Mick McCARTHY: Free transfer market of interest

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:05 am

Mick McCARTHY:

Free transfer market of interest?

"Not at the moment. I don’t want to bring people in for them to not be playing. I think we’ve also got some good youngsters, who in this moment in time are doing a good job."

"We dont need anymore new additions, we have the squad and strength in depth."

"If we’re going to do that then we’ve got to continue to trust them."
Attachments
0_GettyImages-1231285580 (1).jpg
0_GettyImages-1231285580 (1).jpg (75.2 KiB) Viewed 7635 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Mick McCARTHY: Free transfer market of interest

Postby DEANO » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:22 am

DELUDED
DEANO

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:35 am

DEANO wrote:DELUDED

He as started to bring youngsters on so be good idea to now drop them for free agents that's great for confidence........ cannot bring in players to replace rolls ect as that is a total waste of money having 15k a week players sat on bench... unfortunately got to wait until end season and hopefully get rid of Tomlin ect to free money up to bring in different players.
pembroke allan

Postby Bridgwater Blue » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:08 pm

I wish we could just decide what we really want. Like many clubs we don't have loads of money to spend. The majority of us were constantly asking for youth to be given a chance. We lose a couple of games and suddenly the squad isn't good enough. It never was since we replaced senior high earners with youth!
Either we are patient and accept that we are a mid table team at best this season and maybe next or we stop asking to play the youth players.
I know football is a game of opinions but can we just agree with what we are happy with!
Bridgwater Blue

Postby DEANO » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Too many youngsters being thrown in at once .theres no way bagan will go 20 plus games .
DEANO

Postby fred keenor » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Same as Harris , reading from the same script Dalman has set him to stick too
fred keenor

Postby Bluebird1977 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:44 pm

fred keenor wrote:Same as Harris , reading from the same script Dalman has set him to stick too

Correct but its the same as any manager although the truth wouldn't be said or he be up the road like others if he said the club won't spend f**k all as I'd like half a new team but told no. The problem is he takes the blame weekly but that's football :bluescarf:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:01 pm

DEANO wrote:Too many youngsters being thrown in at once .theres no way bagan will go 20 plus games .

Hang on, I thought this is what the vast majority of fans wanted - our youngsters to be given a chance. Oh wait, they have to be instant Earnies or Ramsey’s. I get it now.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby T1JMO » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mick McCARTHY:

"We dont need anymore new additions, we have the squad and strength in depth."

Huh?
T1JMO

Postby Crayfish » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:48 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
DEANO wrote:Too many youngsters being thrown in at once .theres no way bagan will go 20 plus games .

Hang on, I thought this is what the vast majority of fans wanted - our youngsters to be given a chance. Oh wait, they have to be instant Earnies or Ramsey’s. I get it now.

Very few are complaining about the youngsters being played although even people who want to see youngsters played know full well there is a limit to how many you can play at one go.

I think the trouble stems from people having convinced themselves that we have a good chance of making the playoffs rather than this being a season of consolidation and bringing the youngsters through. The problem with making the playoffs is a lot of things would have to go right for that to happen. Tomlin would need to come back on some form. Collins would need to be a decent goal scorer, Moore would have to show some of the form of last season etc. None of that is happening yet we are still in touch with the playoffs almost certainly because we have had a really soft start to the season against the worst teams.

I think a month from now after playing a few of the better sides we will be for lay in mid table and people will accecpt the rest of this season is about preparing for next season mainly by bringing a few more youngsters through and deciding if we want to keep MM on as the manager who takes us forward.
Crayfish

Postby Barclay1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:32 pm

Of course he should be Interested in the free transfer market.

What a load of old tripe from McCarthy. What he means is "we are not allowed to shell out even on wages for someone to bolster my inadequate squad"

Sadly if MM was to walk or be sacked, nobody would want to be seen within a million miles of managing this club under its current ownership
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Sven » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:38 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Of course he should be Interested in the free transfer market.

