Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Media Change tune over Gareth Bale ‘

Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:17 pm

Spanish media significantly change tune over 'Cardiff Express' Gareth Bale and state 'wounds are closed with commitment'

It comes after Bale netted a hat-trick in Wales' World Cup qualifying win over Belarus

"Gareth Bale put in a massive performance for his national team as they got the better of Belarus," they wrote, before going on to describe Bale's three strikes.

By Ian Mitchelmore

Monday 6th September 2021

Gareth Bale took his goal tally for Wales to 36 with a stunning hat-trick against Belarus.

The captain netted two goals from the penalty spot in Kazan before firing home in the third minute of injury time at Central Stadium to earn Rob Page's men a dramatic 3-2 triumph in their latest World Cup qualifier.

Bale's first strike in Russia brought an end to his run of 16 matches without a goal for his country - a sequence that dated back to his leveller against Croatia in October 2019.

His efforts also meant Wales came from behind to win a match for the first time since their famous 3-1 triumph over Belgium in the quarter-finals of Euro 2016.

And after a promising start to the 2021/22 campaign, the Spanish media believe their is real hope that Bale can revive his Real Madrid career having fallen out of favour at the club under former boss Zinedine Zidane.

"Since that memorable goal in Kiev, the Cardiff Express only dresses in dress code when playing for the national team," wrote AS.

"Wherever the 18th hole is, the number 18 should be removed... But [Carlo] Ancelotti is like a second father for the Briton and it seems that he has re-enlisted him for the Madrid cause. His attitude is what we all wanted to see.

"In Kazan we saw a Bale again, plugged in as if his life depended on it."

They went on to add: "On Sunday he returns to the Bernabéu, where he has not appeared since March 1, 2020.

"He returns as a starter. The Bernabéu will lend him a hand if he shows his Welsh version.

"Wounds are closed with commitment. And goals."

Read Madrid's official website also paid tribute to the Welshman's efforts in Russia.

"Gareth Bale put in a massive performance for his national team as they got the better of Belarus," they wrote, before going on to describe Bale's three strikes.

Bale's current contract with the Spanish giants expires next summer.

Wales return to action against Estonia at Cardiff City Stadium on Wednesday night. Kick-off is at 7:45pm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Media Change tune over Gareth Bale ‘

Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:38 pm

Real Madrid have to have probably the worst fans in football. They've booed and jeered club legends like Ronaldo, Raul and Casillas just to name a few. It doesn't seem to phase Bale but if I was a young footballer like Mbappe or Haaland I'd avoid Madrid like the plague

Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:20 pm

Rob Phillips:

“Phew! To mangle the words of Catatonia “ every day when I wake up, I thank the Lord (Gareth Bale is) Welsh.” Ended his @Cymru goal drought and sorted Wales’ recent spot kick woes with 2 pens and a dramatic late winner in Belarus. 36 now for @Cymru - rescued country again.”FT2-3

Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:52 pm

They've criticised him for years and then complain when he retaliates with his jokes - such as pretending to be asleep on the bench and the whole Wales, Golf, Madrid thing.

I've always said that the press in England and Spain are two of the worst in Europe especially.

He doesn't need to prove a point to them or the Real Madrid supporters, because he knows what he's achieved with them. They'll change their tune every week, because that's what they do.

The post above that says Real Madrid supporters are some of the worst is also true.

The way they treated Cristiano Ronaldo, when they booed him and did that thing where they put their handkerchiefs in the air at him, was utterly ridiculous given what he achieved at that club.

It is most footballers' dream to play for Real Madrid (I'd say them and Manchester United are the two biggest clubs in the world and always will be), but many who eventually get a move there don't end up enjoying their time there.

Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:24 pm

Ned :thumbright: :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.