Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Please get your jab

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:47 pm

Have the jab don’t have the jab personal choice

One thing for sure it’s not a pandemic as the governments across the world would have us all believe a pandemic is 5% death rate this thing is less than 0.01% death rate

It’s slightly more potent than seasonal flu

This is about the only facts that are available to people

Personally I’ve had both jabs but i was on the fence if I wasn’t living with my grandmother who is over 70 I wouldn’t have had it

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:24 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Have the jab don’t have the jab personal choice

One thing for sure it’s not a pandemic as the governments across the world would have us all believe a pandemic is 5% death rate this thing is less than 0.01% death rate

Personally I’ve had both jabs but i was on the fence if I wasn’t living with my grandmother who is over 70 I wouldn’t have had it

Not forgetting the fact that this pandemic was largely nipped in the bud by some pretty impressive scientists, who created the vaccines in record time, which then reduced the death rate massively if not so much the contraction rated

Modern science largely leaves comparisons between the current 'pandemic' and historic ones a little redundant

How many WOULD have died without the vaccine, we wll never know; but can we really say it would not have been a lot higher as a percentage without...?

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:45 pm

Pandemic isn’t death rate but geographical area.

Covid 19 is a pandemic.

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:51 pm

by maccydee » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:45 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:

Pandemic isn’t death rate but geographical area.

Covid 19 is a pandemic.

Absolutely right.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:00 pm

Sven wrote:

Not forgetting the fact that this pandemic was largely nipped in the bud by some pretty impressive scientists, who created the vaccines in record time, which then reduced the death rate massively if not so much the contraction rated

Modern science largely leaves comparisons between the current 'pandemic' and historic ones a little redundant

How many WOULD have died without the vaccine, we wll never know; but can we really say it would not have been a lot higher as a percentage without...?

Prior to the vaccine the death rate was less than half a percent, might it have mutated worse maybe but the Spanish flu in 1918 was a pandemic this isn’t close

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:22 pm

I’m just getting over COVID, my wife and both kids who live at home had it too, me and the wife are double jabbed and to be honest it’s the only reason I haven’t ended up in hospital, felt like somebody has been sat on my chest all week, spoke to Track & Trace several times because we had to fill out 4 lots of forms and each time they said that I sounded like I needed to be seen, told them straight as long as I’m coping I’m not going to burden the NHS.

We traced it back to the local comp and unfortunately passed it on to vulnerable family members, I’m not happy to say the least, one family member has COPD and is allergic to a lot of the ingredients that make up the jabs so can’t have them. She’s currently in hospital as needs oxygen, managed 5 days at home before going in mind and been in 2 days.

This disease is seriously no joke, we’ve been so careful and now feel let down by the governments quick lapses of rules for schools, I mean allowing kids to go to school whose parents have Covid is f*cking ridiculous

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:35 pm

Sven wrote:

Prior to the vaccine the death rate was less than half a percent, might it have mutated worse maybe but the Spanish flu in 1918 was a pandemic this isn’t close

IT’S GEOGRAPHICAL

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:36 pm

snoopystorm wrote:I’m just getting over COVID, my wife and both kids who live at home had it too, me and the wife are double jabbed and to be honest it’s the only reason I haven’t ended up in hospital, felt like somebody has been sat on my chest all week, spoke to Track & Trace several times because we had to fill out 4 lots of forms and each time they said that I sounded like I needed to be seen, told them straight as long as I’m coping I’m not going to burden the NHS.

We traced it back to the local comp and unfortunately passed it on to vulnerable family members, I’m not happy to say the least, one family member has COPD and is allergic to a lot of the ingredients that make up the jabs so can’t have them. She’s currently in hospital as needs oxygen, managed 5 days at home before going in mind and been in 2 days.

This disease is seriously no joke, we’ve been so careful and now feel let down by the governments quick lapses of rules for schools, I mean allowing kids to go to school whose parents have Covid is f*cking ridiculous

Just found out my niece who lives in Scotland has it, caught in school. My sister & her other half are now waiting on their results.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:43 pm

Interesting interview with a British GP(Dr Sam White) He recommends not getting the vaccine as it causes blood clots in the finer veins, which aren't measured by conventional tests. Reckons it could cause heart failure in the medium term. He doesn't come across like a crank either. Definately food for thought, if nothing else. You can listen to this podcast in the background while surfing online...

https://delingpole.podbean.com/page/2/

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:05 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:I’m just getting over COVID, my wife and both kids who live at home had it too, me and the wife are double jabbed and to be honest it’s the only reason I haven’t ended up in hospital, felt like somebody has been sat on my chest all week, spoke to Track & Trace several times because we had to fill out 4 lots of forms and each time they said that I sounded like I needed to be seen, told them straight as long as I’m coping I’m not going to burden the NHS.

