Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Leeds fans ‘

Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:36 am

Leeds fans at Newcastle top tier last night (Friday )live on Sky tv / sold out as usual 3,500
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Leeds fans ‘

Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:56 am

As much as I hate them,I have to admire their support. Like it or not they are a big club with predominantly local support.
The other club I admire again for their ' local' support is Newcastle who I believe to be the best supported club in the UK.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:36 am

Historicaly you and swansea share the biggest crowds here in Wales.
Since the 70s onwards which of you would hand on heart command the biggest gates .
I was at Swansea for our (leeds) game 81 toshacks team they battered us the vetch was jam packed .
I was also at your place cardiff v leeds 1972 jam packed as was the game at Ninians l8 70s v arsenal
From an outsider a leeds fan I had tickets through annis for all your city leeds games massive home support with leeds selling all our allocated tickets so I would say cardiff had the biggest crowds but when toshack had the swans their crowds over the seasons he was there were equally large its a statistic someone must know it would be interesting to find out..

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:01 pm

andy 189 wrote:Historicaly you and swansea share the biggest crowds here in Wales.
Since the 70s onwards which of you would hand on heart command the biggest gates .
I was at Swansea for our (leeds) game 81 toshacks team they battered us the vetch was jam packed .
I was also at your place cardiff v leeds 1972 jam packed as was the game at Ninians l8 70s v arsenal
From an outsider a leeds fan I had tickets through annis for all your city leeds games massive home support with leeds selling all our allocated tickets so I would say cardiff had the biggest crowds but when toshack had the swans their crowds over the seasons he was there were equally large its a statistic someone must know it would be interesting to find out..

Look at the biggest crowds between the two of us!! No competition from down west!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:20 am

5,450 Leeds fans away at Fulham the other night ( night game ) league cup
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:22 am

andy 189 wrote:Historicaly you and swansea share the biggest crowds here in Wales.

Swansea did get a bug cried v Leeds in 1981 , thanks to Leeds away support.
But they ended up 6th in top flight football but only averaged 17,000 at home that season.

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:56 am

I watched city play Leeds at ellend ed old second division 1980s crowd 11000

Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:23 pm

I was ashamed to be a leeds fan at the vetch in 81 the violence after the game was terrible leeds fans ran amok terrible it was and thats not me I am a normal fan thankfully times have changed for the better..

Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:41 pm

skiprat wrote:I watched city play Leeds at ellend ed old second division 1980s crowd 11000

I was there, Cardiff took 250 lads on the train .

Lost to a penalty just over 12,000 at Elland Rosd

To be fair Leeds away support was still very very good.

I think they’ve only had a few years of bad home support , a lot stopped going in protest against Ken Bates.

Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:24 am

andy 189 wrote:I was ashamed to be a leeds fan at the vetch in 81 the violence after the game was terrible leeds fans ran amok terrible it was and thats not me I am a normal fan thankfully times have changed for the better..

Andy,
About 30 of us once went down to Swansea home game that season and got taken of the North Bank and put in to the away end, after the game, we personally saw Swansea attacking families as they came out.