Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Belarus lead " Belarus v Wales - " MATCH THREAD

Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Hopefully I'll be proved wrong, but Brennan Johnson and Rubin Colwill have been two of our better players in the the second half - especially Johnson, who is a goal threat.

No idea what made Page replace both of them this early.

More energy ? Got lots possession but foing absolutely nothing eith it no threat at all... now a penalty to Wales 2-2 bale

Johnson was our most dangerous player on the pitch and was making things happen.

Not having crowd doesn't help but bale getting more involved only one winner here but have we got what it takes to get winner?

Don't say that Allan, we're bound to lose 3-2 now :lol:

Re: All square " Belarus v Wales - " MATCH THREAD

Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:37 pm

Bale wanted another penalty for a push on him, but the referee didn't agree.

Rob Page also warned by the referee for his complaints.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:48 pm

Bale went close with a free kick that went just wide.

Ward then makes a good save to deny Lisakovich.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:53 pm

Wales take the lead in the 93rd minute.

Mark Harris had his effort cleared off the line, the ball eventually fell to Dan James who passed it to Gareth Bale to get his hattrick.

A big, big goal for us.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Wales take the lead in the 93rd minute.

Mark Harris had his effort cleared off the line, the ball eventually fell to Dan James who passed it to Gareth Bale to get his hattrick.

A big, big goal for us.

Got out of jail! Finished way we started and should have done in 1st place... now Estonia wed I'll be there.. :occasion5:
Ps need a 5 nil win wed or we are going to come 2nd.
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: " Wales beat Belarus in the last minute "

Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:56 pm

A hattrick from Gareth Bale gives Wales a 3-2 win over Belarus in Kazan :thumbright:

Wales got away with one in this game, but it's a big win.

FULL TIME: BELARUS 3-2 WALES

Gareth Bale, 5th minute (penalty)

Vitali Lisakovich, 29th minute (penalty)

Pavel Sedko, 31st minute

HALF TIME: BELARUS 2-1 WALES

Gareth Bale, 69th minute (penalty)

Gareth Bale, 93rd minute

Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

A big, big goal for us.

Got out of jail! Finished way we started and should have done in 1st place... now Estonia wed I'll be there.. :occasion5:

Can't see us getting anything better than 2nd from this group, maybe even 3rd.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:03 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:A hattrick from Gareth Bale gives Wales a 3-2 win over Belarus in Kazan :thumbright:

Wales got away with one in this game, but it's a big win.

FULL TIME: BELARUS 3-2 WALES

Gareth Bale, 5th minute (penalty)

Vitali Lisakovich, 29th minute (penalty)

Pavel Sedko, 31st minute

HALF TIME: BELARUS 2-1 WALES

Gareth Bale, 69th minute (penalty)

Gareth Bale, 93rd minute

Ned seen Goal difference ? Belgium something like +15 we are 00000 :lol: playoffs beckons unless we win every game and they at least draw one game

Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:04 pm

Didnt deserve to lose but didnt deserve to win either. Could end up being a crucial 3 points though! Cutting edge in the final 3rd is still our downfall. I think Moore is big miss with these sorts of games.

I do not rate Page at all mind.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:08 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

A big, big goal for us.

Just put it down Belgium +15 so unless they drop at least a point from remaining games ... we need to win them all ... but we are 99% have a place in playoffs through nations league regardless of this qualifying group finish.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:31 pm

We missed Moore big time, this is the kinda game he would've done well in. Belarus were quite a physical side and seemed to nick the ball of us quite a bit and Kieffer is very good at keeping the ball from big players. With Moore playing I reckon we win that quite comfortably

Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:31 pm

We were cruising at 1 nil then after they scored their pen our defence looked a shambles ..nice to see mark Harris come on and as bale said on sky sports..he made a difference but overall very lucky to win that game..but a win is a win .onto the next one on Wednesday

Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:40 pm

I thought the same about taking Johnson and Colwill off but in fairness Jonniesta and Harris played on the front foot from the moment they came on and dragged us back into it. Not a great performance, but its three points after what has been a bit of a nightmare trip.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:45 pm

Unfortunately Page is out of his depth but we got away with this one today.I know we were withhout a lot of players today but we don’t look a good team,we need a new manager or even Giggs back if found not guilty.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

A big, big goal for us.

Just put it down Belgium +15 so unless they drop at least a point from remaining games ... we need to win them all ... but we are 99% have a place in playoffs through nations league regardless of this qualifying group finish.

Won't be surprised if Czech Republic take points off then later though. They drew in Prague.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:00 pm

I thought we were already had a playoff place due to winning are nation league group? Anyone able to clear this up

Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:02 pm

Pencoed wrote:I thought we were already had a playoff place due to winning are nation league group? Anyone able to clear this up

It would take very unusual results that wont of shouldn't happen to stop us being given playoff place via nations league given where we finished in competition.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

A big, big goal for us.

Won't be surprised if Czech Republic take points off then later though. They drew in Prague.

I know but cannot see us getting wins in all our remaining games before today scored 3 goals in last 5 games that leaves us open to defeat or draws against couple of teams in this group if today is anything to go by.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:38 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:I thought the same about taking Johnson and Colwill off but in fairness Jonniesta and Harris played on the front foot from the moment they came on and dragged us back into it. Not a great performance, but its three points after what has been a bit of a nightmare trip.

Me too but everyone was proved wrong and Page right. Perhaps he is a managerial genius after all. Thought Harris was very good when he came on and opposition players seem to be drawn like moths to a flame when it comes to fouling Williams. Good win with a weakened team.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

A big, big goal for us.

I know but cannot see us getting wins in all our remaining games before today scored 3 goals in last 5 games that leaves us open to defeat or draws against couple of teams in this group if today is anything to go by.

We should be beating teams like Estonia home and away. Same goes for the home game against Belarus.

The only other two games we have left are Belgium at home and Czech Republic away.

If we have a full squad for those games, there is always a chance we can nick the result we need.

No point giving up yet but we have to play better than today :thumbright:

Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:07 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

A big, big goal for us.

We should be beating teams like Estonia home and away. Same goes for the home game against Belarus.

The only other two games we have left are Belgium at home and Czech Republic away.

If we have a full squad for those games, there is always a chance we can nick the result we need.

"IF" had full squad? Not sure if we have had one since 2016? Certainly Ramsey bale only played handful of games together if that since then...
We are not stable enough as a team to get the nessasary results required add page into equation and its even more unlikely.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:18 pm

In the olden days we’d be playing Luxembourg and wining 5-0
If we’d lost today....

Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:35 pm

We do seem to of developed a habit of getting results were we should going back to that win against Cyprus in 2015

Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

A big, big goal for us.

"IF" had full squad? Not sure if we have had one since 2016? Certainly Ramsey bale only played handful of games together if that since then...
We are not stable enough as a team to get the nessasary results required add page into equation and its even more unlikely.

Doesn't matter now anyway, can't see Belgium dropping enough points after winning tonight.

Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:40 pm

3 pts :thumbup:

Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:40 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

A big, big goal for us.

belgium have already dropped a point. GD wont come into it