What a load of old tripe from McCarthy. What he means is "we are not allowed to shell out even on wages for someone to bolster my inadequate squad"

Sadly if MM was to walk or be sacked, nobody would want to be seen within a million miles of managing this club under its current ownership

I bet they would (quote): "would want to be seen within a million miles of managing this club under its current ownership"

You do the club, its position in the football league, its potential and any incumbents desire/need to work a disservice

These may not be the best of times but by some considerable distance they are not the worst and we managed to attract even then... ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:51 pm

Sven wrote:

I bet they would (quote): "would want to be seen within a million miles of managing this club under its current ownership"

You do the club, its position in the football league, its potential and any incumbents desire/need to work a disservice

These may not be the best of times but by some considerable distance they are not the worst and we managed to attract even then... ;)

If anything we are a very good proposition for any manager what with all the dead wood out contract end season.... perfect opportunity to stamp their mark on club... as far as owners concerned this one as backed manager after manager to different levels at present its difficult for all clubs except relegated ones but to say no one would come here is nuts... as for recruiting freebies what message does it send to colwill Harris ect to have players come in to replace them.... either that or have 15k a week players sit on bench (like bacuna) or in reserves great use of the money we havent got according to some... :o
pembroke allan

Postby Barclay1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:53 pm

In terms of the clubs league position and status I agree we have seen much worse.

In terms of ownership, lack of investment, lack of proper communication other than a host of incredulous statements from a manager about how good we are , lack of visibility, and an air of having 'given up' I really struggle to know worse times.

There have been equally bad times, but to say they were worse than the current incumbents is very difficult to say.
Barclay1

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:15 pm

Barclay1 wrote:In terms of the clubs league position and status I agree we have seen much worse.

In terms of ownership, lack of investment, lack of proper communication other than a host of incredulous statements from a manager about how good we are , lack of visibility, and an air of having 'given up' I really struggle to know worse times.

There have been equally bad times, but to say they were worse than the current incumbents is very difficult to say.

You make out that tan as done sfa for the club in way of investment? He as invested huge amounts of money to managers. Invested huge amounts in the house of sport programmes...how many owners of city have done anything to invest in team or club to an extent that gave us promotions and cup finals? Rick Wright is one I dont include SH as what he supposedly put in he wants back from club... present owner as no intention of doing same outside of selling club to recoup his investment. Anyway it's about opinions for what they're worth.
pembroke allan

Postby Barclay1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:29 pm

You will be shocked to hear I do agree with you in the long term .

However, this season specifically, and, in my opinion, last year, there has been zero investment in the playing side or interest shown overall.

Every club has been affected by COVID, but we,are acting like the poorest team in the whole of the football league.
Barclay1

Postby Crayfish » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:36 pm

I think you will find that managing a championship club like Cardiff would get you a salary of somewhere between £500,000 and £7500,000 a year and you might be surprised at how many people that sort of money attracts.
Crayfish

Postby Sven » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:39 pm

Barclay1 wrote:You will be shocked to hear I do agree with you in the long term .

However, this season specifically, and, in my opinion, last year, there has been zero investment in the playing side or interest shown overall.

Every club has been affected by COVID, but we,are acting like the poorest team in the whole of the football league.

Zero interest...? :shock:

"Zero interest" is when the money stops coming in to cover the bills. That hasn't happened to this point and I believe Vincent Tan is principled enough not to let that happen

Are we up for sale? I didn't thinks so; but I am more and more convinced that we are being up for exactly that and let's not forget that the only reason we weren't sold a year or so ago was because of a(a) the books, and (b) the involvement of a certain person of interest
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Barclay1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:04 pm

We will all keep banging the drum for our opinion on the matter.

I wouldn't expect to change anyone's mind about their feelings on our ownership.

I simply think our ownership are doing the bare minimum to keep us alive, and the football world talks and will know this.
Barclay1

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:10 pm

Barclay1 wrote:We will all keep banging the drum for our opinion on the matter.

I wouldn't expect to change anyone's mind about their feelings on our ownership.

I simply think our ownership are doing the bare minimum to keep us alive, and the football world talks and will know this.

You could well be right about doing bare minimum but considering his fortune as taken massive hit it's not surprising he as cut spending to minimum.... outside relegated clubs few clubs spending any money but relying on freebies or loans...... football doesnt need to talk about us ffs the whole world is in similar situation (except premier league) going back to freebies who do we drop to fit them in? Youngsters wont help their confidence or players like bacuna ect on 12k+ a week so wasting the money we dont have?
pembroke allan

Postby nubbsy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:12 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

We do want them involved but when we are relying on them week in week out then it's not really ideal
nubbsy

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:14 am

nubbsy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

We do want them involved but when we are relying on them week in week out then it's not really ideal

Spot on and some not even Championship standard.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:55 am

nubbsy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That’s a fair point.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:29 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That’s a fair point.

It is but on flip side they get limited game time so delaying the experience they will need next season.... It's a catch 22 but at end day to bring in more players is going to cost club unessasry wages even though could probably
do with new players....its just the the wrong time ..
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat