Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: TONIGHT WAS THE FIRST TIME McCARTHY’S BLUEBIRDS HAD

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:36 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION:

TONIGHT WAS THE FIRST TIME McCARTHY’S BLUEBIRDS HAD PLAYED A TEAM IN THE TOP 8 IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS SEASON & CARDIFF WERE VERY POOR & WERE NEVER IN THE GAME.

Cardiff were lucky it was only 1nil.

I will say it again, we need more quality players, the bench was weak tonight, yes we had injuries, but this will happen a lot and the squad is full of to many less quality players.

The matches to come, are going to get tougher than Coventry City.

Attempts on goal were very very poor once again.

First-half: Not a good first-half by Cardiff, over all Coventry deserved the half-time lead. Reminded me of Forest away.

At h/t
Mick clearly was unhappy with what he's seen as Colwill and Harris were replaced by Bowen and Collins.

Second-half: Coventry continued to control the game and despite Cardiff's half-times changes, Cardiff never improved.

Cardiff continued to struggle and even Kieffer Moore was booked for pulling back a Coventry player.

COVENTRY CITY 1 CARDIFF CITY 0 :cry: :cry:
H-T 1-0
Crowd Away Support ( 1,440 )

Phillips; Ng, Morrison (c), Flint, Nelson; Pack, Bagan, Vaulks; Colwill, Harris; Moore

Subs: Smithies, McGuinness, Collins, Sang, Brown, Evans, Bowen

GOAL! Coventry City 1-0 Cardiff City :cry:
Gyokeres slots home to put Coventry ahead. :cry:

It was a well worked goal in fairness, but Cardiff caught napping defensively. :cry:

H-T 1-0

Cardiff continued to struggle and even Kieffer Moore was booked for pulling back a Coventry player.

75th min: James Collins missed a beyond sitter and not even on target :cry:

76th min: For Cardiff, Evans replaced Vaulks.

90th min Coventry player sent off.

UP NEXT THIS SATURDAY BOURNEMOUTH HOME 3PM / PAY ON THE DAY FOR BOTH FANS :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: TONIGHT WAS THE FIRST TIME McCARTHY’S BLUEBIRDS

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:38 pm

That was Coventry's 4th win in a row at home / but Cardiff never improved
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:38 pm

We were absolutely appalling tonight, if Mccarthy is actually happy with this squad I would be genuinely shocked and think age is getting to him, one of the poorest championship sides we have had in years

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:39 pm

Poor performance but James collins has had a shocker to take a point.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:39 pm

danielrees17 wrote:We were absolutely appalling tonight, if Mccarthy is actually happy with this squad I would be genuinely shocked and think age is getting to him, one of the poorest championship sides we have had in years

I think we will be the same as we were last season. Relegation battle by the New Year and another dinosaur manager brought in.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:41 pm

I was glad to see the back of Harris.and impressed with micks first few games.but what the hell has he done to us.the squad is shocking

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:44 pm

Very disappointing performance, very poor on the nite,never troubled Coventry.

boyo1927 wrote:Poor performance but James collins has had a shocker to take a point.

Reporter on SSN kept blaming Harris for the Collins miss.. Got to to be honest the squad looked weak tonight.
Last edited by stickywicket on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not a good performance tonight in what was the first real test.

You only had to look at the bench tonight to see how weak our squad is. I'm surprised that Mick keeps on saying he has a great squad.

Coventry deserved the win, look like a decent side to be fair.

But our limitations were exposed tonight and, on that showing, all that beckons in mid table.

If the chance that fell to Collins had fallen to Moore, we probably would have robbed Coventry of two points.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:46 pm

Mid table at best is always what we were. This is a season for development and supporting the youngsters. No point moaning about more players we have no money

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:46 pm

One of the worst performances I have witnessed in the last decade

Absolutely woeful no creativity at all. Simply not good enough!!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:47 pm

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:We were absolutely appalling tonight, if Mccarthy is actually happy with this squad I would be genuinely shocked and think age is getting to him, one of the poorest championship sides we have had in years

I think we will be the same as we were last season. Relegation battle by the New Year and another dinosaur manager brought in.

You barry 88 in disguise? Just wondering? Yes terrible performance in fact worst In long time but relegation ect ect?

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:

You barry 88 in disguise? Just wondering? Yes terrible performance in fact worst In long time but relegation ect ect?

You all jump on about how good Moore is, he’s overrated and has scored once this season. Zero pace. Zero plan B and a manager who refuses to change the system when he can see it’s not right. Vaulks said himself “it’s not working”

Players look unhappy, if you wanna have a pop then I’ll say like I say to everyone who jumps down my throat on the internet. Do it in person.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:51 pm

Everyone seems surprised at the poor performance, well get use to it until there are major changes at the club.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:54 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Everyone seems surprised at the poor performance, well get use to it until there are major changes at the club.

It’s the lack of application from some of the players that has me annoyed. And MM for refusing to change his style of play. Once the fans turn and they will now we are back attending games, it will get toxic very quickly.

Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:

You all jump on about how good Moore is, he’s overrated and has scored once this season. Zero pace. Zero plan B and a manager who refuses to change the system when he can see it’s not right. Vaulks said himself “it’s not working”

Players look unhappy, if you wanna have a pop then I’ll say like I say to everyone who jumps down my throat on the internet. Do it in person.

Not having pop asked a genuine question? Get a lot of people jumping down your throat on internet do you wonder why ... :old:
Why would I see you in person this is a forum not a dating site and your probably not my type... :thumbup: :wave:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pathetic. Outplayed totally by a club with a decent manager and players who play to the basics.
City were dreadful in every way. Cringing to watch.
Vaulks is as bad a player I’ve ever seen down the City.
Collins is just embarrassing.
N
McArthy has got to decide when not if he’s going to drop 2 of his centre backs, play McGuiness and go 4-4-2.
We may play 5 at the back but the players aren’t good enough especially midfield.
One clean sheet in 7.
7 goalless first half’s.
2 goals from open play.
New Year relegation battle beckons.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:56 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Mid table at best is always what we were. This is a season for development and supporting the youngsters. No point moaning about more players we have no money

I will say it again 2 or 3 max players will actually make it, we have consolidated for the last 3 yrs, how long do we keep doing this as our support will dwindle more.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:57 pm

Our first touch is appalling all over the park. Our decision making and passing ability woefully just as bad.

Tonight more than ever I saw our philosophy was simply 'kick the ball'. Forget about 'to a player'.

When we are this bad we have to take chances. Both Bagan and Collins missed absolute sitters.

Such a weak bench full of individuals unable to make a difference to a game. You might say it's nobody's fault, it's just unlucky with injuries. Don't you believe it. The club are fully aware of the issues and refuse to address them.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:01 pm

Updated:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:04 pm

What he should have said is i would like more players in but i will have to go with what we have not brown nose the board

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:07 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Our first touch is appalling all over the park. Our decision making and passing ability woefully just as bad.

Tonight more than ever I saw our philosophy was simply 'kick the ball'. Forget about 'to a player'.

When we are this bad we have to take chances. Both Bagan and Collins missed absolute sitters.

Such a weak bench full of individuals unable to make a difference to a game. You might say it's nobody's fault, it's just unlucky with injuries. Don't you believe it. The club are fully aware of the issues and refuse to address them.

Think the standout problem was the fact we couldn't or didn't want to pass to teammate.... nearly every pass was away from player or he was crowded out so pass not on lost count times we played the ball between 3 or 4 players going nowhere then lose it? Goal came from one of several cockups with throw ins...why stop doing something that opposition hate especially as alternative didnt work.... not end of world as Coventry best start to season in 50yrs... but hard to see where we go from here if not got full squad available..

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:09 pm

We’ve had chance after chance to appoint a decent Manager.. and we choose the hod carrier every time. That’s the most depressing trait of this board. All been said before tho - sadly.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:Mid table at best is always what we were. This is a season for development and supporting the youngsters. No point moaning about more players we have no money

I will say it again 2 or 3 max players will actually make it, we have consolidated for the last 3 yrs, how long do we keep doing this as our support will dwindle more.

Think that is a bit pessimistic. It looks like two players are pretty certain to make it already in Bagan and Colwill. Would not surprise me if a couple more will come though as there are a few that could well make it Bowen Evans and the ones who have hardly played yet like Mayambe D'Almeria Simba and Issak Davies.

The fact is we haven't got any money and probably won't have next season so there isn't really any alternative to bringing the youngsters through.

Dreadful as we were tonight if it wasn't for that useless donkey Collins we would have got a draw against a side with a 100% record at home.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:

Not having pop asked a genuine question? Get a lot of people jumping down your throat on internet do you wonder why ... :old:
Why would I see you in person this is a forum not a dating site and your probably not my type... :thumbup: :wave:

This made me laugh, fair do’s
:laughing5: :laughing6:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:15 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:

Paul needed a laugh after tonight's performance .... :mrgreen:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:17 pm

Agree that tonight was just abysmal. Maybe Ng and Flint can say they did alright, even Pack....but the others looked awful. Why Vaulks took the short throw which led to their goal I don't understand when all of our defenders were in their box for the long throw so were well out of position. Don't want to blame any of the youngsters as they are being chucked in the deep end really and can't perform every game. Guess this is a season of consolidation but if Mick isnt looking at Robbie Brady or similar to come in and help us create chances then we are in for a long, dull season. How has he left us with zero width in our team and then play a formation with 2 wide players in Harris and Colwill? Shocking game, as bad as I can remember for a long time.
Last edited by CantonStandBob on Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:17 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Rhyswilli3303 wrote:

Paul needed a laugh after tonight's performance .... :mrgreen:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:19 pm

Looking on bright side we moved up one place.. :laughing6:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Looking on bright side we moved up one place.. :laughing6:

:lol: