Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Derby!! ‘

Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:53 pm

Derby county charged for not paying transfer installments.

Thursday 2nd September 2021

When will this club be punished for continuing to rack uo charges? (5 now!) Surely they deserve points deduction at least?

Re: Derby!!

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:14 pm

They're pushing their luck now.

EFL were already looking for a reason to give them a points deduction after losing their appeal to increase their latest punishment.

Expect it will almost certainly happen now.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:45 pm

They keep getting away with shit so they're going to keep trying their luck until the limit of what they can get away with is found. Snowgate was the tip of the iceberg :roll:

Re: ‘ Derby!! ‘

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:56 pm

I was talking to someone on finances at our club they reckon clubs like Derby and Reading by the end of the this season they will def have points deducted :thumbright:

Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:32 pm

And thats why we should be grateful that City are trying to avoid these positions by cost cutting !!!!!!! :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:38 pm

I feel sorry for my brother in law.
He's a, season ticket holder at, Derby.
He was down here when we put 6 past Derby.
Fair play he took it in good part.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:18 pm

Oh bless, my heart reaches out to them .

Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:I was talking to someone on finances at our club they reckon clubs like Derby and Reading by the end of the this season they will def have points deducted :thumbright:

And so they should, didn't realise reading were in same boat tbf, but I think as I said last year, a few clubs are still sailing too close to the wind imho, not sure which, but covid has had a massive impact, and we are just starting to see the ripples starting.
I for one am glad the hierarchy have acted with prudence, or we could well have been in the same boat?? I hope the points are for the current season this time around , and not after season ends, if it puts them in bottom 3, tough shit! :old: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:46 am

Hopefully a relegation party for Derby at Pride Park on the final day of the season pending there's no snow!

Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:30 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:They're pushing their luck now.

EFL were already looking for a reason to give them a points deduction after losing their appeal to increase their latest punishment.

Expect it will almost certainly happen now.

Ned there are two charges against them and one pending when they get their backdated accounts in!
1) all to do with the registration of players which they were fined £100k and no points deduction( Derby did not appeal this)
2) Non payments of transfer fees, and
3) the most serious one which is they submitted accounts for 2016/2107/2018 which the EFL said they were all incorrect.

They have yet to provide these new revised accounts. This is the big one for them, I understand it is all to do with the FFP rules and to do with the selling of their stadium, which at the time appeared dodgy, as it seems it was all to do with getting around the FFP rules. At the time the EFL said there was nothing wrong with it, but when they saw those accounts, the EFL were not happy with them..

When the EFL have the new accounts and the EFL find they have done wrong using false or wrong information in said accounts,then that is going to be a very hefty points deduction and a massive fine.

Derby have reported a pre-tax profit of £14.6m after selling their Pride Park stadium to owner Mel Morris for £80
The Rams have leased back the ground, which was independently valued but on the club's books as an asset worth £41m, from a company owned by Morris.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47789258.amp

Very dodgy indeed :thumbup:

Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:45 pm

If Shrek had any bottle/morals, he'd walk now...

But we forget he's lower than a snake's belly and his morals are lower than a 'Jack'

Hmmm, now there would be a match made in heaven...! ;) :laughing6:

Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:20 pm

Sven wrote:If Shrek had any bottle/morals, he'd walk now...

But we forget he's lower than a snake's belly and his morals are lower than a 'Jack'

Hmmm, now there would be a match made in heaven...! ;) :laughing6:

Chris completely agree, but there is no way he will give up the money he is grabbing, no way will he walk, that is the type of person he is, and what does it say for his wife putting up with the granny shagger :lol: Money above morals all day for him and her :thumbup: