Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOW: "CARDIFF CITY FANS RIP INTO CARDIFF PLAYER"

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:24 am

MY VIEW:
I said from day one James Collins past his sell by date, was mainly a lower league player and even Luton fans who loved him said they had had the best years years out of him. BUT its totally out of order to turn on Collins like some have, well out of order. Collins is slow and for me not the striker we should be having upfront, but he does give 110% :thumbright: and this does not help giving him abuse.

Collins is nearly 32 yrs old and spent 95% of his career in the lower leagues.
Sadly his best days have gone.
Yes Collins missed an unbelievable sitter, but he is a lower league player and most of these freebies are.
Mick brought him in, so not Collins fault.

‘SHOULDN’T BE ALLOWED BACK ON THE COACH!’ – PLENTY OF CARDIFF CITY FANS RIP INTO ‘TRASH’ PLAYER AFTER COVENTRY DEFEAT

By Luke Phelps @Lukephelps72

Friday 17th September 2021

Cardiff City travelled to Coventry City Wednesday night, as they looked for a second win on the road within the space of a few days.

The Bluebirds won at Nottingham Forest over the weekend but were beaten by a Coventry City side who’ve enjoyed a fine start to the campaign, with Mark Robins’ side now in 4th-place.

For Mick McCarthy’s Cardiff though, last night’s defeat was a humbling one and one player took a lot of online criticism – James Collins.

The former Luton Town man is yet to score his first goal for Cardiff City since signing in the summer and missed one or two golden opportunities to get off the mark last night.

His side now sit in 9th-place of the Championship table.

See what these Cardiff City fans had to say on Twitter about the 30-year-old’s performance v Coventry City:

Cardiff City fans bombarded the Cardiff official site with hundreds liking it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WOW: "CARDIFF CITY FANS RIP INTO CARDIFF PLAYER"

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:25 am

Wow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:34 am

James Collins

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:35 am

Reply Twitter:

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:22 am

The chance came from a Coventry mistake. It was the only way we were going to get back in the game and Collins fluffed it. Those incidents will stick with the fans and they are very hard to shake off.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:51 am

Don't blame the player, it's down to who decided to bring him on board. Definitely a L.2 player though.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:57 am

Is this an actual news article?

I mean, we all are saying the same thing on here but publishing it will not do his or the teams confidence any good

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:14 am

Reply FB:

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:14 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Is this an actual news article?

I mean, we all are saying the same thing on here but publishing it will not do his or the teams confidence any good

Yes

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:38 am

Imo he works hard and seems desperate to do well / score. Don’t think some of those fan comments help though everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Personally I don’t think he’s what we need and doesn’t fit into our style of play.
If he’s on the field tomorrow I’ll get behind him as that’s what he needs more than anything.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:46 am

If a player gets upset(unlikely) by a few comments from the Janets, he probably shouldnt be playing anyway.. most probably laughing his arse off when he sees his bank statement every week..

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:59 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Imo he works hard and seems desperate to do well / score. Don’t think some of those fan comments help though everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Personally I don’t think he’s what we need and doesn’t fit into our style of play.
If he’s on the field tomorrow I’ll get behind him as that’s what he needs more than anything.

He obviously doesn't fit into our style of playing but same for every other striker signed past 6 yrs only moore fits in but dont be surprised if he starts to fail because will get frustrated at lack of sevice and consistently playing out wide to get the ball plus end up knackered like end of last season.... badly need a change of direction so that we have bigger selection of players to target in transfer market because at moment we are very limited due to way we play.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:30 pm

He's not good enough but there's no reason for abuse like that.

As you rightly say Annis, he always gives his all so it's not his fault.

He just isn't good enough.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:02 pm

I’ve said it before and got slated.

Horrible and fickle fans.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:34 pm

Pathetic new breed fans are the worst for it. They be crying if he had scored 8 goals by now and left for a bigger club before deadline day. Modern football huh :lol:

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:05 pm

maccydee wrote:I’ve said it before and got slated.

Some, Neil, some...! ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:11 pm

Replies FB:

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:26 pm

Sven wrote:

Neil needs to go to some of the games and watch such performances. Calling such fans horrible is well poor.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:58 pm

It was like watching a different Club at Coventry on Wednesday to be honest

I was genuinely shocked by how bad and entitled many of our fans are these days.

It was a poor performance but we haven't had a bad start to the season

The booing really surprised me

Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:19 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

Neil needs to go to some of the games and watch such performances. Calling such fans horrible is well poor.

