Mental health in sport

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mental health in sport

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:16 pm

England v India cricket game cancelled because of serious concerns for players mental health and wellbeing of one of the teams? (England) it is believed to be due to the stress and anxiety from being tested for covid after several of India's tour party tested positive for covid! So question is do sports people play to much without a break? Mental health issues is becoming prevalent in all sports either team or individuals .....
pembroke allan

Mental health in sport

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Mental health in sport

Postby BigBearBlue1974 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:43 pm

Its a very important subject. I also think some teams and players are playing this card to when it suits. However, these sporting bubbles can be stressful I guess.

But I would gladly swap them for a break from my 39hr,3 shift pattern.

Look at our Tomlin for example
BigBearBlue1974

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:43 pm

BigBearBlue1974 wrote:Its a very important subject. I also think some teams and players are playing this card to when it suits. However, these sporting bubbles can be stressful I guess.

But I would gladly swap them for a break from my 39hr,3 shift pattern.

Look at our Tomlin for example

Think they are playing to an audience but unfortunately its the ones that dont advertise it they're the ones who fair the worst "G speed" springs to mind and theres lots sporting and celebrity's that secume to MH issues because they never spoke about it.
pembroke allan

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:18 pm

I've just spent the last 2 years supporting my daughter for Mental Health issues.

I'm afraid I'm guilty of ignoring the issues while growing up and it has made me realise that it is a Real issue where I believe most of us need to change our attitude to it all. If we all accepted it as an Issue then we would all became aware of anyone close to us who is suffering it. instead we are ignoring it and by innocence make it worse for those who are suffering. I feel it will be another generation or 2 before it get accepted though.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bluebina » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:England v India cricket game cancelled because of serious concerns for players mental health and wellbeing of one of the teams? (England) it is believed to be due to the stress and anxiety from being tested for covid after several of India's tour party tested positive for covid! So question is do sports people play to much without a break? Mental health issues is becoming prevalent in all sports either team or individuals .....

Raducanu must have one hell of a sports phycologist, one minute she's crying at Wimbledon because of the pressure, the next she wins the US open easily without losing a set !!!!!
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:50 pm

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:England v India cricket game cancelled because of serious concerns for players mental health and wellbeing of one of the teams? (England) it is believed to be due to the stress and anxiety from being tested for covid after several of India's tour party tested positive for covid! So question is do sports people play to much without a break? Mental health issues is becoming prevalent in all sports either team or individuals .....

Raducanu must have one hell of a sports phycologist, one minute she's crying at Wimbledon because of the pressure, the next she wins the US open easily without losing a set !!!!!

She suffered breathing problems which can happen in certain situations.... musnt forget she was a qualifier at Wimbledon and still at school pressure does many things to a person what she suffered would come under that category... but yes she must have good psychologists but there again so do most sportspeople even football teams.
pembroke allan

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:46 pm

Very difficult to have any sympathy with the Indian players. I don't doubt the unpleasantness of being in a bubble though it's not the lockdowns the masses experienced. Reality is this issue is about the riches of the IPL as they are leaving one bubble to go directly into another one. Just so happens the next bubble pays them more than the current one.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:20 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Very difficult to have any sympathy with the Indian players. I don't doubt the unpleasantness of being in a bubble though it's not the lockdowns the masses experienced. Reality is this issue is about the riches of the IPL as they are leaving one bubble to go directly into another one. Just so happens the next bubble pays them more than the current one.

Think u find it was the England players bringing out the mental health issue .... partly because in a bubble most of year and to top it off very unlikely the wags will be allowed in aus over xmas ... initially suggestions it was india because wanted to get back for IPL but not true..
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat