A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Emma Raducanu "

Postby Bigmarkw » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:Fair play to her, enjoyed watching her not losing even a set. She’s got big things ahead of her. Great to see.
Don’t see how she British though lol.

How would she be Canadian? She spent two years of her eighteen in canada.

She’s more British than a lot of our football/rugby players are welsh or English players are English.

Because she was born there, and failing that her dad’s Romanian and mother Chinese. So not much british there. If I lived in Mexico for the next 30 years I would never consider myself Mexican. I understand that she gets called British because she lives here but that’s just paperwork she’s as British as a tikka masala.

If you were 2yrs old you would class yourself Mexican if lived there for 30yrs? If you are older like a teenager when moved there you have a point about being Welsh not Mexican ...

I haven’t. But that just me. Like I said I enjoyed watching her irrelevant where she’s from.

Yes I actually put it on and whether we agree or not she is British... not sure how we can say shes Romanian or Chinese or Canadian she holds a British passport so guess it makes her British regardless.

Exactly. That for a sensible response. Better than the name calling that had happened.
Bigmarkw

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:05 pm

All these bickering comments...Play nice now boys!!
On the original subject, it was a stunning victory for an 18 year old with her lack of experience.
The fact that she is British, or represents Britain makes it all the sweeter.
Considering I am not a tennis fan, I was glued to Radio 5 live throughout the final last night.
I'm too tight for 'pay per view T.V. :lol:
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby Bigmarkw » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:09 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:All these bickering comments...Play nice now boys!!
On the original subject, it was a stunning victory for an 18 year old with her lack of experience.
The fact that she is British, or represents Britain makes it all the sweeter.
Considering I am not a tennis fan, I was glued to Radio 5 live throughout the final last night.
I'm too tight for 'pay per view T.V. :lol:

It was on channel 4 mate
Bigmarkw

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:55 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:Fair play to her, enjoyed watching her not losing even a set. She’s got big things ahead of her. Great to see.
Don’t see how she British though lol.

How would she be Canadian? She spent two years of her eighteen in canada.

She’s more British than a lot of our football/rugby players are welsh or English players are English.

Because she was born there, and failing that her dad’s Romanian and mother Chinese. So not much british there. If I lived in Mexico for the next 30 years I would never consider myself Mexican. I understand that she gets called British because she lives here but that’s just paperwork she’s as British as a tikka masala.

If you were 2yrs old you would class yourself Mexican if lived there for 30yrs? If you are older like a teenager when moved there you have a point about being Welsh not Mexican ...

I haven’t. But that just me. Like I said I enjoyed watching her irrelevant where she’s from.

Yes I actually put it on and whether we agree or not she is British... not sure how we can say shes Romanian or Chinese or Canadian she holds a British passport so guess it makes her British regardless.

Exactly. That for a sensible response. Better than the name calling that had happened.

Yes lot going on at moment but that's this forum for you at the moment..... :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Pat Turd » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:40 am

Quite depressing that this is raised at all. She is clearly a middle to upper class English girl, brought up in UK who looks acts and sounds like it. After she had won they played Sweet Caroline over the stadium and you could see how she lapped it up, probably having spent the summer supporting her country, England at the euros, just like lots of girls her age.

There's a depressing undercurrent to some of these not british comments that I hate, sorry.

These people - Freddy Mercury, Bradley Wiggins, Joe Strummer, Boris Johnson - Not born in UK !!!!!!

All British heroes (to some !)
Pat Turd

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:09 pm

Pat Turd wrote:Quite depressing that this is raised at all. She is clearly a middle to upper class English girl, brought up in UK who looks acts and sounds like it. After she had won they played Sweet Caroline over the stadium and you could see how she lapped it up, probably having spent the summer supporting her country, England at the euros, just like lots of girls her age.

There's a depressing undercurrent to some of these not british comments that I hate, sorry.

These people - Freddy Mercury, Bradley Wiggins, Joe Strummer, Boris Johnson - Not born in UK !!!!!!

Spot on :thumbup:

Try telling Robert Earnshaw that he needs to hand back his his 59 Welsh caps as he's not Welsh enough :roll: :banghead:

He was born in Zambia and spent most of his career/life living in Scotland, England, Canada, USA and Israel.

Some other posters really should think before they post.
piledriver64

Postby Jock » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:55 pm

Pat Turd wrote:Quite depressing that this is raised at all. She is clearly a middle to upper class English girl, brought up in UK who looks acts and sounds like it. After she had won they played Sweet Caroline over the stadium and you could see how she lapped it up, probably having spent the summer supporting her country, England at the euros, just like lots of girls her age.

Sadly there’s nothing the Idotarian left won’t weaponise to make political capital. So sad that a British girl wins a grand slam and self serving political parasites twist the narrative, deflecting from her acheivement.
Jock

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:17 pm

Jock wrote:

Sadly there’s nothing the Idotarian left won’t weaponise to make political capital. So sad that a British girl wins a grand slam and self serving political parasites twist the narrative, deflecting from her acheivement.

Hang on, this was provoked by a right wing comment along the lines of her not being British enough !!

Read the posts.
piledriver64

Postby Canton Kev » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:22 pm

Jock wrote:

I thought the Tikka Masala cock up would be the biggest whopper on this thread.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Canton Kev

Postby Jock » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:04 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Jock wrote:

Hang on, this was provoked by a right wing comment along the lines of her not being British enough !!

Read the posts.

Right wing commentators like Sadiq Khan?
Jock

Postby Scoularite » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:12 pm

by BluebirdsTilIDie » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:36 pm

Only on the city forum could this topic go from congratulating a tennis player to arguing about if she’s British or not to arguing where the tikka masala originated from

:lol: :lol:

She was truly awesome.
Scoularite

Postby maccydee » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:39 pm

Scoularite wrote:

Only on the city forum could this topic go from congratulating a tennis player to arguing about if she’s British or not to arguing where the tikka masala originated from

She was truly awesome.

Awesome legs too. Lovely smile.

Gonna be the richest British Sportswoman ever me thinks.
maccydee

Postby Jock » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:45 pm

maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.
Jock

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:36 pm

Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

She’s a talented elite athlete. Let’s not make her a sex symbol.
Bigmarkw

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:37 pm

If the queen says shes British thats good enough.... :clap:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:39 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

Very talented and marketable! top 9 sports women in earnings are tennis players apparently. :o
pembroke allan

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

Very talented and marketable! top 9 sports women in earnings are tennis players apparently. :o

That’s great to hear she’s got a bright future because of her undoubted hard work, dedication and talent. Hopes she breaks records.
Bigmarkw

Postby maccydee » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

One of the only sports where they earn similar to the men
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:17 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

Why not?!
maccydee

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:21 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

Why not?!

I can’t answer that for you, you need to find out for yourself.
Bigmarkw

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:24 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

That’s great to hear she’s got a bright future because of her undoubted hard work, dedication and talent. Hopes she breaks records.

Well at least she wont be like all the other might have been female tennis players uk have jotted out in previous years making a living being mediocre at best.... she is the real deal undoubtedly and not a one taunement wonder
pembroke allan

Postby maccydee » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:24 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

Why not?!

Stupid comment to add to the rest of your stupid comments.

She can be a sex symbol. Men and woman athletes are both regarded as sex symbols and it adds to their marketability.
maccydee

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:31 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

Why not?!

She can be a sex symbol. Men and woman athletes are both regarded as sex symbols and it adds to their marketability.

So after all she achieved. You just see her as a nice pair of legs.

And why the insults?
Bigmarkw

Postby Jock » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:00 am

Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

Naive to think her looks won’t increase her earning power
Jock

Postby Bigmarkw » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:18 am

Jock wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

I never said that. But to label her as a nice pair of legs especially someone of school age. My my.
Bigmarkw

Postby maccydee » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:57 am

Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

I never said that. But to label her as a nice pair of legs especially someone of school age. My my.

She’s 18. College age.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:03 am

Bigmarkw wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

Why not?!

And why the insults?

At least I see someone who is British.
maccydee

Postby Bigmarkw » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:07 am

maccydee wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

She’s 18. College age.

Sometimes but a lot of schools have 18 year old in they 6th form. But hey it irrelevant her age it appears as long as she is visually stimulating and arousing for you what does it matter?
Bigmarkw

Postby Bigmarkw » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:08 am

maccydee wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

Why not?!

And why the insults?

At least I see someone who is British.

Lol. At least.
Bigmarkw

Postby maccydee » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:54 am

Bigmarkw wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Jock wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

She was truly awesome.

Very marketable girl.

She’s 18. College age.

Sometimes but a lot of schools have 18 year old in they 6th form. But hey it irrelevant her age it appears as long as she is visually stimulating and arousing for you what does it matter?

Come on, hardly like I went full perve. Simply said she had awesome legs and a lovely smile.

Get me on that register.
maccydee

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat