Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ UNHAPPY AS SOME PLAYERS SAY NO “

Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:24 am

DO YOU THINK ALL PLAYERS SHOULD HAVE VACCINES?

Apparently some Cardiff have said No as well.

Michael Flynn unhappy with Newport County players who turned down vaccine as Covid-19 outbreak throws plans into chaos

The Exiles boss will be without a number of first team players ahead of his side's clash with Leyton Orient this weekend.

By Tom Coleman

Saturday 4th September 2021

Newport County boss Michael Flynn is set to be without seven players ahead of his side's clash with Leyton Orient this weekend due to a Covid-19 outbreak.

Four members of Flynn's squad have tested positive, while another three are set to miss out after coming into close contact with the quartet.

Flynn is back in the County dugout this weekend a week after recovering from the virus himself, and has refused to name the most of the players involved, in a bid to keep Saturday's opponents guessing.

However, Wales under-21s star Lewis Collins has been confirmed as one of those to miss out.

Collins was due to travel with his international team-mates, but was too young to have his second jab in time, meaning he too will have to isolate for the full period after being named as a close contact of one of the other Covid victims.

"I won’t name them because they will know who’s missing tomorrow,” Flynn added.

"But I will give one name and this is how unfortunate we have been.

"Lewis Collins has had two jabs and was going to go away with Wales Under-21s but he only had his second jab 10 days before he was in close contact with one of the other players.

"In the rules you have to be two weeks post-second jab. He has been so unfortunate."

However, Flynn's sympathy appears to otherwise be in short supply, with two of the players now self-isolating previously refusing to be to be inoculated.

Had those players been double-jabbed by now, as many of the squad have been, then they would have been free to play after testing negative.

"One or two of them have got to isolate because they haven't been double jabbed," Flynn continued.

“It’s a decision they have got to live with. They decided not to have the jab and every time they come into close contact with a positive case they will miss at least 10 days of football.

“I’m certainly not happy with the situation, but I’ve got to let players make their own decisions. If they are happy doing that then it's not going to help them going forward.

“I’m just happy I was double jabbed when I caught COVID because I hate to think how I would have felt without that protection. I was really bad for three or four days – aching, sweating and shaking – and it really wiped me out.

"We can field a team and I am not into trying to get any advantage through it.

"Until this, I would say we’ve had the best Covid record in the Football League. We haven’t had one game called off and we only had one player who’d had it, but that was away from the group."

Flynn missed the 8-0 Carabao Cup hammering by Southampton and the 3-0 League Two defeat at Salford City, but was back for the 2-0 midweek win over Plymouth Argyle in the Football League Trophy.

“I had to sit down throughout the 90 minutes and I couldn’t shout at the players, but it was good to be back,” said Flynn.

“I wasn’t too bothered about the Southampton result because we made a lot of errors, had a weakened team and they were excellent. But the Salford game was extremely disappointing.

“I was on the phone to Jim Holman, our goalkeeping coach, eight times during the match. I was fuming because that wasn’t us.

“Then I discovered that some of the players felt really run down and low on energy. Then we had the COVID cases.

“We’ve just got to draw a line under it all and move on. We only have 18 or 19 to pick from for this weekend, but I am still confident we will have a team that is good enough to win the game.”

Flynn will be hoping his squad can move move on, and build on what he still insists is “an unbelievable start” to the season.

“We’ve won four out of seven and we’ve only had two games at home. We’ve got a 50% record in one cup competition, 50% in the league and we’re unbeaten in another cup,” he added.

Orient did the double over County in the league last season, but were one of the Welsh club’s victims in yet another good run in the FA Cup. They will head to Rodney Parade on the back of a 2-0 win at home over Bradford.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ UNHAPPY AS SOME PLAYERS SAY NO “

Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:40 am

I think most people now know the facts Annis, namely:

The double jab will not stop you catching Covid.

The double jab will not stop you transmitting Covid.

What will stop you doing your job, in this case playing a game of football, is rules and regulations made up by either your employer, controlling body or the Government.