Just found out my niece who lives in Scotland has it, caught in school. My sister & her other half are now waiting on their results.

Really hope they haven’t got it mate, it’s horrible you feel like you’re getting over it then bam back to square 1, my youngest daughter only had a headache, we all had different symptoms

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:46 pm

by maccydee » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:35 pm

Sven wrote:

IT’S GEOGRAPHICAL

Absolutely right. A pandemic is not defined by its death rate. :banghead:

However, the Spanish flu in 1918 was actually a pandemic and here is a summary from "Inside History"

"The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, the deadliest in history, infected an estimated 500 million people worldwide—about one-third of the planet’s population—and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims, including some 675,000 Americans. The 1918 flu was first observed in Europe, the United States and parts of Asia before swiftly spreading around the world.

At the time, there were no effective drugs or vaccines to treat this killer flu strain."

Whereas today large swathes of the world have cut down on many activities to try to curtail the transmission and have developed and rolled out vaccines, it appears that in 1918 there was nothing to stop it.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:12 pm

Scoularite wrote:

Sven wrote:

IT’S GEOGRAPHICAL

However, the Spanish flu in 1918 was actually a pandemic and here is a summary from "Inside History"

"The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, the deadliest in history, infected an estimated 500 million people worldwide—about one-third of the planet’s population—and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims, including some 675,000 Americans. The 1918 flu was first observed in Europe, the United States and parts of Asia before swiftly spreading around the world.

At the time, there were no effective drugs or vaccines to treat this killer flu strain."

Whereas today large swathes of the world have cut down on many activities to try to curtail the transmission and have developed and rolled out vaccines, it appears that in 1918 there was nothing to stop it.

Of course it didn’t spread as easily because of the lack of global transport yet still managed to spread round the glove.

Even based on numbers Covid 19 has killed so many, treatments are significantly better than in 1918-20 too.

However it is called a pandemic due to spreading around the world. Something he can’t comprehend.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:30 pm

by maccydee » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:12 pm

Of course it didn’t spread as easily because of the lack of global transport yet still managed to spread round the glove.

Even based on numbers Covid 19 has killed so many, treatments are significantly better than in 1918-20 too.

However it is called a pandemic due to spreading around the world. Something he can’t comprehend.

Maybe he's one of the people who rely on things like Twitter for information and doesn't realise that it's not necessarily true :?: :?:

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:48 pm

maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

Sven wrote:

IT’S GEOGRAPHICAL

Many people have clearly bought into the government narrative, and many haven’t , which is why we keep having these debates. Many many deaths attributed to Covid are within 28 days of a positive test and it’s been established that with the testing kits they use on people who are gravely I’ll with other illnesses will come up as positive due to a low immune system. Can anyone explain in a sensible manner why they would do this as it instills fear and uncertainty.

On the flip side CDC have stated that anybody passes away within 21 days of a vaccination will not be attributed as a Covid death . Strange times indeed.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:38 pm

Scoularite wrote:
by boyo1927 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:49 pm

Everyone has a choice but facts are facts. 110k in UK saved from jabs....personally I find it astonishing and selfish if people don't take the jab for reasons that are not reasonable....if medically advised I get it if not make little.sense to me. But that's my thoughts the minority are not having it and facts are they are likely to get seriously ill or die more than most...

Trouble is they will still get rushed into hospital and it's other people will suffer or die because of their selfishness as it is the other people that have to join the massive waiting list.

Hope you you don’t smoke or drink alcohol or are over weight ? Because that would make you a hypocrite really wouldn’t it ?

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:43 pm

My lad had covid and if it wasn’t for the test he wouldn’t of known he had it. He was in our gym every day with it. And he isn’t vaccinated. So your over reaction of if you hadn’t of been jabbed you would of ended up in hospital is a bit of unknown. But goes to show you can still catch it contract it so you should be under the same restrictions as the un jabbed.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:53 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

My lad had covid and if it wasn’t for the test he wouldn’t of known he had it. He was in our gym every day with it. And he isn’t vaccinated. So your over reaction of if you hadn’t of been jabbed you would of ended up in hospital is a bit of unknown. But goes to show you can still catch it contract it so you should be under the same restrictions as the un jabbed.

Ah ok. One person had it and didn’t realise and was totally fine. Oh, then I must apologise. I was totally wrong. No need for vaccinations at all. Or testing. Or any other protective measures.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:55 pm

by Nuclearblue » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:38 pm

Scoularite wrote:
by boyo1927 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:49 pm

Everyone has a choice but facts are facts. 110k in UK saved from jabs....personally I find it astonishing and selfish if people don't take the jab for reasons that are not reasonable....if medically advised I get it if not make little.sense to me. But that's my thoughts the minority are not having it and facts are they are likely to get seriously ill or die more than most...

