Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

America has it right re vaccinations

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:58 pm

You have two you are free.

You don’t you aren’t.

Unless You aren’t able to have two.

Instead of locking down everyone they lock down those that aren’t arsed about protecting themselves.

As was said in an auditorium of the 2000 people.

If everyone is double vaccinated. The chances of transmission are three times lower. That’s a lot less chance of it passing around.
What does transmit is less likely to put that person in hospital.

Why wouldn’t you have it?

Re: America has it right re vaccinations

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:02 am

Well I have a number of FB friends who have chosen not to have it. However, the excuses they use are somewhat very thin reasons.

One excuse is that there are a number of people who have had serious side effects from the jabs. This number is a very small fraction, well below 1%, compared to the millions that have had it.

Another excuse is why have the jabs if you can still catch the virus and pass it on. These types of people seem to ignore the fact it improves your chance of surviving by 99%. Adding to that it has taken a massive workload of the NHS.

When this subject come up like now it reminds me of this anti-Vaxx guy who posted picture all over the place from the Zombie films claiming we are all on a way to such a Nation. It reminds me of Mary Whitehouse who started a campaign against showing such films about cannibalism. You got the impression from her we were on our way to become such a people, cannibals. Well 40 years later we are nowhere near that.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:47 am

maccydee wrote:You have two you are free.

You don’t you aren’t.

Unless You aren’t able to have two.

Instead of locking down everyone they lock down those that aren’t arsed about protecting themselves.

As was said in an auditorium of the 2000 people.

If everyone is double vaccinated. The chances of transmission are three times lower. That’s a lot less chance of it passing around.
What does transmit is less likely to put that person in hospital.

Why wouldn’t you have it?

I agree that it makes absolute sense to have both jabs (I have) but I also understand the right of an individual to have the final say on what is put into their bodies. As frustrating as it is if someone simply refuses to have the vaccination then that is really the end of the matter.

The only caveat being that if someone is unvaccinated and they pose a potential risk to other vulnerable people then they must accept that there is a consequence to their decision.

My other concern is where do you draw the line on age? I am very concerned about vaccinating teenagers. Covid posses very little danger to children yet we (the older generation) are asking them to take a risk which could have long term unknown consequences. I am uncomfortable in expecting my grandchildren to take a risk to protect me.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:35 pm

Firstly, if the vaccine works, then you have nothing to fear from what others have chosen. The whole protect others stuff is emotional blackmail from governments who have shown an uneasy relationship with truth the last 18 months.

If this is a good idea then why not punish others for choices made that affect public health? Going over the speed limit might kill others, let’s ban any speed offenders from ever driving again?

People’s bad eating, drinking and drug habits take hospital beds from other sick people, are you for punishing them too?

Your point is very simplistic and quite scary that a normal person could think something so authoritarian.

In the free progressive post Nazi world we have a certain right called INFORMED CHOICE. If people have received all the information (how could you not with all the government propaganda) and chosen not to have what is still an experimental vaccine for which the long term side affects are not known (and so the so called clinical trials were a joke).

Yes relatively not many people have suffered vaccine side effects (so far) but then very few people actually die of COVID either.

We need to stop hand wringing, remove all the silly rules, and get on with our lives as we will not eradicate respiratory corona viruses and we will not eradicate death. The damage from these NPIs is massive and still ongoing and the longer this goes on the more and bigger problems we are creating for ourselves.

Let’s get on with life as everyone has had their chance to take a vaccination and can still change their mind if they haven’t. Restricting and demonising the unvaccinated definitely won’t change their minds.