I guess that has always been the case, but this actually shows how ridiculous our country has become. Trying to control movement or employment by pretending they can control a virus. Any virologist will tell you that this is impossible. :bluebird:

Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:57 am

TheHangedMan wrote:I think most people now know the facts Annis, namely:

What will stop you doing your job, in this case playing a game of football, is rules and regulations made up by either your employer, controlling body or the Government.

I guess that has always been the case, but this actually shows how ridiculous our country has become. Trying to control movement or employment by pretending they can control a virus. Any virologist will tell you that this is impossible. :bluebird:

Your very correct in what you say ..... but his point is that 4 or 5 of them have to isolate because they were not vaccinated? if they were they would not be missing game as they tested negative and as you know if double vaccinated 14 days before
contact you dont have to isolate if deemed a close contact. this is why moore is missing from wales as he as not been vaccinated...unfortunately its their team mates and club that suffer the consequences of not being vaccinated.... but it's a their choice so nothing can do about it

Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:46 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Your very correct in what you say ..... but his point is that 4 or 5 of them have to isolate because they were not vaccinated? if they were they would not be missing game as they tested negative and as you know if double vaccinated 14 days before
contact you dont have to isolate if deemed a close contact. this is why moore is missing from wales as he as not been vaccinated...unfortunately its their team mates and club that suffer the consequences of not being vaccinated.... but it's a their choice so nothing can do about it

AKA as blackmail......
a vaccinated squad members can have caught the virus pass it on and ultimately kill someone = carry on as normal no isolation.... makes loads of sense.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:48 am

The only good thing is that you might not end up on a ventilator if you’ve been double jabbed.

It’s all a personal thing having a vaccine but if your mixing with others that have had their double jabs it shows a complete disrespect to those people. If you can show that disrespect it doesn’t hurt you to lose money or be set aside.

It’s about time it was brought in “No jab No job” and remove access to the NHS for COVID. You can still keep your choice but with less money and being treated for it thus avoiding putting unnecessary hospital staff through more hardship.

I’m surprised the NHS is still going and that staff are hanging on.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:20 am

Pulisnewport wrote:

The only good thing is that you might not end up on a ventilator if you’ve been double jabbed.

It’s all a personal thing having a vaccine but if your mixing with others that have had their double jabs it shows a complete disrespect to those people. If you can show that disrespect it doesn’t hurt you to lose money or be set aside.

It’s about time it was brought in “No jab No job” and remove access to the NHS for COVID. You can still keep your choice but with less money and being treated for it thus avoiding putting unnecessary hospital staff through more hardship.

could give them yellow stars too...jail even :?

Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:29 am

skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Not surprised by your answer!

Forgot it’s Saturday, off school

Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:35 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

yep :thumbup: ...btw i think my mate is your form teacher ..said he has someone with a napoleon complex who is convinced he is ITK in his adults sand castle class... just has to be you ....

Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:38 am

skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Yellow stars...????? :o :shock: :roll:

Not quite the same, fella; and a poor attempt at an analogy that just shows you up again...! :oops:

Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:42 am

skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

yep :thumbup: ...btw i think my mate is your form teacher ..said he has someone with a napoleon complex who is convinced he is ITK in his adults sand castle class....

I’ve certainly forgotten more than you know!

Your just a City bashing keyboard warrior sat in your bedroom oblivious to life trying to spout knowledge.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:12 pm

Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Not quite the same, fella; and a poor attempt at an anal9gy that just shows you up again...! :oops:

Poor attempt? Comparing getting a vaccine to the murder of millions is a bit more than a poor attempt.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:18 pm

As people can both catch and pass on the virus after having both jabs, but apparently normally suffer much milder symptoms not requiring hospitalization.

So if somebody decides not to have the jabs and are prepared to take the personal risk then that's fine by me so long as they are also prepared to agree that if they do subsequently catch covid and need to go to hospital they will not jump the queue of others who require cancer treatment or treatment for other chronic conditions that are already in a very long queue.

If they are not prepared to agree to that then what sort of people are they that they are quite happy to make others suffer so long as they are all right? :?: :?: :?:

Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:36 pm

I reckon a hell of a lot of players don't care if they miss games as long as they get paid.
To quote Riyad Mahrez
"The lads at City don't watch other teams' matches on TV. They don't give a s*** about them," he was purported to have said.
"Plenty of times in the dressing-room I've heard certain others asking: 'What happened in the game last night?'
"But if you are a footballer, you shouldn't be coming in the next morning and asking what the result was in yesterday's game.
"I have friends who are footballers, yet they don't like football. They play it because they are obliged to, and because there is big money involved.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:50 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Not quite the same, fella; and a poor attempt at an analogy that just shows you up again...! :oops:

Poor attempt? Comparing getting a vaccine to the murder of millions is a bit more than a poor attempt.

You're right; and dealt with accordingly...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:03 pm

Sven wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

I think this poster skidemin feels he has to comment on virtually every subject and every thread on here.
That’s his choice and some of his football chat is ok.
He’s well out of order here though.

For me, I believe every grown person should have a choice whether they have the vaccine.
It shouldn’t be made mandatory or they shouldn’t be ‘blackmailed’ as the government are trying to do.

Human rights are being eroded slowly. I’m dead against that.
Footballers should 100% have the choice.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:31 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

I think this poster skidemin feels he has to comment on virtually every subject and every thread on here.
That’s his choice and some of his football chat is ok.
He’s well out of order here though.

For me, I believe every grown person should have a choice whether they have the vaccine.
It shouldn’t be made mandatory or they shouldn’t be ‘blackmailed’ as the government are trying to do.

Human rights are being eroded slowly. I’m dead against that.
Footballers should 100% have the choice.

Well said, as usual, on all points, Paul... :thumbup: :thumbup:

I try to take every post on its merits (agrre with them or not) and this character does put some decent stuff out there; but of late, it's negative and/or just plain daft...

I can say with some certainty, this isn't his first name on here either... ;)

Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:46 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Not quite the same, fella; and a poor attempt at an anal9gy that just shows you up again...! :oops:

I don’t think he was doing that at all.

I think he meant that the way people are acting for those not vaccinated is akin to the Nazis making sure the Jews were highlighted to others with yellow stars.

I completely disagree with him but he wasn’t likening it to the Holocaust.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:55 pm

Spot on, the governments ridiculous, ineffective rules have and continue to be a big problem. Take it or don’t - it’s your choice and it’s their choice too. It’s very backwards and worrying to be forcing medical procedures on people they don’t want or need.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:10 pm

mjw6150 wrote:

Spot on, the governments ridiculous, ineffective rules have and continue to be a big problem. Take it or don’t - it’s your choice and it’s their choice too. It’s very backwards and worrying to be forcing medical procedures on people they don’t want or need.

Is a vaccine a medical procedure?

Plus, being vaccinated reduces your chances of catching it as well and reduces your chances of spreading it.

Are you happy that they have banned smoking in pubs??

Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:31 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Do you know everyone at a game? Do you know they have all been "double jabbed?"

For those who cannot be vaccinated? You paint a picture wgere we should not mix with others? Be denied treatment, be cast aside with less money, under the umbrella of the non vaccinated? If not,I could well bump into you at a game, should I never attend another game?

God, im lucky to have had the CHOICE removed for me in honesty, because for making whats percieved by some, the wrong decision, people have turned "ugly" towards others!!
And to name players would be wrong, its not a crime if they chose not to have it, or is it now????
CCFC!

Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:35 pm

maccydee wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:

Is a vaccine a medical procedure?

Plus, being vaccinated reduces your chances of catching it as well and reduces your chances of spreading it.

Are you happy that they have banned smoking in pubs??

Your last statement, purported as a question, is so inane to this topic. Stick to your football bullshit, you obviously have total disregard to human rights. :bluebird:

Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:02 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:I think most people now know the facts Annis, namely:

For those who cannot be vaccinated? You paint a picture wgere we should not mix with others? Be denied treatment, be cast aside with less money, under the umbrella of the non vaccinated? If not,I could well bump into you at a game, should I never attend another game?

God, im lucky to have had the CHOICE removed for me in honesty, because for making whats percieved by some, the wrong decision, people have turned "ugly" towards others!!
And to name players would be wrong, its not a crime if they chose not to have it, or is it now????
CCFC!

Their actions are going to cause more problems for the future unfortunately.

I don’t have any sympathy for people who’ve chosen not to have the vaccine and are in hospital they are lucky to get treated.

