Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mick McCarthy!!

Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:47 pm

I’ve been a bit critical of Mick’s style of football to be honest but who do I bump into over here in Portugal?
Haha the man himself!

Re: Mick McCarthy!!

Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:48 am

Did you put him straight on a few things?

Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:33 am

davids wrote:Did you put him straight on a few things?

yep..no doubt dinosaur..reset..hoofball.. philosophy.. were the first 4 words...

Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:01 am

skidemin wrote:

yep..no doubt dinosaur..reset..hoofball.. philosophy.. were the first 4 words...

Absolutely mate.

I don’t know why but he just frowned at me :?
:laughing5:

Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:06 am

Perhaps we are going down the wolves route at last with some Portuguese signings.
Or perhaps he' s gone to watch a game in Portugal to see how they do it
"string more than 4 passes together."

Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:22 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Absolutely mate.

yep....
met him a few times , always down to earth always genuine....

Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:07 pm

skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Absolutely mate.

yep....

To be fair I like him as a person myself and always very polite :thumbright:

But I don’t think we will achieve anything with his negative football.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Absolutely mate.

yep....

I tend to agree although it worked for Mackay.

I think this is a “steady the ship” season because of the pandemic for many clubs, in that position I would think McCarthy is as good as anyone to have in place.

Let’s see what the season brings us but I foresee a big change next summer with so many players out of contract.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:14 pm

Mick's nice guy when you meet him and exceptionally polite; but he has a life away from football and on times he may not want to discuss...

A friend of mine (and a mutual friend of BluebirdOctober1962) was in Sarasota a few years ago and had a chat with Graeme Souness in a restaurant. All was well until he (my friend) brought up football...

"I come here to get away from football", he said and that was that...!

Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:18 pm

Sven wrote:Mick's nice guy when you meet him and exceptionally polite; but he has a life away from football and on times he may not want to discuss...

A friend of mine (and a mutual friend of BluebirdOctober1962) was in Sarasota a few years ago and had a chat with Graeme Souness in a restaurant. All was well until he (my friend) brought up football...

Yup. I’ve heard that story too Chris.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:11 pm

Sven wrote:Mick's nice guy when you meet him and exceptionally polite; but he has a life away from football and on times he may not want to discuss...

Don't blame him mate.

Roy Keane said recently that the best fans are the ones who respect you and leave you be, he said its nice when he's walking his dog and people just say hello to him rather than waving their phone in his face

Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:28 pm

I have to say Craig Bellamy was in Santa Ponsa this Summer where his 2nd home is now and i had breakfast with him about 7 times and when ever football fans came over Bells was always polite and would chat to everyone about football, he lives breaths it :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have to say Craig Bellamy was in Santa Ponsa this Summer where his 2nd home is now and i had breakfast with him about 7 times and when ever football fans came over Bells was always polite and would chat to everyone about football, he lives breaths it :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fair play to Bellamy.

But not all players/managers want that.

As said above Roy Keane likes to be left in peace and he loves football just as much as anyone else.

I think people should leave them alone if they don't want to talk, it is their holiday after all.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:26 pm

montyblue wrote:Perhaps we are going down the wolves route at last with some Portuguese signings.
Or perhaps he' s gone to watch a game in Portugal to see how they do it
"string more than 4 passes together."

Or maybe, and I know this might sound crazy but hear me out:

He's gone on holiday.

Wolves' method is working great though, must have had about 20 shots without scoring against Man Utd the other day :lol: :lol:

Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:59 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Absolutely mate.

yep....

I tend to agree although it worked for Mackay.

I think this is a “steady the ship” season because of the pandemic for many clubs, in that position I would think McCarthy is as good as anyone to have in place.

Let’s see what the season brings us but I foresee a big change next summer with so many players out of contract.

I think many a manager would get us up with the budget Malky had.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:32 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I knew you would have, mate... :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:15 am

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

:thumbup:
I think he managed to get out of him that Michael Chopra was a top striker (think it was the first year he was with us).
I’m meeting up with him on Saturday so I’ll remind him mate. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:02 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

:thumbup:
I think he managed to get out of him that Michael Chopra was a top striker (think it was the first year he was with us).
I’m meeting up with him on Saturday so I’ll remind him mate. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:21 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I have to say Craig Bellamy was in Santa Ponsa this Summer where his 2nd home is now and i had breakfast with him about 7 times and when ever football fans came over Bells was always polite and would chat to everyone about football, he lives breaths it :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fair play to Bellamy.

But not all players/managers want that.

As said above Roy Keane likes to be left in peace and he loves football just as much as anyone else.

I think people should leave them alone if they don't want to talk, it is their holiday after all.

Yes we are all different Ned :thumbright:

Another player who goes out of his way no matter what is Sol Bamba :thumbright:

Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:38 pm

…….or he’s gone to find Tomlin.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:39 pm

OliverTwistCymru wrote:…….or he’s gone to find Tomlin.

:lol:

Burger King or McDonald’s