Using 'horrible' as a generalisation is poor but we do have some who seem to dine out on the negativity towards all things Cardiff City

Having said that, ripping into players after a poor performance (or in many circumstances just.a defeat) is nothing new and it happens at all clubs not just ours

Imagine being a 'Jack' right now...! ;) :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:27 pm

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

Using 'horrible' as a generalisation is poor but we do have some who seem to dine out on the negativity towards all things Cardiff City

Having said that, ripping into players after a poor performance (or in many circumstances just.a defeat) is nothing new and it happens at all clubs not just ours

Imagine being a 'Jack' right now...! ;) :lol: :lol:

When I left the ground Wednesday night you could feel the horrible vibes. We went from being optimistic to very worried. Its no surprise some of us reverted to the platforms to vent our frustrations. As you say it happened everywhere but it is usually only a fraction of the fans.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:32 pm

RV Casual wrote:It was like watching a different Club at Coventry on Wednesday to be honest

I was genuinely shocked by how bad and entitled many of our fans are these days.

! was near the front and it was all around me. One or two guys I know stuck their fingers up at the players as they came over. It was wise those players kept there distance else it would have been horrible.

I just believe after the high at Forest we came down with a heavy bump. The club and players should expect a reaction after that. It happens at every club, we are no different.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:30 pm

The most annoying thing about the Collins miss was that a lower division striker wo was past his sell by date would actually have scored with no problem the miss was that bad. The last time I remember a Cardiff striker missing a chance that good was the first game of the season a few seasons ago when we were away to Birmingham. Declan John hit a pass to Freddie Gounabe who was inside the six yard box with no defender and keeper near him he just needed to gently side foot the ball into the net and he ballooned it over the bar.

My near jerk reaction to it was this guy is crap and will never score for us. It turned out he was crap and never did score for us. Funny how you remember some of those terrible misses more than some goals.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

Calling fans who are massively slating Collins is well poor?

Ian, having known you I’m sure you wouldn’t have partaken in that.

I was at the Coventry game. In the home end tickets for troops. It’s not far from me.

It was very bad I agree. Coventry fans actually expected more from us.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:17 pm

Shame a lot more players don’t give 110%, who would blame him for taking an offer to play at a higher level.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:27 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
RV Casual wrote:It was like watching a different Club at Coventry on Wednesday to be honest

! was near the front and it was all around me. One or two guys I know stuck their fingers up at the players as they came over. It was wise those players kept there distance else it would have been horrible.

I just believe after the high at Forest we came down with a heavy bump. The club and players should expect a reaction after that. It happens at every club, we are no different.

I used to go away loads in the past mate but not so much now, usually do about 3-4 games a season away so not a regular traveler compared to most.

There was something different about Wednesday for me, don't get me wrong I am no shrinking violet but I don't know what it was about Wednesday there just felt like a really horrible vibe in that away end and loads of dickheads.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:51 pm

Wasn't so long ago all Cardiff fans wanted to see from their players was 100% effort and commitment which Collins gives every time he plays.

I'm not sure he's the answer but how on earth is such criticism meant to motivate him or give him support?

He's obviously short of confidence but he's shown previously he can be an effective player at Championship level.

Let's try supporting him a bit more rather than trying to undermine his confidence even more with such over the top criticism.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:21 pm

When u see all the so called football experts on here destroying a player like Collins u have to understand why Malky warnock who were the best managers we have had in recent years not risk young players as supporters can destroy confidence in a young player and destroy a career.

This is why what Mick is doing is so risky hearing supporters sorry so called supporters destroying Bagan is terrible a young player who has been going a chance by a brave manager but supporters spouting off he is not good enough, not yet maybe but give the boy a chance I can go on mark harris Ruben and Bowen supporters are called support so how about trying it and support the players.

We are now playing the young players we need to support them and they could turn into class players but not if we carry on like this as for Collins poor sod brought in to do a job and no one can say he doesnt try as he fights and works his bollocks off just a goal could bring confidence to him as he does know where the net is as proved in the championship last season so give the boy a break Cardiff City we are not Man UTD we got what we can so support them not destroy them

Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Total opposite feeling at the Forest game. Expectations were high at the start Wednesday night but that was quickly subdued when the game kicked off. That performance reflected in the support.

I used to go away loads in the past mate but not so much now, usually do about 3-4 games a season away so not a regular traveler compared to most.

There was something different about Wednesday for me, don't get me wrong I am no shrinking violet but I don't know what it was about Wednesday there just felt like a really horrible vibe in that away end and loads of dickheads.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:00 am

He's our Cavani,now let it rest there before this post gets silly .