Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joke of a club

Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:09 pm

50 years watching the city and feel at the mo it is hard work watching them. If Tan doesn't want the club sell to someone who wants to take us forward.

Re: Joke of a club

Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:14 pm

x grangetown wrote:50 years watching the city and feel at the mo it is hard work watching them. If Tan doesn't want the club sell to someone who wants to take us forward.

Like who mate? Hardly people queuing up.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:28 pm

x grangetown wrote:50 years watching the city and feel at the mo it is hard work watching them. If Tan doesn't want the club sell to someone who wants to take us forward.
stay off the beer in the Cross ffs,in the middle of a pandemic there not exactly queuing up to buy us

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:33 pm

That post is a joke.

No defender of Tan but this isn't even the worst cost cutting we have had.

The days when Slade was around were much worse.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:38 pm

wez1927 wrote:
stay off the beer in the Cross ffs,in the middle of a pandemic there not exactly queuing up to buy us

no harm in hoping mate....its not exactly aim for the stars and you might hit the moon is it...

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:40 pm

Just a few points needs clarification here......

50 years supporting and NOW it's hard work?

Which billionaire do you know that wants to buy us?

Have we bottomed out that Tan doesn't want us? He just bought back into another club, dont think he is bored with football just yet.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:45 pm

You may want to dig out the OP
But the facts are, fans are losing
Interest in going to games.
1000,s in fact.

I had a free ticket but stayed in the pub saturday, could not face the football after a crap week in work... When boys came back, and all they talked about was the shite football, poor tactics and gloom atmosphere. Not the loss.

Every year we brace ourselves for a tough season ahead. Woyldbt it be nice to look forward to a season and games again...

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:06 pm

If you remember some fans didn’t want the club taken forward. He tried in the early days but no one liked it.
It is what it is.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:30 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:

If you remember some fans didn’t want the club taken forward. He tried in the early days but no one liked it.
It is what it is.

if you remember , he did want to take us forward but in red... got promoted ,in fairness backed the manager , got relegated and then after a poor start the following season and having changed our colour with allsorts of promises then started to downgrade...

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:43 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

It is what it is.

if you remember , he did want to take us forward but in red... got promoted ,in fairness backed the manager , got relegated and then after a poor start the following season and having changed our colour with allsorts of promises then started to downgrade...

But we were promoted after that downgrad tho ?

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

It is what it is.

But we were promoted after that downgrad tho ?

.yeah we got lucky with a squad that nobody thought was good enough...and then bought a few decent championship players.. and when we got relegated no prem club wanted any of them which tells you how short we were....
i accept that it is what it is with Tan... but its more hope to get lucky than giving it a real go....

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:28 pm

I'm gobsmacked that a 'supporter' of 50 years plus chooses now as his worse time following the club... :o :shock:

No disrespect but perhaps you have suffered amnesia...? :?

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:31 pm

For arguments sake say Jeff Bezos bought us and put his fortune of $197billion at our disposal. It would do no good because we can't have losses of more than £13mpa.

We are already running close to that amount as VT is apparently covering losses of £1mpm.

You haven't yet understood the new way that football clubs have to operate. The days of finding a cheat around FFP are over just look at the shit Derby and Sheffield Wednesday are now in for trying to dodge the rules.

The lazy way of finding a new owner to blow a fortune getting promoted is over. We have to play clever.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:33 pm

Sven wrote:

I'm gobsmacked that a 'supporter' of 50 years plus chooses now as his worse time following the club... :o :shock:

No disrespect but perhaps you have suffered amnesia...? :?

Looking at when he joined and how many posts it looks as if he suffers from ripvan winkle syndrome by falling asleep between posts? Crazy when you think hes been supporter 50yrs and as so little to say about them on here since joined 12 years ago ? Very odd indeed :o

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:26 pm

eddiep wrote:You may want to dig out the OP
1000,s in fact.

I had a free ticket but stayed in the pub saturday, could not face the football after a crap week in work... When boys came back, and all they talked about was the shite football, poor tactics and gloom atmosphere. Not the loss.

Every year we brace ourselves for a tough season ahead. Woyldbt it be nice to look forward to a season and games again...

A good post on Mike Morris board the other day showed all Championship attendances are down v 2018/2019 which was the last full season before COVID - we had the 2nd lowest decline though at -6% which was the lowest decline (although compared to 17/18, our promotion season so as not to compare with PL season). Derby down -30%, Stoke down 20%, Swansea down 15% (plus many more in double digit decline). Only one team showing an increase which was QPR who are up 3%.

So if you are going to deal in ‘facts’ it might be helpful to put some context to it rather than trying to make it look like it’s an issue with us only.

Facts are that we are still in a pandemic and that is putting some people off - I know that from speaking to other ST holders who aren’t actually attending at the moment, despite having paid to do so. People have also been financially impacted by COVID so maybe football is lower on their priority list now.

As for the game, the football was better then it has been for a while and there was nothing wrong with the atmosphere. I’ll give you the tactics.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:11 pm

Blue78 wrote:
1000,s in fact.

A good post on Mike Morris board the other day showed all Championship attendances are down v 2018/2019 which was the last full season before COVID - we had the 2nd lowest decline though at -6% which was the lowest decline (although compared to 17/18, our promotion season so as not to compare with PL season). Derby down -30%, Stoke down 20%, Swansea down 15% (plus many more in double digit decline). Only one team showing an increase which was QPR who are up 3%.

So if you are going to deal in ‘facts’ it might be helpful to put some context to it rather than trying to make it look like it’s an issue with us only.

Facts are that we are still in a pandemic and that is putting some people off - I know that from speaking to other ST holders who aren’t actually attending at the moment, despite having paid to do so. People have also been financially impacted by COVID so maybe football is lower on their priority list now.

As for the game, the football was better then it has been for a while and there was nothing wrong with the atmosphere. I’ll give you the tactics.

Well said

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:22 pm

50 years supporting the Club?

I want to say grow up but your probably older than me.

We haven't been out of the top 2 divisions for 20 years

There have been some seriously bleak times to be a Cardiff fan but when we are sat in the top 8th of the second tier isn't one of them

I retract my earlier line, Grow the f**k up

Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:07 am

by RV Casual » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:22 am

50 years supporting the Club?

I want to say grow up but your probably older than me.

We haven't been out of the top 2 divisions for 20 years

There have been some seriously bleak times to be a Cardiff fan but when we are sat in the top 8th of the second tier isn't one of them

I retract my earlier line, Grow the f**k up

What you say is absolutely right and I feel that Vincent Tan has provided the finance to support us.

The only thing that I back "x grangetown" on is that we are far from being an exciting team to watch at the moment. I had been one of the dreamers believing that Tomlin might have appeared again or that we might have brought in someone else on loan to support Giles.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:43 pm

1000,s in fact.

You must have a very selective memory mate. It was only last season that we signed Keiffer Moore, Harry Wilson and Ojo. The board was buzzing in anticipation of the season ahead, even allowing for the effect of the pandemic.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:33 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
1000,s in fact.

You must have a very selective memory mate. It was only last season that we signed Keiffer Moore, Harry Wilson and Ojo. The board was buzzing in anticipation of the season ahead, even allowing for the effect of the pandemic.

Always look forward to new season its after 20 odd games it may wain depending on how well we play or where we are in table But always there until the end. :bluescarf:

Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:15 pm

I see where the OP is coming from, but the last 20 years has been some of the most successful this club has seen. We’re only 4 games into the season.

I remember standing in the Bob bank and seeing us left battered by Cambridge as a kid in the 90s. Most in here can probably think of ever worse times haha

Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:01 pm

Ye me people on here who know me been there for years when shit. Done over 100 grounds watching city away missed weddings come home from holidays early to watch them and one last thing I will still be going home and some away.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:16 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
1000,s in fact.

Also it was only a few seasons ago we beat Villa 3-0 in the opening home match of our promotion season and the buzz around the place pre game, during and after was phenomenal!

Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:11 pm

Followed city a similar amount of time and the club aint a joke .....
One of the better grounds in the championship and still a decent following despite tough times outside football.
We play at a decent level and have done for years now ....better than Torquay Utd away etc in the old Div 3 days
Ok , football isnt great at times but seen worse and there are far worse owners than Tan around....look at Sheff Wed and N Forest...and we have some decent youngsters starting to come through from the academy .
Be careful what u wish for ....I remember Charlton fans wanted shot of Alan Curbishley and new owners so they could 'push ' on.
Look what a mess they ended up in

Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:51 pm

Top 6 challenge and Im happy. Missing the Dave jones era to be honest.

Yes, we were always short in getting up. But boy we were entertained and not this garbage we been served up .

Not just a MM issue but our DNA over last few years is shite football.

Highs and lows of football I guess.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:49 am

x grangetown wrote:Ye me people on here who know me been there for years when shit. Done over 100 grounds watching city away missed weddings come home from holidays early to watch them and one last thing I will still be going home and some away.

I suppose if we read between the lines the above is almost an apology for the opening post ;)

Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:39 pm

x grangetown wrote:Ye me people on here who know me been there for years when shit. Done over 100 grounds watching city away missed weddings come home from holidays early to watch them and one last thing I will still be going home and some away.

So...???? :?

We weren't questioning your commitment; just your timing/judgement and we are still waiting for some justifiable reasoning... ;)

Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:19 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:That post is a joke.

No defender of Tan but this isn't even the worst cost cutting we have had.

The days when Slade was around were much worse.

Everyone slags slade off. I've no idea why as he was cost cutting to or wasn't given much money yet we slate him. He wasn't given malkys money or ole gunnar money to work with.

Slade 86 games 37.2% win rate
There's only Malky above him if you go off games played to ratio over a time span. Yet he had millions on end wasted on players and so did Ole gunnar with a 30% win rate although Mm got us up so he's a god to some. I bet most managers would have got us up with the budget he had tbh. Although personally I wish dave Jones had been given the funds them pair got despite his boring ways its the best football attacking wise I've seen under the last 10 managers in truth but who knows where that would of took us :bluescarf: