Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

RUBIN COLWILL: HE'S ONE OF OUR OWN!

Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:12 pm

Joined the club at 8 years of age, played at every level and now a Wales cap and his first Bluebird goals; he and his family are life-long Bluebird supporters...

I understand his brother is at the club, too?

Is there a better feeling for genuine Bluebird supporters than to see a genuine Bluebird fly through the ranks and quickly become a 'fans favourite' at his own club?

For me, it is what we've been crying out for; and credit to him, his family and those who brought him through, including a certain Craig Bellamy :clap:

As the headine says and the away support sang:

That Rubin Colwill; he's one of our own...! :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :notworthy:
Attachments
0_GettyImages-1231478715.jpg
0_GettyImages-1231478715.jpg (22.52 KiB) Viewed 4937 times

Re: RUBIN COLWILL: HE'S ONE OF OUR OWN!

Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:24 pm

You could see his absolute joy when they reran his goal from the camera between the goal and the City fans. Great to see Bowen and Kieron Evans involved too, albeit because of injuries.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:57 pm

Rubin for me is the only player for 11 yrs that is really making right through our Accademy and it’s exciting times for him and our club and fans :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Yes Chris, Rubin’s brother played yesterday for our U18’s.

The passion and emotion was all their to see today from Rubin Colwill :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:32 pm

Rubin Colwill :bluebird: :bluebird: , he’s one of our own, :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Attachments
247D8A15-3C63-49CF-8FA4-E44036AE4E17.jpeg
247D8A15-3C63-49CF-8FA4-E44036AE4E17.jpeg (134.11 KiB) Viewed 3854 times

Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:00 pm

I echo what everyone else has said, delighted for him and his family.

Said earlier this week on another topic that I can see him becoming a first team regular with us by the end of the season, and pleased that others are now seeing that.

That picture of him celebrating with the fans is brilliant.

Actually pleased but surprised the referee didn't book him for it, they always used to if players celebrated by going close to the fans.

The one thing about Rubin is he won't let a day like today go to his head and will stay grounded. He'll still continue to work hard in training and in matches.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:43 pm

Sven wrote:Joined the club at 8 years of age, played at every level and now a Wales cap and his first Bluebird goals; he and his family are life-long Bluebird supporters...

I understand his brother is at the club, too?

Is there a better feeling for genuine Bluebird supporters than to see a genuine Bluebird fly through the ranks and quickly become a 'fans favourite' at his own club?

For me, it is what we've been crying out for; and credit to him, his family and those who brought him through, including a certain Craig Bellamy :clap:

As the headine says and the away support sang:

That Rubin Colwill; he's one of our own...! :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :notworthy:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Agree with everything you've said.

Great to see a young local lad come through the ranks and do well.

Long may it continue!

Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:17 pm

Just got back Rubin Colwill baby Rubin Colwill oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Bloooooobirds
Blooooooobirds
Bloooobirds
Post a reply