People who can’t have it and those who’ve had to cancel surgery for serious illness I do.

How selfish some people are.

Just remember a lot of those who have chosen not to have the vaccine would willing take a vaccination to visit another country if required.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:17 pm

I’ve had the vaccine.
As I write this I’m sat beside my pool in Portugal with the sun out.

That’s the main reason I’ve decided to have it.
I’m a traveller.

However, I fully support the people who decide against it.
Everybody should have their own choice in matters like this.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:02 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

CCFC!

I don’t have any sympathy for people who’ve chosen not to have the vaccine and are in hospital they are lucky to get treated.

People who can’t have it and those who’ve had to cancel surgery for serious illness I do.

Just remember a lot of those who have chosen not to have the vaccine would willing take a vaccination to visit another country if required.

I dont get it though? How are they creating problems,when its ckear the virus can still be passed on by a fully vaccinated person? I went to bith millwall and bristol city games, so im selfish? No offence, but sympathy doesnt cut it for myself, I cant have it, buf should suffer for it? I should not be doing what others are? I should,according to you stay away from family & friends who have had their jabs? Dont forget, people who have been double jabbed, are still dying too.leave yhose who chose not to have it have their choice respected, not villified, this vitus has done enough damage, besides the deaths, people turning on one another over choices!!

Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:17 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

CCFC!

I dont get it though? How are they creating problems,when its ckear the virus can still be passed on by a fully vaccinated person? I went to bith millwall and bristol city games, so im selfish? No offence, but sympathy doesnt cut it for myself, I cant have it, buf should suffer for it? I should not be doing what others are? I should,according to you stay away from family & friends who have had their jabs? Dont forget, people who have been double jabbed, are still dying too.leave yhose who chose not to have it have their choice respected, not villified, this vitus has done enough damage, besides the deaths, people turning on one another over choices!!

Not seen one person who didn't have vaccine say I'm glad i didn't have vaccine after contracting virus ? In fact they all say I wish i had the vaccine now! It is a free choice but cannot hide fact that being vaccinated reduces your chances of dying and being hospitalised? present figures for deaths and hospitalisation underscore this fact.... whilst I agree it is a personal choice and I've not got a problem with it.....I certainly dont have any sympathy for those deliberately not having vaccine being restricted in what they can do like go to nightclubs ect ect when vaccine passports come in which they will undoubtedly .
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:19 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

CCFC!

How so?

Someone smoking around you can cause you health issues.

An unvaccinated person with a high viral load of covid can cause you health issues.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:14 pm

It's right that the footballing authorities are not ordering players to have their vaccines.

I've had both of my Moderna vaccines, didn't think twice about it.

But not everyone wants to have it, and that should be fine.

People use the smoking comparison and that's quite right. I've been smoking since I was 13 (nearly 16 years), and theres obviously been times where I'll be smoking around other people - I smoke 25/30 a day. I wouldn't want people who don't know me to judge me because I'm smoking and they may inhale that smoke.

By the same token, it would be wrong for me to judge people for not having the vaccine and passing the virus on to others.

That point still stands, despite the fact that the vaccine doesn't even stop you getting the virus. It just reduces the risk of having significant problems, which is already very low in most people.

So if I'm smoking in the street and a non-smoker walks past and inhales that smoke, there is no difference between that and someone walking past me and catching the virus off me.

Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:32 pm

It saddens me that some people think they can dictate to others what they do with their own body. The only time I've read about this type of thing related to 1930's, Berlin, Germany.

I am stunned and utterley bemused by some posters on here.......and I mean stunned. I'm not telling you what to do, but be very careful if you wish to tell everybody else what to do. :bluebird:

Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:44 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

yep :thumbup: ...btw i think my mate is your form teacher ..said he has someone with a napoleon complex who is convinced he is ITK in his adults sand castle class....

I’ve certainly forgotten more than you know!

Your just a City bashing keyboard warrior sat in your bedroom oblivious to life trying to spout knowledge.

Karl you have hit the nail on the head here got him down to a "T" :laughing5:

Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:45 pm

Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Chris he is always the same, not really a city fan, no matter what he says :thumbup: