Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cardiff City deadline-day bulletin as Bluebirds “

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:27 pm

Cardiff City deadline-day bulletin as Bluebirds emerge keeping Kieffer Moore, but Murphy joined Preston and their were no new signings.

The summer transfer window has finally closed including loan signings.

Many fans were disappointed not to see any strengthening of the Bluebirds squad, but McCarthy has made it clear he is more than happy with the squad he has.

By Glen Williams

Thursday 2nd September 2021

As the clock ticked past 11pm on transfer deadline day, there was an almost audible sigh of relief from the entirety of Cardiff City's fan base.

The Bluebirds managed to keep hold of their star striker, Kieffer Moore, despite late attempts by Wolves to take him.

Wolves held conversations with Cardiff over the transfer of Moore, but the two clubs were understood to be way apart in their valuations of the player.

Cardiff wanted a fee in the region of £12m if they were to let him go, a number Wolves thought was far too high. But the Bluebirds held firm, with Wolves offering only £5m , so kept their most valuable asset.

Both clubs were so far apart on the value of Welsh International Kieffer Moore, Wolves even wanted to pay the £5m over three years.

Although there were no incomings on the final day of the window, keeping hold of the Welshman will feel as good, if not better, than any signing they could have made following his 20-goal debut season at Cardiff City Stadium.

Deadline day also saw interest in two other players.

It is understood that Sheffield United had broached Cardiff about signing Alex Smithies after their goalkeeper, Aaron Ramsdale, was snapped up by Arsenal.

But that move never materialised as City wanted money for him.

But a move loan move for Josh Murphy did, and the winger joined the Deepdale outfit for the 2021/22 season with Preston having to pay 50% of his wages.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Cardiff City deadline-day bulletin as Bluebirds “

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:31 pm

Did Dalman write this positive spin :-)

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:33 pm

fred keenor wrote:Did Dalman write this positive spin :-)

I have said to Glen and Paul Abb on numerous occasions that they only write what Dalman tells them and the answer I get is, we can’t afford to fall out with them.

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Did Dalman write this positive spin :-)

I have said to Glen and Paul Abb on numerous occasions that they only write what Dalman tells them and the answer I get is, we can’t afford to fall out with them.

Can't afford to have any journalistic integrity is what they really mean.