Mrvic?

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:24 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Right this is what he has said, it was also on city's official site, the operative word here WE if it was not city then why say WE ? all he had to say was vt and imar bought the club!

Also on twitter

Jalil Rasheed does quote 'we' but the second sentence says "The two new controlling shareholders will be TS Vincent Tan & Ismir Mirvic."

Roger
I read it as him and tan "we" have taken a controlling interest in the club? nowhere is city mentioned and is nothing to do with tans organisation that as links to city.... an odd state of affairs with the two individuals taking control rather than a company.... Curious to know what these two are planning?
Last edited by pembroke allan on Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: “ Statement “

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:25 pm

Roger,

I have it on very very good authority Wolves only offered £5mill.

And that’s from two people in the know.

Even Dalmans puppet Glen Williams even said they were so far apart .

So let’s not make out it was a high offer .

What happened to the two signings Tan was signing all these weeks??

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Also on twitter

Roger
I read it as him and tan "we" have taken a controlling interest in the club? nowhere is city mentioned and is nothing to do with tans organisation that as links to city.... an odd state of affairs with the two individuals taking control rather than a company.... Curious to know what these two are planning?

Well let's just say it's a bit ambiguous. :lol: Maybe due to translation, Jalil seeing himself as representing Tan or whatever.

Roger, I'm not questioning what you say just wondering if there was further info that clarified it, that's all.

I just reckon it's personally Tan buying clubs now and NOT as part of Berajya.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Well let's just say it's a bit ambiguous. :lol: Maybe due to translation, Jalil seeing himself as representing Tan or whatever.

Roger, I'm not questioning what you say just wondering if there was further info that clarified it, that's all.

I just reckon it's personally Tan buying clubs now and NOT as part of Berajya.

The tweet is definitely ambiguous and could have several interpretations and certainly something might have got lost in translation.

Tan has always invested in football clubs personally Berjaya have never had any involvement with any of VT's football clubs.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Roger,

Annis I have put out the figure with what i was told, which i take it as someone who was in the know, and as for the signings, the committe were working on them but VT stopped them, as he did with other potential signings i forgot to say that i was told the first offer was £5m!

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:08 pm

Igovernor wrote:

Annis I have put out the figure with what i was told, which i take it as someone who was in the know, and as for the signings, the committe were working on them but VT stopped them, as he did with other potential signings

Roger, Marley spoke out and stated his signing was blocked and others have by the sound of it. Club appears to be cutting wages and the push to younger players backs that up. Can’t be argued on both counts IMO and at the end of the day he pays the money.

Whatever age Kieffer is, he’s still an international, great in the air and can shoot with either foot.

If Wolves sell Traore to Spurs in January they are asking over 80m plus and all he has is speed and no end product! They will probably get more and if they come back in we will get the full amount. To me that starts at 15m nothing less.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:09 pm

Rob Phillips said on the radio tonight that Wolves offered £7mill last week for KM and reduced it yesterday to force Cardiff’s hand but they refused to sell....

As for VT cost cutting etc, I would do the same after the last 18months and reassess in January to see if it worth getting new players in if we are near top 6.....
Losing a million a month doesn’t make us an attractive proposition for investment.
This is where the Vassells and Tomlins are biting us on the arse ....dead money ....money which we badly need.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:35 pm

Igovernor wrote:“ STATEMENT “

Just where do I start. There was a lot going on yesterday with Cardiff City, but lets get the best bit out of the way, Keiffer did not go, Wolves offered £8m for him, the second offer, as we all know city turned them down.

Here is his statement

I am not one to bash Tan or the board and ‘red’ apart he has been good for the club on the whole. Could he have done things better - absolutely. Could things have been worse - certainly (just look at some of the other clubs).

One thing that I think he has made a mistake on though is not bringing in a top quality director of football; that might have allowed for better football decisions, more continuity, avoidance of continually buying players who are injury prone, maximising value of existing players and generally just bringing in a clear philosophy/strategy for the football side.

A decent investment in the short term, could have seen him get a much better return in the mid/long term. If the plan is a reset (which is clearly is), now is an even more important time to do that - we just won’t be as attractive as we might have been 10 years ago.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:07 am

Wolves are not interested in Moore as a replacement for Traore. Totally different players. Wolves interest in KM is as an option to their style.
Can't see in any way Cardiff City owning Sarajevo FC. Language ambiguous but the "we" is not Tans puppet thinking he is "we" with cardiff City. Its a "we" the Malaysian man and company I work for.
A Director of Football be a good move but only if recruitment fits a style of play. We are still very much a team and a squad of Warnocks mould and the decision really is are we sticking with that or not?

Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:32 am

I reckon the cost cutting did not go far enough , ie smithies vassell,Tomlin etc hence the opportunity for signings were blocked by VT.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:24 pm

fred keenor wrote:I reckon the cost cutting did not go far enough , ie smithies vassell,Tomlin etc hence the opportunity for signings were blocked by VT.

i dont think that VT honestly thought in his wildest dreams that tomlin and vassell were going anywhere....

Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:46 am

Igovernor wrote:

Annis I have put out the figure with what i was told, which i take it as someone who was in the know, and as for the signings, the committe were working on them but VT stopped them, as he did with other potential signings i forgot to say that i was told the first offer was £5m!

Thanks Roger :thumbright: :thumbright:

Yes Tan is stopping all real signings unless they are free and very very low wages.

Yes it was def £5mill as to increasing it I heard they never .

Tan would of taken £8mill I heard