Trouble is they will still get rushed into hospital and it's other people will suffer or die because of their selfishness as it is the other people that have to join the massive waiting list.

Hope you you don’t smoke or drink alcohol or are over weight ? Because that would make you a hypocrite really wouldn’t it ?

Never smoked, did get overweight for a while when I gave up sport but still loved food, and also cut down on how much I drink.

Point is though, that if I got cancer, say, if I had smoked over a lifetime and someone else got covid seriously because they just chose not to get the jabs, they would be the one rushed into hospital.

So I don't really see your point.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:01 pm

maccydee wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Ah ok. One person had it and didn’t realise and was totally fine. Oh, then I must apologise. I was totally wrong. No need for vaccinations at all. Or testing. Or any other protective measures.

The majority of people "suffer" no symptoms or mild symptoms.
Regards

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:44 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Regards

But a lot of people get deaded.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:36 pm

by maccydee » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:44 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
I’m just getting over COVID, my wife and both kids who live at home had it too, me and the wife are double jabbed and to be honest it’s the only reason I haven’t ended up in hospital, felt like somebody has been sat on my chest all week, spoke to Track & Trace several times because we had to fill out 4 lots of forms and each time they said that I sounded like I needed to be seen, told them straight as long as I’m coping I’m not going to burden the NHS.

Regards

Also, as of September 17, 2021, there were 7,847 confirmed COVID-19 patients in hospitals in the United Kingdom, way above the 770 on September 11, 2020. So if there are that many now, how bad is it going to get in the winter?

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:58 pm

Scoularite wrote:

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Regards

Also, as of September 17, 2021, there were 7,847 confirmed COVID-19 patients in hospitals in the United Kingdom, way above the 770 on September 11, 2020. So if there are that many now, how bad is it going to get in the winter?

Maybe not much worse. Vaccines are doing brilliantly

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:12 pm

Hopefully, but I keep on reading about just how long the vaccines are expected to provide an acceptable level of protection, particularly for older so and so's like me. I'm a bit of a "wuss" with injections, but will certainly be there for both the booster and the flu jab.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:19 pm

Scoularite wrote:Hopefully, but I keep on reading about just how long the vaccines are expected to provide an acceptable level of protection, particularly for older so and so's like me. I'm a bit of a "wuss" with injections, but will certainly be there for both the booster and the flu jab.

I don’t like injections either. It’s something I tell people when they come for a jab.

I actually had a really close contact with someone who had Covid. Was in his house, hugged him, he made me a cuppa. I avoided it. Vaccines help stop people catching it too.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:31 pm

Nice to know that I'm not the only one.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:46 pm

Scoularite wrote:Nice to know that I'm not the only one.

So many come in who hate having jabs.

Then say they are a wuss. My reply is if you have come in here to get vaccinated not liking needles then you can’t be a wuss really.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:39 pm

My wife is not a fan of injections, but she will look straight at the needle when it goes in. I always have to look the other way and I always warn the nurses!

But, as you say, I do still go.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:04 pm

maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Regards

Apart from the people who are dying from it. Or those who die from it in the medium/ Long term. Won't hear much about them

Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:05 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Scoularite wrote:

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

Regards

Apart from the people who are dying from it. Or those who die from it in the medium/ Long term. Won't hear much about them

I mean it’s clear vaccines are helping massively.

Previously when we had similar number of cases the deaths were in their 1000s.

We are literally back to normal in almost every way yet the numbers aren’t going above 200. Those that are dying are unvaccinated or likely were very close to death anyway.

Those who haven’t been vaccinated when it was offered who could have it but didn’t and died. I am afraid it’s on their dead heads.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:32 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

It doesn’t affect everybody the same, my 11 yo had a positive test and all she had was a headache for 2 days. I felt like somebody was sat on my chest and still do, I also had chills followed by high temp sweats for 2 days, NHS nurses on track and trace have told me numerous times to go and get checked out as sounds like I needed help which I said no too as my sats were 99% so no point going in, I do honestly believe if I hadn’t been double jabbed I would have been in hospital.

My wife felt like her bones were on fire and a constant headache, my other daughter had chills and sweats and felt run down for several days.

Just because your son had no symptoms doesn’t mean everybody is the same, my mother has COPD isn’t jabbed as allergic to ingredients of the vacccines and is currently in hospital with blood clots in her lungs because of covid, her sats dropped to 65%

Don’t tell me I’m over reacting when I’ve see first hand how this virus can affect people differently.