Neil Warnock Donates to Taffs FC

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:30 pm

Neil Warnock donates money for defibrillator

A new public access defibrillator has been installed at Taffs Well FC after the club thanked former Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock for a generation donation to the cause.

Warnock was central to the Restart a Heart campaign while at Cardiff and also took part in the 'Save a Life This Season' video alongside Callum Paterson and Sean Morrison after club doctor Len Nokes' daughter Claire suffered a cardiac arrest in 2016, tragically leading to her death at the age of just 25.

And it seems that Warnock, whose Cardiff sides played Taffs Well in pre-season both in 2018 and 2019, followed through with his promise to do his bit, with the JD Cymru South side having thanked the now Middlesbrough boss for his donation.

"A new public access defibrillator has been fitted outside of the clubhouse at Rhiw'r Ddar," the club wrote in a statement. "The new device has been provided by the Club and a generous donation from former Cardiff City manager, Neil Warnock, a good friend of the Club. Thanks go to former Chair, John Newberry for his help securing the donation.

"Having a public access defibrillator available in an emergency can be lifesaving. By using a defibrillator on someone within three minutes of them going into cardiac arrest, their chance of survival is increased to around 75 per cent.

"The defibrillator is situated on the outside wall of the clubhouse, within easy reach. It is also well positioned should it be needed in an emergency for the local community.

"In addition the first team have a defibrillator at every match. In the event of a person suffering a sudden cardiac arrest, there is less than 10 minutes in which to help save their life through CPR and the use of a defibrillator.

"We hope to never use it, but are proud to provide it if the circumstances ever arise."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Neil Warnock Donates to Taffs FC

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:50 pm

:thumbright: :thumbright:
Attachments
6458A14C-829A-4867-8256-722E5CE13CA0.jpeg
6458A14C-829A-4867-8256-722E5CE13CA0.jpeg (305.53 KiB) Viewed 5302 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby New Day Rising » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:09 pm

Top bloke
New Day Rising

Postby Sven » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:43 pm

Great gesture from Neil ap Warnock... :thumbup: :clap:

Not the only top manager with local links as Terry Venables had (may still have?) an association with Llantwit Fardre FC after he bought the local Farmer's Arms for his mum, who ran a great venue for several years

I think Terry was given the title of Life President/Chairman or similar?

I'm sure someone will know the exact title... :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby stickywicket » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:52 pm

Sven wrote:Great gesture from Neil ap Warnock... :thumbup: :clap:

Not the only top manager with local links as Terry Venables had (may still have?) an association with Llantwit Fardre FC after he bought the local Farmer's Arms for his mum, who ran a great venue for several years

I think Terry was given the title of Life President/Chairman or similar?

I'm sure someone will know the exact title... :ayatollah:

Top man our Neil. If anyone deserved another season in the Premier it was him.
stickywicket

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:01 pm

I read about this on FB. NW is a class act and always engaged with the fans and the community. Good on him.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby BLUE54 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:25 am

I'll never forget his interview on sky sports after his first game home to the worzels. I was watching it on the tv under the Ninian stand on the way out along with the hundreds who also stopped to watch it. It was like a breath of fresh air around the ground. Also his interaction with the fans at both games at Taffs Well. Shame it went a little sour at the end, but no manager is ever in a job for life. :ayatollah:
BLUE54

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:49 pm

Fair play to him.

Great thing for him to do :thumbright: :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Scoularite » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:14 pm

He was interviewed about it on Radio Wales this morning.
Scoularite

Postby Bluebina » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:27 pm

Great gesture, it's not about the money as he's a very wealthy man, it's about making the effort to do something good for a community he enjoyed being a part of.

Well done Warnock, absolutely top bloke :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby Dobbin » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:19 am

A great gesture and well done to Taffs Well for making it available for public use as well.

The chances of survival by using a Defib goes up by at least 70%. It was a hot topic of discussion when I was renewing my coaching badges with the FAW.

If anymore can be done to aid not only football clubs but all sports clubs and facilities it is something the governing bodies should support. Any chance of improving saving someone’s life far out ways the cost in my opinion.
Dobbin

Return to General Chat