Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Get rid of this poor formation

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:41 pm

This 5 at the back is clearly not working . Nelson and vaulks need to be dropped awful! Collins couldn’t hit a barn door . Josh should never of left with Giles out we have no winger ! Well done CCFC ! We will finish nowhere near top 6 this season mark my words! MM needs to grow a pair of bollocks and tell tan he needs players . Perfect player with experience Robbie Brady

Re: Get rid of this poor formation

Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:56 pm

How about just get rid of our shot manager.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:33 pm

Didn't realise we had a formation tonight? :o

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:45 am

I also hate this system.

The problem is that we have no wide players - maybe Giles who is a converted left back.

We lost Junior, Whyte, Murphy, Ojo and Wilson in the summer and replaced them with a converted left back who is on loan.

So all width (and I would say pace) has been eradicated from the side.

While some of the youngsters coming through look great prospects none of them are natural wide players.

So this transfer window Mick as essentially conceded any flair or pace and therefore I can't see what formation he can change to... 4 3 3 maybe? Sometimes we play 9 1 :lol: :lol:

Seriously we are in trouble this season.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 am

Bigmarkw wrote:How about just get rid of our shot manager.

With just two defeats in thirteen games, it’s highly unlikely that MM will get removed from post. But if we lose and lose without any fight or lack of effort in the next three games, then MM will surely come under pressure. Nobody knows what has really gone on behind closed doors. For all we know he could have told the board that he’s more than content with the size of his squad and the players at his disposal.

Whoever our next manager is (and I don’t think it’s going to be until the summer) he will have a monumental task of completely rebuilding the first team squad from top to bottom.

I genuinely think there is money there. We have shipped a lot out and not brought in near enough reinforcements. Until the fans take a stand (which we all know they won’t) we are going to see pretty much what we saw last night all season.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:26 am

AfricanBluebird

We did' nt loose the wingers holliet murphy etc we let them go.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:57 am

The formation works in certain games but not in others.

There's no plan B, thats the problem.

Plan B + C would be nice but remember who the manager is.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:49 am

montyblue wrote:AfricanBluebird

We did' nt loose the wingers holliet murphy etc we let them go.

We do have a very natural wide player in Kerion Evans. He has played in the last two games but whether he is any good no one could say on the bassis of those two games.Against Forest we were just protecting the lead and his only job was to chase after Forest defenders. When he came on against Coventry we were in full headless chicken mode unable to string two passes together hoofing ineffective long balls in the general direction of Moore and playing endless head tennis in the centre of the park. It was beyond tedious to watch. The best winger in the world would have got nowhere near the ball. Don't think Giles would have done any better than Evans in those circumstances.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:11 am

Stef_CardiffBlue wrote:This 5 at the back is clearly not working . Nelson and vaulks need to be dropped awful! Collins couldn’t hit a barn door . Josh should never of left with Giles out we have no winger ! Well done CCFC ! We will finish nowhere near top 6 this season mark my words! MM needs to grow a pair of bollocks and tell tan he needs players . Perfect player with experience Robbie Brady

Think the formation suits us just wrong personnel

With sang and giles as full backs theyll get forward and can beat a man and both have good delivery morrison has to come out for mcguiness. Bacuna and ralls back be a huge boost! but got to move the ball ALOT quicker

Phillips
sang mcguiness flint nelson giles
bacuna pack ralls
colwill
Moore

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:43 pm

My side for Saturday
Philips
Giles
Sang
Flint