Please get your jab

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Please get your jab

Postby maccydee » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:43 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nated.html

All City fans here (apart from Billy Knobhead) and this official shows vaccinations work. Don’t want anyone let alone City fans having issues so please get your jab if you can.
maccydee

Please get your jab

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Please get your jab

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:01 pm

The evidence certainly weighs heavily in favour of having the jab when it comes to avoiding death from this virus.
It's a shame some are still afraid to take it!!
But I suppose it's their lookout!
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm

I’ve had the vaccinations and I’ve just got back from a holiday to an amber last country.
No problems.

However, I’m a strong believer that it should be an individual choice and I support those that don’t want to.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby maccydee » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:57 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I’ve had the vaccinations and I’ve just got back from a holiday to an amber last country.
No problems.

However, I’m a strong believer that it should be an individual choice and I support those that don’t want to.

Absolutely agree.

I merely am worried for my fellow Cardiff fans.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:56 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I’ve had the vaccinations and I’ve just got back from a holiday to an amber last country.
No problems.

Agree with you, Paul and hope you had a good time?

Everyone should make their own, hopefully informed, decision and take responsibility for it going but it is down to individual prerogative
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:07 pm

TopCat CCFC

Postby Bluebina » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:00 am

maccydee wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9911119/Just-one-200-Covid-deaths-half-2021-occurred-fully-vaccinated.html

All City fans here (apart from Billy Knobhead) and this official shows vaccinations work. Don’t want anyone let alone City fans having issues so please get your jab if you can.

I think we are just about there now, the threat of vaccine passports was enough to persuade the people who didn't really mind but didn't get around to it, now all that is left is the hard liners and they are doubling down, searching the internet for theories to back their beliefs.

We all know the risks and have made our decisions, and we have to get on with life now, hopefully a large enough percentage are double vaccinated so as not to overwhelm the NHS, and there are no more lockdowns!
Bluebina

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:41 am

Bluebina wrote:
maccydee wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9911119/Just-one-200-Covid-deaths-half-2021-occurred-fully-vaccinated.html

I think we are just about there now, the threat of vaccine passports was enough to persuade the people who didn't really mind but didn't get around to it, now all that is left is the hard liners and they are doubling down, searching the internet for theories to back their beliefs.

We all know the risks and have made our decisions, and we have to get on with life now, hopefully a large enough percentage are double vaccinated so as not to overwhelm the NHS, and there are no more lockdowns!

Yep the conspiracy theorists have dwindled in number. Some of their beliefs were amusing more than scary. I'm doubled jabbed and had no side effects. Those that did have side effects in the beginning are all healthy now.
Bakedalasker

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:38 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Yep the conspiracy theorists have dwindled in number. Some of their beliefs were amusing more than scary. I'm doubled jabbed and had no side effects. Those that did have side effects in the beginning are all healthy now.

Im sorry,but your last sentence simply isnt true!! People have died, and suffered some pretty severe side effects,and continue to do so.
I fully back people who have made their own decision, whatever they base it on,and not ALL are conspiracy theorists either, its about their right to choose what they believe is the correct decision for them, I wont be knocking them for it, the same way I wont be knocking those who have been jabbed.
I cannot, and in a strange way am not truly concerned for myself, but am concerned about peoples responses if they find out im not "jabbed up" and their knee jerk reactions, like has happened already! Like I'm some kind of leper, who should stay away from "us who have been jabbed" as im now seen as a public health risk??
bluesince62

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:52 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Im sorry,but your last sentence simply isnt true!! People have died, and suffered some pretty severe side effects,and continue to do so.
I fully back people who have made their own decision, whatever they base it on,and not ALL are conspiracy theorists either, its about their right to choose what they believe is the correct decision for them, I wont be knocking them for it, the same way I wont be knocking those who have been jabbed.
I cannot, and in a strange way am not truly concerned for myself, but am concerned about peoples responses if they find out im not "jabbed up" and their knee jerk reactions, like has happened already! Like I'm some kind of leper, who should stay away from "us who have been jabbed" as im now seen as a public health risk??

All I'll say to that is I have had a family member die of Covid and if he had the jabs he would still be here today. Unfortunately the jab was not around when he lost his fight against it.
Bakedalasker

Postby davids » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:44 am

Somebody should tell SAGE that the vaccinations are working because they obviously don't believe they are.

The latest "modelling" from SAGE predicts between 2000 and 7000 hospital admissions per day within the next few weeks and as government policy has been driven by this sort of guesswork for the last 18 months there's no reason to suspect things to change now.

It won't matter if you've been jabbed, double jabbed or even had the booster jab, it's clear that further restrictions will be coming sooner rather than later and as soon as the scientists start cranking up the doom mongering, a full lockdown again over winter looks inevitable.
davids

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:35 am

September 15, 2020: 3,000 cases, 27 deaths
September 15, 2021: 26,00 cases, 185 deaths

That is an increase of almost 10x on cases and almost 7x more deaths, compared to a period when we had no vaccine.
We're also in the summer, when it is not common for coronaviruses to spike.

What people are stating is more cases, deaths and hospitalisations equates to a successful vaccine role out?

I would also encourage you to look at other countries with high vaccine uptakes, such as Israel, Norway, Gibraltar, all following the same trend. Palestine is another place worth looking, where the vaccine has recently been introduced, followed by a surge in cases. Whilst countries with a smaller uptake and less restrictions seem to be coping just fine, Sweden and Belarus.

This isn't even considering those with adverse reactions, or death, as a direct result of the vaccine
JasonFowler1991

Postby maccydee » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:58 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:September 15, 2020: 3,000 cases, 27 deaths

That is an increase of almost 10x on cases and almost 7x more deaths, compared to a period when we had no vaccine.

What people are stating is more cases, deaths and hospitalisations equates to a successful vaccine role out?

I would also encourage you to look at other countries with high vaccine uptakes, such as Israel, Norway, Gibraltar, all following the same trend. Palestine is another place worth looking, where the vaccine has recently been introduced, followed by a surge in cases. Whilst countries with a smaller uptake and less restrictions seem to be coping just fine, Sweden and Belarus.

This isn't even considering those with adverse reactions, or death, as a direct result of the vaccine

I mean it’s like comparing cheese and kebab.

The alpha variant was considerably more virulent than the original variant.

The delta variant is considerably more virulent than the alpha variant.

The way to see if vaccines are working are to compare deaths v amount of cases. When previously we had a similar amount of cases we had over a thousand deaths.

Can’t even compare last year to this year really. Especially as we are basically open to pre Covid freedoms.
maccydee

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:05 pm

maccydee wrote:

The way to see if vaccines are working are to compare deaths v amount of cases. When previously we had a similar amount of cases we had over a thousand deaths.

Can’t even compare last year to this year really. Especially as we are basically open to pre Covid freedoms.

I do agree with you. There are so many factors involved, but to suggest the vaccine is successful when cases, deaths and hospitalisations are up, is bizarre to me. And then you throw in those who have died or had serious adverse reactions to the vaccine, I'm not sure how we're calling that a success.

When you look at the new delta variant, which seems to be killing those who are double vaccinated more than those who arent (65.9% delta deaths between Feb and August were double vaccinated), it also raises questions. A lot of virologists are suggesting that these variants are being enhanced by such high vaccine uptakes, hence the correlation between vaccine uptake and increased case numbers.

We won't know if this is a success or failure for a while yet, possibly years as we do not know the long term side effects to the vaccination.

I see a lot of people calling others name based on their vaccine status, with some feeling self righteous and acting virtuous, and it is really sad to see. People should be free to choose for themselves, and not be judged by that. Anybody doing the judging, well the reality is youre the bad person.

Let's hope this all blows over soon!
JasonFowler1991

Postby maccydee » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:18 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

I do agree with you. There are so many factors involved, but to suggest the vaccine is successful when cases, deaths and hospitalisations are up, is bizarre to me. And then you throw in those who have died or had serious adverse reactions to the vaccine, I'm not sure how we're calling that a success.

When you look at the new delta variant, which seems to be killing those who are double vaccinated more than those who arent (65.9% delta deaths between Feb and August were double vaccinated), it also raises questions. A lot of virologists are suggesting that these variants are being enhanced by such high vaccine uptakes, hence the correlation between vaccine uptake and increased case numbers.

We won't know if this is a success or failure for a while yet, possibly years as we do not know the long term side effects to the vaccination.

I see a lot of people calling others name based on their vaccine status, with some feeling self righteous and acting virtuous, and it is really sad to see. People should be free to choose for themselves, and not be judged by that. Anybody doing the judging, well the reality is youre the bad person.

I think data is now showing the majority of those dying and/or in hospital because of Covid are unvaccinated.

Of course people are going to die despite having had the vaccine but it’s likely not because of Covid. Although as the vaccine isn’t 100% there will be outliers.
maccydee

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:31 pm

maccydee wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

I think data is now showing the majority of those dying and/or in hospital because of Covid are unvaccinated.

Of course people are going to die despite having had the vaccine but it’s likely not because of Covid. Although as the vaccine isn’t 100% there will be outliers.

Delta variant related deaths specifically, as of August 25th was made up of 65% vaccinated vs 35% non vaccinated, from Feb - Aug. With higher vaccine uptakes though, this could be explained but I haven't seen the proper numbers myself, although I did request them using the freedom of information act this morning.

In terms of hospitalisations, in England as of August 6th, 51% were non vaccinated, 34.9% had the two doses of vaccine, whilst the remaining 14% had received one dose. Thats almost a 50/50 split between vaccinated and non vaccinated, despite 64% of the population being double vaccinated.
JasonFowler1991

Postby maccydee » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:18 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Delta variant related deaths specifically, as of August 25th was made up of 65% vaccinated vs 35% non vaccinated, from Feb - Aug. With higher vaccine uptakes though, this could be explained but I haven't seen the proper numbers myself, although I did request them using the freedom of information act this morning.

In terms of hospitalisations, in England as of August 6th, 51% were non vaccinated, 34.9% had the two doses of vaccine, whilst the remaining 14% had received one dose. Thats almost a 50/50 split between vaccinated and non vaccinated, despite 64% of the population being double vaccinated.

More than 64% of ages 18 plus are double vaccinated so the figures strongly indicate that vaccines are stopping deaths and stopping a lot of hospitalisation and need for ventilators.
maccydee

Postby Bluebina » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:29 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

So if 80%/90% of people are vaccinated and if the vaccines weren't working to prevent hospitalisation surely 90% should be vaccinated and only 10% unvaccinated ???

Strange 65% are unvaccinated ???

I wonder what is going on there then ????

Because according to you the vaccines clearly don't work ????
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:41 pm

The stats are what you would expect with everything fully open including clubs, football, entertainment, no masks or restrictions.

The only one that is slightly alarming is the deaths, but that's because there are still a lot of people refusing the vaccines so unfortunately a lot will end up in hospital and some will unfortunately not get through it.

Unfortunately some very old weak ill vaccinated will also not be able to fight it.
Bluebina

Postby TheHangedMan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:05 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

All I'll say to that is I have had a family member die of Covid and if he had the jabs he would still be here today. Unfortunately the jab was not around when he lost his fight against it.

Sorry to hear of your loss, but quite frankly what you say is pure supposition.....exactly what you accuse others of who don't agree with your ideology. Who know's what would have happened with if's and but's.......equally nobody on this planet knows the long term side effects of taking an experimental drug.

There is one thing that nobody can disagree with......if you put foreign substances into your body you cannot take them out. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Mr Ducie » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:37 pm

maccydee wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

You do realise that the majority of unvaccinated deaths are older vulnerable adults over 70 who were considered too ill to take the inoculations don’t you ?

The problem with the data is that most of the public only get told one side of the statistics.
If you log into ONS lots of information that the MSM don’t report is freely available in order that the individual can make an informed decision.

With regards to your statement regarding people sadly passing away “ but it’s likely not because of Covid” after receiving the vaccine, you do realise that almost 98% of deaths are actually “with Covid” not “of Covid” , which is the same principle you are comparing with inoculation people.

With regards to the so called Delta variant, whilst it’s one of 65,00O ( yes 65,000) there is no way of knowing which variant the person has as the testing tools in place do not have the diagnostic genome sequencing to identify variants are there are so many live viruses in circulation.
Mr Ducie

Postby Welshman in CA » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:29 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Sorry to hear of your loss, but quite frankly what you say is pure supposition.....exactly what you accuse others of who don't agree with your ideology. Who know's what would have happened with if's and but's.......equally nobody on this planet knows the long term side effects of taking an experimental drug.

There is one thing that nobody can disagree with......if you put foreign substances into your body you cannot take them out. :bluebird:

Experimental? Can you explain why you think it's experimental for a simpleton like me.
Welshman in CA

Postby TheHangedMan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:40 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Experimental? Can you explain why you think it's experimental for a simpleton like me.

Absolutely, if a pharma company or Govt. will not indemnify the drug it is experimental. If it is so safe there would be no reason for the pharma company to not indemnify the recipient of the miracle cure. Simples... :thumbup: :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Welshman in CA » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:00 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Absolutely, if a pharma company or Govt. will not indemnify the drug it is experimental. If it is so safe there would be no reason for the pharma company to not indemnify the recipient of the miracle cure. Simples... :thumbup: :bluebird:

So every drug and vaccine is indemnified by either or except this one? News to me but how does this make it experimental ?

If you don't want to take it then that's your choice but all these bullshit excuses for not taking it are pathetic & just made up to scare people who may be on the fence. Just say you don't want to take it & be done rather than trying to scare people.
Welshman in CA

Postby maccydee » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:54 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

maccydee

Postby maccydee » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:54 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

I mean that’s just made up
maccydee

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:40 pm

Its on trial until 2023, to me, thats pretty experimental?? And brought in under emergency powers.
Ibread something that made ne laugh the other day, some bloke said he has built up antibodies to covid, as thsts ehat the jab does! How can your body build anti bodies, when there is 0 covid in the injection, therefire the body cannot build antibidies against something that isnt there ?? One poster has it spot on though, people have changed drastically over this virus. And especially against those, Who for whatever reason, have decided against having it!! The holier than thou syndrome is clear to see from some people imho.
Judge,and be judged I believe!
bluesince62

Postby boyo1927 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:49 pm

Everyone has a choice but facts are facts. 110k in UK saved from jabs....personally I find it astonishing and selfish if people don't take the jab for reasons that are not reasonable....if medically advised I get it if not make little.sense to me. But that's my thoughts the minority are not having it and facts are they are likely to get seriously ill or die more than most...
boyo1927

Postby Nuclearblue » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:18 am

:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:
Nuclearblue

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:19 am

boyo1927 wrote:Everyone has a choice but facts are facts. 110k in UK saved from jabs....personally I find it astonishing and selfish if people don't take the jab for reasons that are not reasonable....if medically advised I get it if not make little.sense to me. But that's my thoughts the minority are not having it and facts are they are likely to get seriously ill or die more than most...

And here's an example of what I said! "Everyone has a choice" then goes on to say you find it astonishing and selfish, because someone has made a different choice!! Surely you should be happy you feel protected as you have obviously had yours?
Why are you worried about the choices of others, it's their choice yeah? In your view they are "most likely to get seriously ill or die, more than most" again, that is their choice, and as long as they can live with it, that's fine by me tbh.
I cannot have it, but won't judge those who chose not to, the same for those who chose to take it, after all, it's not for me, or anyone else, to make that choice for them, I'm as much at risk as those who choose not to have it, and according to some views on here, through no fault of my own, should stay away from the general population, as I'm a risk!!

Live & let live. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Next

Return to General Chat